• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1-26-13 Magical Western Caribbean

When is the character breakfast??

According to another post: The character breakfasts seem to take place on the days at sea. Each family has a different day either the first morning, second morning or sixth morning on our itinerary.

We don't have kids and we had a great time on our last cruise. I really loved Palo brunch so we booked it again, I didn't love the dinner though. The grape pizza is really good. :)

I was just coming on to post that I had a friend on the Dec. 15th as well. Yes, there's a character breakfast! So excited about that! I didn't know there was the tea, too.

Getting so excited. I want to start doing some packing or at least "staging" my clothes that I don't need now (like the shorts and dresses!)

:cool1:

Since this will be our first, I'm stumped a bit in the clothing area...
Will we need a lot of sweaters to wear over our outfits? I'm guessing evenings and mornings are chilly??
My boys (11 and 8) just have khaki's to wear to dinner. Will that be good enough for formal night too or should I plan to have them in the kids club or do room service that night??
Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give!!
~Jenn

Will we need a lot of sweaters to wear over our outfits? I'm guessing evenings and mornings are chilly??
My boys (11 and 8) just have khaki's to wear to dinner. Will that be good enough for formal night too or should I plan to have them in the kids club or do room service that night??
~Jenn

Khakis are okay, I saw a lot of boys and men wearing them too. I also saw some wear tuxs/suits too. Whatever works for you.

~Jenn

I am wondering if I should bring long sleeves and sweaters as well. I know that it is supposed to be warmer there than here, but by how much?

I have a link to some navigators, but it won't let me post it since I only have 6 posts. If someone can PM me, I'll send it to you to post!
~Jenn

Iluvclay,

Lots for adults only! There's an adults only pool, the Cove Cafe, Palo for brunch or dinner, the spa, Mixology classes (if you're into that sort of thing), all the clubs are for over 18 after ...9:00, I think. Check your daily Navigators for special events and activities just for adults.

My friend and I have grown children and we are cruising solo (I'm single and her husband lets her take a trip with me every year!!). You will probably be seated with adults only at dinner - they certainly try to do this.

Our first Disney cruise & we sooooo excited!!!

Bon Voyage!!!

I must say that I am going to miss out on the adult alone time experience....I have a feeling my kids will end up being with me 24/7. My mom is not that willing to help rotate the kiddos with me and I am not sure about the kids clubs yet. I went ahead and cancelled my massage :(

Printed out all my cruise documents this morning, well on the way to finishing a couple of our FE gifts and getting very excited!

Did any of you book a IGT? I just wanted to know, my mom and sister decided to join us and booked that category and was wondering what staterooms people got that booked the guarantee. I guess they were wondering what their chances of getting a port hole room were. Thanks in advance!

We are getting so excited too! My 12 year old son has already packed his bag! I've started on our FE gifts & FE holder thing. I live crafting so this will be so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter