1-26-13 Magical Western Caribbean

misslyss1 said:
Do we have a fb page?

If there is not one, I am willing to set one up if everyone is interested? I moderate a couple of facebook pages anyway. I would love the Facebook format, as it would allow us all to get to know each other better before the cruise starts!
Cheryl

Did anyone call Disney about their new "kids sail free" offer? We called our travel agent a couple days ago and got $1500 back! Amazing!! Worth a shot for anyone else sailing with kids~

Does anyone know if more spa appointments come available as it gets closer or after we board? I wasn't ready to book right at the 75 day mark, but now there is only 7am or 8pm openings for the services I want. Not a huge deal, but would be nice to get something booked now that I have it figured out better!!

One more thing...
I know there are other first timers here so have you heard that you can take on souvenirs to have signed by the characters? A lot of people take a pillowcase, picture mat or t-shirt and drop them off at guest services the first day and they are returned before the end of the cruise with character signatures all over it. Sounds amazing! I'm going to take 3 pillowcases (one for each kiddo) along with fabric markers. The kids will be thrilled to have this memory!!!
Also, for all of the "pro's" on here... please pass along any other ideas for us "newbies"!!
Thanks~
Jenn

One more thing...
I know there are other first timers here so have you heard that you can take on souvenirs to have signed by the characters? A lot of people take a pillowcase, picture mat or t-shirt and drop them off at guest services the first day and they are returned before the end of the cruise with character signatures all over it. Sounds amazing! I'm going to take 3 pillowcases (one for each kiddo) along with fabric markers. The kids will be thrilled to have this memory!!!
Also, for all of the "pro's" on here... please pass along any other ideas for us "newbies"!!
Thanks~
Jenn

I am not 100 percent sure but they may have a limit of two things per stateroom. I tried to take three things last time and was told I could only do two.

Does anyone know if more spa appointments come available as it gets closer or after we board? I wasn't ready to book right at the 75 day mark, but now there is only 7am or 8pm openings for the services I want. Not a huge deal, but would be nice to get something booked now that I have it figured out better!!

You can wait until you get onboard and check then too. They sometimes have cancelations and new openings. Also, sometimes there are onboard specials that may be cheaper if you book then.

Great info, thanks!! I think for the pillowcases I read that it can only be 1 item per person (or something like that) so hopefully since I have 3 kids they'll let me do 3. We'll see...
Good to know about the spa. I'll add it to my "things to take care of on the
1st day" list!

I, too, have heard you may get two items per cabin autographed. You can certainly try for three, but have a backup plan in case they limit you to two.

About a week or so out from the cruise, I will start leaving little surprises in 'countdowwn buckets' that I made for my kids when we went to WDW last year. Last year, I would leave things like pop rocks (for Rockin' Roller Coaster) and gold mine gum ( for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad). I aslo left llittle Disney trinkets like stickers and $ store items. I need ideas as what to leave for the cruise. We've been on cruises before but not a Disney cruise. I know I can leave the normal sunscreen, sunglasses etc.. but wanted something a little more creative. Is there something they would use a the Pirate Party?? The sail away party?? My kids are 15 and 12 but they still like checking the buckets every morning and even if they don't, I'll still do it because I like to! They know I'm a little Disney crazy so they go along with it.

Door magnet, journal, bookmark, pirate eye patch, small bubbles (to blow during the send off), etc.

I'll send more ideas if/when they come to me!!

Howdy Ya'll! We signed up later than most. DH had to wait until end of 2012 to clear vacation request for 2013. UGH! Anyhow, I think I am more excited than my kids, who just turned 5 & 7! This will be my third cruise and everyone's first cruise and DC!

After reading on here, I know there were a few who got in late on the first batch of FE gifts and wanted to see if there was anything organized for a second set. Smaller groups can sometimes be more amazing, since, after all, it is smaller. Is anyone interested?

Also, since I pretty much isolated most of the firsts to sign up, I am pretty isolated in asking this now, so I may repost this but, anyone else from the Austin area?

We are so excited to meet everyone from Ontario to NM, but it is always neat meeting your neighbors, too!

Also, I wanted to find out if anyone was interested in meeting up somewhere, maybe for coffee or somewhere else? Also, anyone on here planning on wearing a lime green ribbon or name badge? I noticed someone from one of the other threads was kind enough to post blank name badges.

Sorry if I am an overzealous newbie- I am just too excited to think about anything else between now and then!!!

I'm new to the whole DISboards and FE thing myself and kinda figured there'd be a meetup of some sort near the beginning of the cruise. You know, so we could put faces with names for the FE exchange. So, I too would like to know if something like this is planned.

Welcome! I think there have only been 3 new "add-ons" who missed the FE deadline. I'm not sure how many families we would need/want...? I'm brand new to all of this!!

Howdy Ya'll! We signed up later than most. DH had to wait until end of 2012 to clear vacation request for 2013. UGH! Anyhow, I think I am more excited than my kids, who just turned 5 & 7! This will be my third cruise and everyone's first cruise and DC!

After reading on here, I know there were a few who got in late on the first batch of FE gifts and wanted to see if there was anything organized for a second set. Smaller groups can sometimes be more amazing, since, after all, it is smaller. Is anyone interested?

Also, since I pretty much isolated most of the firsts to sign up, I am pretty isolated in asking this now, so I may repost this but, anyone else from the Austin area?

We are so excited to meet everyone from Ontario to NM, but it is always neat meeting your neighbors, too!

I am in San Antonio...almost neighbors, lol.

Also, I wanted to find out if anyone was interested in meeting up somewhere, maybe for coffee or somewhere else? Also, anyone on here planning on wearing a lime green ribbon or name badge? I noticed someone from one of the other threads was kind enough to post blank name badges.

Sorry if I am an overzealous newbie- I am just too excited to think about anything else between now and then!!!

That's a great idea, I wish that I could head that up, but right now I am not sure I will even be able to make it to the cruise...hopefully we will see you there!

I think we should have a meet up on the cruise just incase if there are any room changes or what not. Around 3 or 3:30 seems to work best because after that is the drill at 4 and then people may be getting ready for dinner afterwards. Maybe 3ish at Promenade Lounge?

That's a great idea, I wish that I could head that up, but right now I am not sure I will even be able to make it to the cruise...hopefully we will see you there!

Violet, Oh No! I hope you can make it- would love to meet you guys! Yes, Sometimes I feel like San Antone is our 2nd home with 6 flags and whatnot. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter