10/19/13 Wonder. Galveston to W Caribbean.

Did we decide on a meetup time/location yet?

If not, may I suggest 3pm on our sail date (Saturday)? We've done many at that time in the Promenade Lounge (Deck 3, port side), and it generally works out great. Great location out of the elements (if there are any) and plenty of time to mingle before the life boat drill! Also good to put faces to names early on...then we recognize each other all over the ship, and can coordinate excursions, beverage tastings, other meetups, etc.

Any thoughts/ideas??

Did we decide on a meetup time/location yet?

If not, may I suggest 3pm on our sail date (Saturday)? We've done many at that time in the Promenade Lounge (Deck 3, port side), and it generally works out great. Great location out of the elements (if there are any) and plenty of time to mingle before the life boat drill! Also good to put faces to names early on...then we recognize each other all over the ship, and can coordinate excursions, beverage tastings, other meetups, etc.

Any thoughts/ideas??

Someone on Facebook said they would organize a Meet & Greet, but, personally, I like your idea. They were talking about the 1st or 2nd day - maybe we can do both.

We don't usually end up at a meet and greet, but if we happen to be passing through, we'll say hi. Unfortunately, we will have just gotten on and might be more interested in eating and catching our breath before muster.

Everything closes at 3 so you go to muster which is why it's often a top choice for meet ups. This is what we are looking at doing. Just heard in from Jon who is arranging via Facebook. He is submitting the room reservation form.

Should have been more specific. We probably won't be on board until close to 2:00. Unfortunately, we had to fly in day of, so we don't get to Hobby until around noon. By the time we get our luggage, meet our private car, and get to the port, I expect it to be around 1:30.

I figure we'll get on board, find something to eat (probably at the grill or something), drop our stuff in our cabin, and then head straight to muster. We usually like to get there early to beat the crowds.

I have spent so much time on the FB group and keep forgetting to come back over here. Just popping in to say hello and 9 more days - wooohoooo:cool1:

Anyone flying into Hobby on Saturday morning interested in sharing transportation to Galveston?

We actually get in Friday night, but don't plan on going south until maybe 10:30 or so on Saturday. We are flexible though.

Same plan after the cruise. We have an 11:45 flight out of Hobby. Would that work for anyone?

Please let us know. Thanks.

I'm flying into Hobby on Saturday, but I already have my transfers booked. Plus, we don't get in until around noon. On the way back, I have family picking us up.

Anyone flying into Hobby on Saturday morning interested in sharing transportation to Galveston?

We actually get in Friday night, but don't plan on going south until maybe 10:30 or so on Saturday. We are flexible though.

Same plan after the cruise. We have an 11:45 flight out of Hobby. Would that work for anyone?

Please let us know. Thanks.

We might be interested going back to hobby. Our flight isn't until later but we can head to hobby anytime. We have 4, 2 adults a 6 year old and 21 month old.

I'm flying into Hobby on Saturday, but I already have my transfers booked. Plus, we don't get in until around noon. On the way back, I have family picking us up.

Thanks. Do you mind sharing info on who you are using? We're still looking at a taxi versus shuttle vs whatever.

HI!
We have the meet up officially scheduled.
What: A chance to meet your fellow overplanners and DISers!
Where: Studio Sea, Deck 4, Midship
When: 2:30pm, Saturday, October 19 - Aka embarkation day.
We plan to stick around for a few and hope you will stop by.

Also, I will have my room list for Fish Extenders with me so if you upgrade at port, you can update it on the list.

More info about where that'll be posted and why on Wednesday in case you miss the meetup or can't find someone.

Hello!
Is there a May or Gladstone that belong to Group 2 on the FE?

Your room is not posted on the list. Please update it if you have a chance! Thanks!

Also, please check your accounts this week to make sure you haven't had any last minute changes. There were a few changes announced on the facebook group where some people got moved a few decks. Please check out the Google Doc to see that all of your information for your family is correct.

PLEASE! NO ADDITIONS TO THE FE AT THIS TIME. IT IS CLOSED.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvUBQJfN8XW7dHVPckh2Ylc5TElDMTJ1OEtpclNNSnc#gid=0

If your room changes after the final printing of this list which will be done on Friday afternoon, please visit me at room 7098 to mark your updated room on the list which will be put on my door.
I will also have this list at the meet-up if I make it on time! (I should make it on time...)
You can come and update it on the first day and so everyone can check it to make sure that they are delivering to the correct rooms if people move around. Thanks!

Please let me know if you have any questions on that.

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS
:dance3:

Nah- Anchorage and Fairbanks are on the road system. They don't count. You are considered Bush Alaska when you have to take an airplane to get to a Walmart. (Well, that is my definition anyway)

Kodiak is one of the place we haven't visited yet. Barrow is the other. They are on the list.

Princesskayla: Hope we get to meet you (and everyone else one here) onboard, would love to hear more about your Alaska experiences.

Just did our check-in for tomorrow's flights. Came up with a message: "Your flight is overbooked. Would you consider changing your flight for a $150 voucher?" HECK NO!!!!

Okay, if they want to offer me that deal AFTER the cruise I'll consider it, but I wouldn't take any chances before the cruise. In maybe 9 cruise flights we've been stranded on the return twice (never before luckily), but you never know, which is why we always travel the day before.

Looking forward to meeting everyone hopefully, and, btw, Thanks for all the info shared on here. Safe travels to everyone.:drive:

Could you leave earlier?

Our flight is 7:30AM, nothing available earlier. Syracuse isn't the easiest place to fly in or out of, and with about 6 hrs flying time plus a layover, we don't want to try any later flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter