09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

Boy am I ready for vacation. Life is just soooo busy.

Right now we are having a sleepover for my DS's 10th birthday. We took the kids to dinner and then to the see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D:3dglasses. The kids had a great time. It's after midnight and only one of the boys has gone to bed so far. The others are still going strong.

I figured this was a good time to check the DIS.

We do not have a free day/night all week. I love the activities but boy do they catch up with you.

DS (10) - Cub Scouts; Little League Baseball (moved up to the majors this year); Spring Soccer, PREP (also referred to as CCD)

DD (5) - Tball - Wow only one activity for her right now. Last year was gymnastics, ballet, and ice skating lessons. I am thankful she only has one activity.

As for me, I am the Webelos Den Leader for scouts, the Team Mom for DS's BB team (well as of last night when the coach called and asked), Co-Chair for school fundraiser, I work full time and I am also working on my Masters Degree (when I have time to take a class)

So to say I am ready for vacation is an understatement.

I can relate to a lot of what you all are going through....DD was home sick one day this week and she is still not feeling 100%, anticipating layoffs at work, traveling a lot for kids activities, etc.

I am not trying to rush things to get to our cruise. I mean we have so many fun and exciting activities throughout the year. But I can not wait to sit back and relax. It is great knowing the kids can go to the clubs and have a great time and I will not feel quilty while I am relaxing at the Spa, pool, enjoying a cocktail. Ahhhhhh!

I will be taking some vacation time in June but that is for Webelos Resident Camp - 4 nights/5 days of camping. DS and I went last year and it was fun but exhausting. This is the roughing it type of camping. Not many of our parents are willing to take the kids to this camp. Kids would love it but the parents are not up for the 'roughing it' part. It's great fun and the best part is there are no TVs.

Well, we have to be at the baseball fields first thing in the morning for our Clean Up Day. We have to get them ready for Opening Day which is next Saturday. Then it's about three games a week through mid June.
So, I better sign off for now and get some sleep.

I usually don't have time to type things on the DIS generally just read what eveyone else is doing. But I've been wanting to tell you all a little bit about the kids and I.

Look forward to meeting you all on the cruise and seeing some of you at BCV before the cruise.

Regards, Lisa

Good morning everyone - happy Saturday!

Kelly -nice job on the newsletter.

Mike - sounds like you have a great plan in place.

Robbie - we did BCV the night before the cruise last year and really enjoyed it.

Lisa - nice to see you checking in. Hope you continue to do so from time to time.

Well the weekend is here which means house cleaning, laundry and other fun stuff. :)

Hello Everyone!

Right now we are having a sleepover for my DS's 10th birthday. We took the kids to dinner and then to the see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D:3dglasses. The kids had a great time. It's after midnight and only one of the boys has gone to bed so far. The others are still going strong.

We do not have a free day/night all week. I love the activities but boy do they catch up with you.

DS (10) - Cub Scouts; Little League Baseball (moved up to the majors this year); Spring Soccer, PREP (also referred to as CCD)

DD (5) - Tball - Wow only one activity for her right now. Last year was gymnastics, ballet, and ice skating lessons. I am thankful she only has one activity.

As for me, I am the Webelos Den Leader for scouts, the Team Mom for DS's BB team (well as of last night when the coach called and asked), Co-Chair for school fundraiser, I work full time and I am also working on my Masters Degree (when I have time to take a class)

I can relate to a lot of what you all are going through....DD was home sick one day this week and she is still not feeling 100%, anticipating layoffs at work, traveling a lot for kids activities, etc.

I am not trying to rush things to get to our cruise. I mean we have so many fun and exciting activities throughout the year. But I can not wait to sit back and relax. It is great knowing the kids can go to the clubs and have a great time and I will not feel quilty while I am relaxing at the Spa, pool, enjoying a cocktail. Ahhhhhh!

I will be taking some vacation time in June but that is for Webelos Resident Camp - 4 nights/5 days of camping. DS and I went last year and it was fun but exhausting. This is the roughing it type of camping. Not many of our parents are willing to take the kids to this camp. Kids would love it but the parents are not up for the 'roughing it' part. It's great fun and the best part is there are no TVs.

Well, we have to be at the baseball fields first thing in the morning for our Clean Up Day. We have to get them ready for Opening Day which is next Saturday. Then it's about three games a week through mid June.

I usually don't have time to type things on the DIS generally just read what eveyone else is doing. But I've been wanting to tell you all a little bit about the kids and I.

Look forward to meeting you all on the cruise and seeing some of you at BCV before the cruise.

Regards, Lisa

Wow Lisa,

You sure are going to need to relax! But in the same time it is so much fun doing things with the kids.

What time did the kids finally go to slep last night?

I remember the little league days. They are so much fun. The field days! I always wished more parents would get involved.

Glad you were abel to stop in and let us know what is going on your life. See you soon.

take care
flo
:surfweb:

Happy Saturday everyone!

Does any one have any plans?

We are going to a baseball game. ;) My DS’s college baseball team is playing a Benedictine University in IL. We so much miss watching baseball we are going to go watch them play. It is going to be cold but I am excited.

We are supposed to get snow here some time in the evening mixed with rain (so much fun). It could be up to 5 inches. I so want it to go away.

Oh well you live in the Midwest you lean this is nothing new at the end of March.

Hope everyone has a good day no matter what they are doing.

Take care
Flo

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.
If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.
Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.
If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

So far there are 21 cabins.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
ravross
rbcheek
cquick
cathyn
Beastly
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter and Husband)
Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2

flo

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Well, just to let you know, I am feeling much better today. I did go to work yesterday and did fine. Just tired. So, I must be on the road to recovery! But for three days, ughhhh, I was miserable. Thanks for all the good wishes!

Well, today I have to go in to work too. We usually don't work weekends but today is National Passport Day so my boss wanted to be open to allow people who can't come in during the week an opportunity to apply for Passports today. She asked for volunteers, which there are only four of us in the office, and I was the only one who volunteered. Since we are salary I can't get over time, which is ok, because she said she would give me comp time. Which, hey, 5 hours off of a normal week day when I need to do something with the kids and not have to use vacation or personal time, why not. Especially when Brooke starts softball this year, her games are played during the day so I will need the time off to go to them.

Mary & Flo - hope the snow coming your way isn't too heavy. It is staying south and east of us. :cool1: But watching the news this morning it looks like you are going to get hit. Hopefully it won't stay around too long. Stay safe!

Have a great day! :flower3:

Robbie,

Good Luck hope you get it. We will be right across at the Boardwalk. I am told all we have to do is walk to BCV.

Have a good evening.

take care
flo

Yes, you will be able to just walk over to BCV from BWV. I did it last December a couple of times and it is a nice walk.

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Well, just to let you know, I am feeling much better today. I did go to work yesterday and did fine. Just tired. So, I must be on the road to recovery! But for three days, ughhhh, I was miserable. Thanks for all the good wishes!

Well, today I have to go in to work too. We usually don't work weekends but today is National Passport Day so my boss wanted to be open to allow people who can't come in during the week an opportunity to apply for Passports today. She asked for volunteers, which there are only four of us in the office, and I was the only one who volunteered. Since we are salary I can't get over time, which is ok, because she said she would give me comp time. Which, hey, 5 hours off of a normal week day when I need to do something with the kids and not have to use vacation or personal time, why not. Especially when Brooke starts softball this year, her games are played during the day so I will need the time off to go to them.

Mary & Flo - hope the snow coming your way isn't too heavy. It is staying south and east of us. :cool1: But watching the news this morning it looks like you are going to get hit. Hopefully it won't stay around too long. Stay safe!

Have a great day! :flower3:

Chris,

Glad you are feeling better.

Did you get to see the play?

I do agree with you comp time is good to.

Hope the snow does stay away from you.:wizard:

take care and have a great day.

flo

For me, I need to run some errands this morning and then make sure I get laundry done this afternoon. I also should pick up the house, but we'll see if that really happens. :rotfl2: Tomorrow, I need to pack for a business trip this coming week and then if I get enough done, go visit my mother. My trip is out to the National Space Symposium in Colorado Springs. I'll be out there until Friday and will probably be going through DIS and FB withdrawal since I think that I will be way too busy to be able to log on.

Mary & Flo, I will wave to you from O'Hare since I am flying through O'Hare for both flights.

Well, I called MS this morning I was able to move over to BCV for the night before the cruise. This way we will be closer to the Saturday meet. Plus maybe I will actually get to Jellyrolls.

For me, I need to run some errands this morning and then make sure I get laundry done this afternoon. I also should pick up the house, but we'll see if that really happens. :rotfl2: Tomorrow, I need to pack for a business trip this coming week and then if I get enough done, go visit my mother. My trip is out to the National Space Symposium in Colorado Springs. I'll be out there until Friday and will probably be going through DIS and FB withdrawal since I think that I will be way too busy to be able to log on.

Mary & Flo, I will wave to you from O'Hare since I am flying through O'Hare for both flights.

Robbie,

Have a safe trip! What time will I be seeing the way?

take care
flo

Well, I called MS this morning I was able to move over to BCV for the night before the cruise. This way we will be closer to the Saturday meet. Plus maybe I will actually get to Jellyrolls.

Glad you were able to do the change

take care
flo

Ok I lasted all of an hour at the baseball game. It is soooo cold. The wind was wipping around. It was about 25MPH. I saw the kids the parents said hi and I am out of here and will see you at a game were it is warmer

Hope everyone is enjoyung there day.

take care
flo

Hi everyone! I am thinking about calling MS tomorrow morning and seeing if BCV is available for the night before the cruise. Sandi & I are currently booked at AKV Kidani. But since I am at Kidani in December, I am thinking about switching to BCV so there we will be close to the pre-cruise meet on Saturday.

We will also be there before the cruise. Congrats on getting it.

Hello Everyone!

Regards, Lisa

I remember those days Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Mothers Club, dance school, karate, scoccer, It was alot of fun, But I know I can not keep that pace today. Sometimes I wish I was still doing it. And then I think again ...what am I crazy:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.
If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.
Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.
If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

So far there are 21 cabins.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan

donald is #1
bsusanmb
ravross
rbcheek
cquick
cathyn
Beastly
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter and Husband)
Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2

flo

Wow thats great, I better start working a little harder. I am only prepared for a total of 22 cabins so far,,,Must make more..........oops can't say suprise.:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Glad you were able to do the change

take care
flo

I think on Monday, that I will be landing at O'hare at about 8:15 or so. On Friday, I will probably be there around noon.

Wow thats great, I better start working a little harder. I am only prepared for a total of 22 cabins so far,,,Must make more..........oops can't say suprise.:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hmmm, I'm getting curious. :goodvibes I still need to figure out mine. I am debating between 2 different things.

Not doing much here today. Mike has to work from 1-11. It's just the kids and me at home. Nick was dx with strep yesterday, and while he doesn't feel horrible, I'd just as soon not run around. Give him time to rest up a bit.

Getting ready to go listen for some sonic booms in about 10 minutes. :) They will be our first ones!

Dianne,

I am prepared for 24! SO I have to start to think for more to. Not even sure I can do what I have done any more. I have to check.:rolleyes1

take care
flo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter