“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

You have me worried about the AC thing...sigh...
I seriously hope it isn't an issue and that it was just our room at POR.

I love your tank top in those pictures...so pretty!!
:thanks:

I'm glad you decided to go with the break...I'm a big believer in them!! Even with my DD who is almost 10, I plan on taking breaks on any of our days that we do RD at the parks...otherwise...I just don't think we'll enjoy the nights as much!
We are somewhat the same way.

Who needed the nap more... Little Miss? Or the parents?
Mostly DH and Little MIss. However I did have to rest my feet as well.

Just a heads up (although little Miss has already noticed.) but there's some weird, green chick checking out your DH.
Must be the tiara on his head.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

If you hadn't stopped to ride It's a Small Mexico, you could've been home by then.
How could you skip Small Mexico with a little in tow though?!?

:scratchin

Jungle Cruise.
:scratchin

Only tip I have heard for the A/C is get a balloon and cut off the weight at the bottom and it moving around could help the sensor....

I'm worried about this as I hate being warm at night same for DH. It wasn't a problem in my last trip, but I'll see about it on this upcoming trip.
I'm hoping it was just the room we were in at POR. We are bringing our fan with us this trip hoping it helpss since we are so used to having it.

Yahooo!!!:jumping1::dancer:
:hyper:

Kim Kardashian?
Why not. She's everywhere.
:rolleyes2

Everything is Awesome!

I am still semi trying to get DH to agree to a Disney trip for just him and me for our anniversary, he still hasn't agreed. I'm still hoping...
Gotta love Disney math when staying on property and getting the dining plan saves you about $150 in food costs. That's how I convinced DH with it. (You can't get the dining plan without at least one day in the parks.)

:rainbow: Woo hoo! It is great you get to go to WDW while there for the wedding.
I think Little Miss will love the values. I toured movies one time with my DD was 6. She loved it. She was really into 101 Dalmations at the time. We were staying at CSR.

As someone else said. We could have saved the money and stayed at values when the kids were little. They love the theming and since they are smaller the smaller room wouldn't be as cramped
It will be an interesting test. DH and I aren't thrilled with Double beds. (We generally try to stick to queen.) But if compromising here means I get a taste of Magic Kingdom for a day then I can deal with a Double bed for 3 nights.

Gotta love Disney math when staying on property and getting the dining plan saves you about $150 in food costs. That's how I convinced DH with it. (You can't get the dining plan without at least one day in the parks.)

I just used Disney Math to get the Play Stay and Dine deal for our trip in January, well the on property piece. We now have regular dining, 9 day tickets and 4 nights at CBR. It saved us $365 for the 5 of us, which is nice. Of course if I hadn't booked 4 sit down meals before play, stay and dine came out well we won't mention that piece to my husband (though to be fair it is partially his fault he wanted Chef Mickey for both dinner and breakfast).

How could you skip Small Mexico with a little in tow though?!?

Point vaguely in the direction of SE and say "Is that Anna and Elsa over there?"
When you get there (seconds later after being dragged by Little Miss), admit you were wrong and keep going to the busses.

See you picked the POP too! I am heading there for the first time in a few weeks, let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for anything specific for you.

A Magic Kingdom Mother’s Day Dinner (5/10/15 Part 3)

So after our nap we got freshened up and hopped on a bus and made our way to the Magic Kingdom for our evening fun. Orginally we had FPs for the Mine Train that ended at 7pm but we didn’t pull into the Magic Kingdom till 6:30pm and decided that while we could possibly make it, neither of us felt that another round on it was a must do enough to push to get back there and we decided to change it to something else. While we were deciding what that was going to be Little Miss started asking to see Tinkerbelle ( How she knew Tink was there is beyond me because Neither DH nor I said anything about it) since she only had about a 20 minute wait and a quick look seemed like there were no Tink FPs to be had we got in line and tried making FPs for Whinnie the Pooh.

20150510_184043_zpsyxxwvvtm.jpg

20150510_185555_zpsuequxbme.jpg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304675135_zpsrdk3qexg.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304676512_zpsv7nsumhu.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304676513_zpsxpb9kh2s.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304676515_zpswmhnvnbd.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304676516_zpsbpspxdhq.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304678084_zpspoqeggfv.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304678085_zps2drde7sd.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304678086_zpswbns7fhs.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304678087_zps1cxcylzl.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304678089_zpsp6bcmzsc.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304675137_zpstvft23jy.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304676517_zpsfmjaspsf.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304675139_zpsejegdij3.jpeg

After saying goodbye to Tinkerbelle we went back out and got our stroller and meandered our way up Main Street.

20150510_190641_zpsitkcklls.jpg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304684060_zpslrjqgjuz.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304684061_zpsk5gcp3cr.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304684063_zpsrxxrbr9q.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304684064_zpsmzve1grg.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304684062_zpsgz7pmusj.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304690411_zps9nqiycou.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7318310343_zpsh1vnckiy.jpeg

As we got around the Hub area we realized that if we were to go all the way back to Winnie the Pooh we would end up having to back track quickly all the way back to get to our ADR on time. We really just didn’t feel like doing that so we went ahead and checked in for our dinner at The Plaza.

(Continued in next Post)

20150510_192916_zpsributosk.jpg

20150510_192938_zpss6tjikw1.jpg

20150510_192944_zps59ecwox4.jpg

20150510_193700_zps9fqm50bo.jpg

20150510_201900_zpssuazyq6l.jpg

20150510_201917_zpsexvjbxgk.jpg

We had burgers and Little Miss a Grill Cheese. And while I wouldn’t go as far as saying the burgers themselves were stellar they were good and the Ice Cream Sundaes were very delicious. Our one regret of the meal was forgetting to get our server’s name because she was absolutely AMAZING! (We did leave her one of our special thank you notes) She even helped us pace our dinner nicely so as to have a relaxed meal while still being sure that we could get to our next FP on time. And as she dropped the check she even went as far as making sure we knew how to get there. For $68.29 Including Tax and an extremely generous (Over 20%) tip for great service we would happily return. In fact, it’s on the short list for next time.

***Bonus Time! ***

Which Princess Dress does Little Miss put on and insist on wearing the rest of the night?

Trip Report Game Points

@NJlauren – 3pts; MK, Stop for PP, first full answer

@afwdwfan – 2pts, MK, Walk under station

@chunkymonkey 1pt – MK,

@Dugette 1pt – MK

@annie170 1 pt - MK

@pkondz 1pt - mk

Totals:

Dugette – 24

Afwdwfan – 24

Cajunfan – 22

Princessesandpascal – 19

annie170 – 19

NJLauren - 13

Vleeth – 11

BibbitybobityLu – 11

Pkondz – 11

BlvInMagic – 9

Kadrachb – 7

Loves The Mouse – 6

ashw100 – 5

Mdsouth – 4

Chunkymonkey – 2

The Plaza! This is on my list of restaurants to try. I can't ever really eating at any TS restaurants in MK except for Be Our Guest we have always done more QS in Mk for whatever reason.

I love how little miss seems to be loving all the characters, such a fun trip! She is going to LOVE going back in a few months!

Indeed we did! :thumbsup2 My main worry would be the a/c thing and I am curious if they do the automatic check in like POR does.

I will take note of both! I am worried about the a/c as well so i will notice that one for sure! My last experience with automatic check in wasn't so good, so hoping its better here! Let me know if you think of anything else :D

Looks like visiting Tink was a good change in plans...Little Miss looks pretty happy!

Nice Photopass pics on Main Street. Cute magic shots!

We've never been to the Plaza, but sounds good (and the ice cream looks delicious!)

I'll guess Belle for the princess dress.

It is funny sometimes when the kids seem to know about things that you aren't quite sure how they know about that ... I guess just chock it up to Disney Magic and Pixie Dust. Seemed like a good result though as the pictures make it seem like she had a fun meet with Tink

Those are some nice family pictures from Main St! Also so fun Magic Shots :thumbsup2

Looks like a nice meal at the Plaza. We tend to forget about that as an option - and compared to counter service prices it really isn't that much more to eat there and sounds like a much more pleasant experience.

I think your Little Miss has some of the sweetest character interactions! It just makes it all worth it.

Those are great photopass pics, too. I love when the photographer takes his or her time to get some good ones instead of rushing through.

I love the vegetarian sandwich and the cheese steak at the Plaza. For a couple dollars more than counter service, it's a great place to sit in air conditioning and enjoy your meal. You can also get a nice view of the castle. That little Mickey sundae is pretty cute!

I'll guess that your little sweetie wore a Cinderella dress. That was my granddaughter's first Disney dress, so I'll go with that.

Psssssstttt............ Guess who just talked Dh into staying on property and adding a day in the parks to our trip down for the wedding we have to go to!
That is great news!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

As we got around the Hub area we realized that if we were to go all the way back to Winnie the Pooh we would end up having to back track quickly all the way back to get to our ADR on time. We really just didn’t feel like doing that so we went ahead and checked in for our dinner at The Plaza.
Too bad you weren't able to use the ADR, but it seems like you had a great time exploring Main Street and getting some PP pictures on the way in.

We had burgers and Little Miss a Grill Cheese. And while I wouldn’t go as far as saying the burgers themselves were stellar they were good and the Ice Cream Sundaes were very delicious. Our one regret of the meal was forgetting to get our server’s name because she was absolutely AMAZING! (We did leave her one of our special thank you notes) She even helped us pace our dinner nicely so as to have a relaxed meal while still being sure that we could get to our next FP on time. And as she dropped the check she even went as far as making sure we knew how to get there. For $68.29 Including Tax and an extremely generous (Over 20%) tip for great service we would happily return. In fact, it’s on the short list for next time.
Sounds great! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. I want to get there sometime, but it just isn't a place that we've gotten around to visiting yet. I always go to the ice cream parlor there though just to get a sundae. And it is always nice to have some good Disney service!

Which Princess Dress does Little Miss put on and insist on wearing the rest of the night?
Well, the meet makes me want to say Tink. But Tink isn't a princess... so we'll go with Cinderella.

While we were deciding what that was going to be Little Miss started asking to see Tinkerbelle ( How she knew Tink was there is beyond me because Neither DH nor I said anything about it)

Had you taken her there before?
I know there's a sign out front for the M&G, can she read yet?
Or maybe there's a Tink graphic on the sign?

Now this is not a knock on Little Miss at all, but Tink looks like she's thinking:
"I just got peed on!"

Okay. Now that's just perfect.
You weren't kidding when you said (long time ago) that you had so many great shots of her!

Good plan. Sometimes you have to weigh the effort to the reward.

Did she eat all of that?!?!?

Our one regret of the meal was forgetting to get our server’s name because she was absolutely AMAZING!

That's great! So nice when you get a server who's really on their game.

She even helped us pace our dinner nicely so as to have a relaxed meal while still being sure that we could get to our next FP on time. And as she dropped the check she even went as far as making sure we knew how to get there.

Nice.

we would happily return. In fact, it’s on the short list for next time.

I've yet to even set foot in there.
So many restaurants... so little time.

Belle.

Oh m goodness, that ice cream looks so delicious! Great pics of you guys on Main Street; I love the magic shots too -- they are perfect. I'm going to guess Little Miss wanted to wear her Tinker Bell dress after that awesome encounter :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter