1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise=A Mickeystoontown report 4/3x2

Hmmm.... We stayed at POR and loved it.... The food court was a highlight. It was huge and never crowded. We loved the pool also.... We had to stay there since there were five of us. I wonder if it's a lot different than the FQ area... Honestly I never went over to look. Lol. Did you happen to check out Riverside while you were there?

I got tickled at Mama as we were talking on our way back to the resort and as we passed by the Treehouses again. She was saying how they were “right out in the middle of the woods, with water all around and there were probably snakes everywhere! Just look at all those shrubs and vines and grass and stuff right up under those houses. No way would I stay there!”. Why was that funny? Well, we live with woods and pastures all the way around us, shrubs, vines and grass just right there and we have seen plenty of snakes.

We made it back to the resort and walked over to the food court. We were hungry but not super hungry and none of us, with the exception of pizza loving Hunter, could make up our minds what we wanted to order. I asked a castmember at one of the stations what she suggested and she said that the chicken and ribs were good and so was the soup. John decided to get the chicken and rib plate with collard greens and some kind of rice. I didn’t want two huge pieces of chicken and the castmember suggested that I get the kids meal since it had only one piece of chicken. That’s what I ordered and chose the mashed potatoes and corn. Hunter chose a cheese pizza and they only had the individual cheese in a kids’ size so that’s what he went with. He had gone to the pizza station himself and I didn’t know that he had ordered such a small pizza or I would have told him to order two. Mama ordered the pot roast with potatoes and one other side.

This is where I completely forgot my Disboard responsibilities and didn’t take one doggone picture. Probably because I was too busy trying to wipe all of the nasty grease off my fingers and pick out the hard piece of corn cob out of my corn. John couldn’t take pictures because he was trying to pull what little meat there was off the rib and wiping grease from his fingers too. And, he was having great difficulty with the greens. They were tough as boot leather. Hunter’s pizza? Well, cheese pizza is what it is...cheese pizza. He ate it all and I tried to get him to buy another one but he said that he really didn’t want more. Mama couldn’t eat all of her pot roast and she shared with us. It was really quite good and John and I both wished that we had gotten the pot roast. As it was, John and I threw away the majority of our food and felt like the almost $40 we spent on dinner was a waste. John told Mama that she should tell those chefs “Outta my way people! I’m gonna teach you to cook!”

We sat in the food court a while letting what little food we ate settle and took in our surroundings:

We took the path straight ahead and walked through the pool area where I took pictures this time:

This snail doesn’t look very big in the picture but it was about the size of a half dollar:

I wish that I had stopped and taken a picture of this pretty fountain in the daytime:

Because of the resort’s size, we were back at our room in no time and settled down for the night. We were all tired and ready to hit the sheets!

**Up next: Mamaw puckers up for Mr. BlueButt!

I am all caught up now!!!! I will confess that I followed the links and didn't read everyone else's post :guilty:. I know that makes me a bad, bad Diser :blush:. Seeing the pictures of POFQ I know what you mean about being like home; we have all the Mardi Gras stuff around Mobile too. I did like the courtyards in some of your earlier pictures though. I like that 'little village/town' feel you get with the breezeway type courtyards. That was one of my favorite things about CSR.

Your check in experience was almost just like our experience when we stayed at CSR. I don't know if you remember me talking about it or not.

Nice room, and I like that POFQ is small, but that decor in the food court and shops is just too over the top for me! Not a fan of the big masks staring me down while I try to eat!!
Sorry you had such lousy food there. I think the POR food court is better and has lots of good options.

LOL at your boss's call! What did he think you were going to do? :confused3

Nice to see so many updates :thumbsup2 I was really interested in what you thought of POFQ. We have thought about staying there but I really really do not like the mardi gra or the alligator decorations :confused3 That big mask of the man's face in the food court gives me the creeps ! Oh yeah cute photo with your head in the alligator's mouth :rotfl:

I'm so sorry that POFQ was making such a bad impression on you! There really isn't much to see, but we did love the small size. Having said that we didn't do any resort days when we stayed there, so that didn't much matter.

I wasn't too impressed with the food court at FQ either. I did love the Mardi Gras warehouse feel though. I thought it was fun!

Having said all that, I'm a lot like you. I want to be whisked away to something different from what I see every day.:goodvibes

Great update! Those rooms look really pretty :) Did you ever get to try the POR food court during your trip? That food court is excellent and has the best "Create Your Own Salad" station. The cheese danish was pretty good in the morning too ;) I may or may not had one every morning. :rolleyes1

Lisa, POFQ is small! Loved it and thought the feel and theme were well done, but we personally missed the spread out feel of the larger mods.

I will be interested to hear your final thoughts on POFQ and if you got over to POR at all.

Your mama looks great, I hope I look half that good at her age!

Holy huge update! :rotfl: I love seeing your pictures of the resort. I think I would rather stay at POR, and in the Tree-houses. :goodvibes Mom and I ate at the food court at POR and really enjoyed it.
I thought your hair looked longer, and I thought it was really cute. We always take our bath supplies also. I need lots of conditioner so you know.....it's easiest. :lmao:

Love the dresses and how they were able to coordinate them with where they were each day.

I never remember to look up when I am out and about. I don't even notice the masks in the food court. And I never noticed those headless people in the store. You should post that over at the Weird Odd Strange photo thread.

I took a picture of snail on our trip in April at POFQ. I am 57 years old and NEVER saw a snail and shell on the move.

Love the snail picture! Too bad about the rude CM and bad food. I know you are glad you tried it but now know it is not for you. I keep trying different DVC resorts to see which I like best. I am with you on scenery. I have not tried VWL because it seems so close to where I live in the Smokies.

Love the funny pictures of you and hunter with the statues, I love bringing home silly pictures from vacation! I know I can always count on some silly pics in your trip reports!

Great pics of the resort. Love the purple in the rooms (My fave color!) I am not really a fan of the dark woods for the most part but it works in that room.

Sorry you didn't like your dinner, I remember it being good there but it's been years. Maybe they just had an off night.

I am loving your pictures of POFQ. To me it's just so beautiful. It's on my to do list and if it works out will be one of my 2 choices for staying on property next. I like how small it is too. Food wise....I haven't found much in the way of the food coursts that is stunning yet. I think the Values have the best ones, but even then not always fabulous, though I have a few favorites at Pop, which the ydid away with.

I think the ribs at Disney for the most part are not that great anywhere, though WCC had some good ones last time I was there.

I can't wait to hear more.

I enjoyed your pictures of your room and the resort. Thanks for taking us along on the (short) tour with you!

Love the boat ride to and from DTD. How cool that you saw fireworks- a really nice surprise. That is a great pictue looking back at DTD all lit up!

How disappointing about your food! Not a very good average- 2 meals ok, 2 inedible. What I wouldn't pay to see you and Mama storming the kitchen and showing them what's what!!

Very cool snail!

All caught up again!

We love POR...I've never stayed at POFQ, but we did walk there one morning for breakfast. Our experience in the food court was a good one, but I'm sorry to hear that yours was not. :(

The boat ride to DTD is one of my very favorite things about POR! What a beautiful and relaxing ride! Glad you were able to experience it.

I just got back from our summer vacation to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and just got caught up on your TR. We drove through Cades Cove one evening and I shared with those in my car the story of when your guys were told to put their hands in the air to avoid the mosquitos or something. Anyway, that's too bad about the Food Court experience. We stayed at POR on our first trip to WDW and I loved it. We didn't take the time to walk around POFQ, but I have read too about the small size of the resort. I just don't like the faces in the food court...way too creepy for me and my crew. On a side note, I love the photo of your mom and Hunter in the food court. I just love the dynamic between her and your kids.

Sorry about your food court experience. I was looking at POFQ or Riverside and opted with going to my fav CBR! So glad I did! Those big masks freak me out! I would have taken one look at them and would of run the other way!
Love the pic of you and Hunter! Can't wait for more!

Great update. Don't you just love the boat ride to DTD? That was my favorite perk of staying at POR, POFQ, and SSR. Did you walk around POR?

Too bad the food court's food wasn't up to par.

Fun picture of Hunter jamming with the gators. How cool to get a birthday message when you got to your room.

Glad Mama's pot roast was good.

You even got a good night kiss of fireworks on your way back to the resort. Very cool!

The boat ride to DTD was so nice and relaxing. We didn not get a chance to walk over to POR.

The food court was nasty!

Yeah!! :cool1:Another TR from Mickeystoontown!! :worship: Love reading them but usually they are all done when I stumble upon them so I'm finding myself debating between waiting to read it when you are finished, or checking your thread everyday to see if you've posted something new! I will probably do the latter because a) I'm too excited to sleep/wait to read what you post and b) it will help me get that much closer to our trip in October!

At least with your boss calling you while on vacation, you know your job is secure! I work for a lawyer too and while he is super smart, he can't figure out how to work the copier most of the time. :hyper:

Can't wait to read the rest!!!:3dglasses

Welcome aboard! I know all about the anxiousness of waiting on the next trip to Disney. I'm already counting down the days to our 2014 trip.

My former boss couldn't even turn on the copy machine much less take an actual copy. My current boss does a lot of his own work but he's used to me keeping clients happy.

I'm with Mama! I don't wanna vacation with SNAKES! Living with 'em is one thing, but I don't wanna vacation with them!!!!

Boo to bad food! I wanna stay at POR one day… I just love the look of the Mansions. Of course, I wanna stay in the Tianna rooms, as well! We'll see how that works out!

I hadn't looked at it that way.:lmao:

The royal rooms at POR look so pretty and I'm betting that your two girls would love them.

Oh Lisa, I have finally had time to stop over & at least start reading your new TR. You just crack me up. LOVE LOVE LOVE the family photo (and the insinuation of normalcy LOL).

Thanks for clarifying the mind boggling room changes with photos - what fun! Will try to catch up more this weekend.

Welcome! Good to see you! I did post a disclaimer....remember that when you see upcoming goofy pics.;)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of you and Hunter!!! You need to have it framed!!! The wallpaper border looks like the one I have in my bedroom and bathroom. OK, pardon the interruption........ back to reading........hehehe.

Oh thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter