“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

This may just be part of Elsa’s personality as a whole but we kind of found Elsa a little…. not dull exactly… Flat maybe:confused3. She was nice but not very chatty, and was very much in the love and shove mood. Just closed off is the best way I can think to describe her. Anna was for sure the better of the two meets hands down.
Every time we've met them, Elsa has been lackluster vs. Anna. It's got to be the character - she is the cold one, after all. Looks like you had fun meets, though. Cute pictures!

What Ride did we go to next?
It's a Small World

How Many More PhotoPass Stops do we make before we leave?
Two

Great photos of the interactions!

I am going to guess Peter Pan and say 2 more Photopass.

That's such a bummer about Elsa's meet and greet. It would be great if she was a warmer character to interact with, because - after all - she became "warmer" at the end of the move! :)

I'm going to guess Winnie the Pooh for your next ride and 1 more Photopass picture before you leave, in front of the castle :)

No correct answers so far, so all points are still fair game. I'll leave you with a hint to "HURRY BACK" and guess again! :thumbsup2

Every time we've met them, Elsa has been lackluster vs. Anna. It's got to be the character - she is the cold one, after all. Looks like you had fun meets, though. Cute pictures!
They were fun enough. Won't be in a hurry to waste a FP on them for march though.

It's a Small World
:rolleyes1

Great photos of the interactions!
:thanks:

I am going to guess Peter Pan and say 2 more Photopass.

hat's such a bummer about Elsa's meet and greet. It would be great if she was a warmer character to interact with, because - after all - she became "warmer" at the end of the move! :)
::yes:: EXACTLY my thoughts!!! :thumbsup2

I'm going to guess Winnie the Pooh for your next ride and 1 more Photopass picture before you leave, in front of the castle :)
:scratchin

Fireworks and Happy Haunts (5/10/15 Part 5)

After our spin on the carousel we made our long way BACK around the castle for our last FP of the evening. This is one I was looking forward to for most of the trip! We got over to the Wishes FPs viewing area and found a good place to sit. We weren’t sitting long when a CM came over to us and made us stand.

20150510_212334_zpsz5b0ukre.jpg

20150510_212637_zpsaiwp6xbr.jpg

Soon the projection show was starting. We have no pictures from the projection show or the fireworks because I just wanted to soak in the magic and be in the moment on Mother’s day. We did have one instance where DH had for some reason to stand behind the stroller and moved it back a little. This allowed room for a mom to bring her kids (probably in the 8-10 year old range) up and into an area where people weren’t supposed to stand and I missed a good portion of the projection show protecting Little Miss from being shoved off the rail by the kid who kept pushing us. I finally turned around between the shows and somewhat loudly asked DH why he moved the stroller back and wasn’t standing with us and because he did I ended up missing some of the show due to protecting Little Miss. Thankfully DH clued in and the Mom figured out what was going on and corrected her kid. We had no other instances while in the fireworks viewing.

That said. I booked it because at first it was advertised as a reserved spot away from the pushing and shoving where you can casually sit on the ground and enjoy the show. While the view is nice, being forced to stand and then still dealing with late arrival fools shoving themselves where they want it just isn’t worth it. I don’t see us wasting FPs on that again.

As the fireworks were ending it became apparent to DH and I that we would need to get to the Baby care center to change Little Miss once things were done. It became quite the challenge cutting sideways across the multitude of seas of people.

We quickly figured out that the ONLY way this was going to happen would be to put DH on my left side holding little Miss while I used the stroller aggressively and forcibly blocked a step. This method while it worked took us a good 5-10 minutes to get from the Plaza Gardens FP area to the Gardens closer to Crystal Palace. Thankfully once we got to that side we caught the eye of a CM who had one of those light up traffic directing wand thingys (whatever they are called:confused3) who helped us clear the rest of the way. We felt quite victorious once we made to where we needed to be. And I lost count of the number of times I loudly repeated “Excuse me! Sorry! Trying to get to the Baby center and this is the only way” I know we ticked quite a few people off in the process but many got a look of understanding once I threw out the explanation.

Once pull ups were changed we came out and traffic while still a tad congested had cleared enough for us to make our way over to Haunted Mansion. I was a little Leary of taking Little Miss on this one because it would be her first time and the mansion can look pretty creepy at night.

20150510_223622_zpscupoltgf.jpg

It was walk on and slowly made our way around the interactive grave yard part of the queue. When we got to the pre-show room there were only a few people in there with us and they were in the college age and having fun with the scare factor. Because it was just us I did alert the girls that we had a little on her first time in tow and to be careful not to go overboard. They were very sweet and agreed and then chatted with Little Miss until the pre-show started. Once the lights went out I just had to laugh. Little Miss’s only reaction was a very cute “Uh-Oh” She actually really seemed to enjoy it.

By the time we got out we didn’t have much time before the second parade and we decided that we would go ahead and find a good place. With Liberty Square EPMTY we decided we would find a good spot on the wall and sit.

20150510_225619_zps4h28lvt2.jpg

20150510_230838_zpsechraw1p.jpg

Soon a CM came over and chatted with us pretty much until the start of the parade. She also told us that we were in one of her favorite places to watch the parade from. Soon the parade started and with only a hand full of other in Liberty Square the CM took down the rope so it wouldn’t be in the way and we were able to stay seated and allow Little Miss to dance around and enjoy it. She got TONS of attention. Being one of very few small children there along with her enthusiastic dancing attracted the eye of many of the performers. The White Rabbit even approached her and gave her a bow. She was Thrilled. I snapped away with the pictures and had a TON to sort through when we got home but I did end up with some good ones. Keep in mind also that these photos were taken with my phone.

20150510_231254_zpstgi8xnpe.jpg

20150510_231330_zpsrwvn2z5p.jpg

20150510_231524_LLS_zpswa5yfoft.jpg

20150510_231634_zpsrsbtqog0.jpg

20150510_231903_zpso6p5fd2m.jpg

20150510_232207_zps53c850is.jpg

20150510_232423_zpsbtb7dsd9.jpg

20150510_232447_zpsum7ycpzt.jpg

20150510_232500_zps3h8xn006.jpg

20150510_232600_zpsckrckxcq.jpg

After the parade we sat on the wall a little longer and allowed the crowds to thin out some more. We then decided we would slowly PhotoPass our way out of the park after a magical night. By the time we made it near main street things were pretty empty.

20150510_234443_zps1xouvlam.jpg

(Continued in next post)

MK_MSBRCART_7304924152_zpstkfe1ynt.jpeg

MK_MSBRCART_7304925289_zps9rzc85dl.jpeg

MK_MSFIRSTA_7304923223_zpsgs9l5sjf.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304927327_zpskkwhou83.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304927328_zps5p6bgttc.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304927329_zpscmtxw7nw.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304926840_zpsbthuqbez.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304926842_zpsnenocus4.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304926844_zpsgnkpghaq.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304926846_zps90o3fsyu.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_7304926848_zpsc4cehzv0.jpeg

MK_MSCINEMA_7304927811_zpsdurhtq6l.jpeg

MK_MSCINEMA_7304927813_zpsdeaestbg.jpeg

20150510_235345_zpsqlzd5pmj.jpg

By the time that we made it out of the main gate of the Park it was after 12am. All of the bus depots had been condensed down and we ended up on an almost empty bus. It was then that we decided that THAT was the way to exit the parks at night. It was a truly magical way to end a day and it made for an absolute dream of a Mother’s Day.

What an amazing day! Aside from the FP at wishes, I honestly think people just have little to no consideration for others, when they are on vacation the world revolves around them and they forget common manners.....

I love when the park starts to empty and you can walk around with less people and really take it all in! It's hard to do that every night with a little one but little miss seems to be a trooper!!!

Trip Report Game Points

@Dugette – 10pts; HM, 5 (Because you said Zero or 5 I’m giving you the points!), bonus for only full answer

@chunkymonkey – 6pts; HM, 4

@BlvInMagic - 3pts; HM,

Totals:

Dugette – 34

Afwdwfan – 24

Cajunfan – 22

Princessesandpascal – 19

annie170 – 19

NJLauren - 13

BlvInMagic – 12

Vleeth – 11

BibbitybobityLu – 11

Pkondz – 11

Chunkymonkey – 10

Kadrachb – 7

Loves The Mouse – 6

ashw100 – 5

Mdsouth – 4

Looks Like I forgot to add Bonus Questions to the end of the post!

Bonus Questions:

1. Which Park do we go to first?

2. What's our First ride?

3. What time did we get to the park?

What an amazing day!
It really was!

Aside from the FP at wishes, I honestly think people just have little to no consideration for others, when they are on vacation the world revolves around them and they forget common manners.....
To be fair most of the shoving was done by the child and as soon as the mom clued in (It took a while) she removed that child from the railing and corrected her firmly.

I love when the park starts to empty and you can walk around with less people and really take it all in! It's hard to do that every night with a little one but little miss seems to be a trooper!!!
It's our favorite way to get out of the parks now. It helps that Little MIss is quite the night owl. She has little issues staying up that late. Of course we didn't rope drop this day either.

That said. I booked it because at first it was advertised as a reserved spot away from the pushing and shoving where you can casually sit on the ground and enjoy the show. While the view is nice, being forced to stand and then still dealing with late arrival fools shoving themselves where they want it just isn’t worth it. I don’t see us wasting FPs on that again.
Thanks... I've heard this before and this just kind of confirms my lack of desire to book FP+ for Wishes. It seems like an awesome area, but I hate the idea of using the FP if I'm still going to have to get there early and stand around. There's other places to see the fireworks...

And I lost count of the number of times I loudly repeated “Excuse me! Sorry! Trying to get to the Baby center and this is the only way” I know we ticked quite a few people off in the process but many got a look of understanding once I threw out the explanation.
I totally understand. That area is just a huge bottleneck. I remember going through there a few years ago with BiL leading the way, me holding the stroller up in the air over my head and my dad and DW carrying the kids.

Once the lights went out I just had to laugh. Little Miss’s only reaction was a very cute “Uh-Oh” She actually really seemed to enjoy it.
I'm glad it worked out ok!

With Liberty Square EPMTY we decided we would find a good spot on the wall and sit.
Wow. Where did everybody go???

Soon the parade started and with only a hand full of other in Liberty Square the CM took down the rope so it wouldn’t be in the way and we were able to stay seated and allow Little Miss to dance around and enjoy it. She got TONS of attention. Being one of very few small children there along with her enthusiastic dancing attracted the eye of many of the performers.
That is awesome!

After the parade we sat on the wall a little longer and allowed the crowds to thin out some more.
Thin out? Seriously?

By the time that we made it out of the main gate of the Park it was after 12am. All of the bus depots had been condensed down and we ended up on an almost empty bus. It was then that we decided that THAT was the way to exit the parks at night. It was a truly magical way to end a day and it made for an absolute dream of a Mother’s Day.
That is a great way to end the night. Great pictures on Main Street. I'm glad that Little Miss was still awake and appeared to be happy. Not often you get night time pictures of a little one dancing in Main Street without a stampede bearing down on them.

Woohoo I'm moving up in the rankings! :yay:

What a fun night! Was Little Miss tired at all? She's such a trooper. I've never done FP+ for Wishes - I wasn't sure if it would be worth it, but it sounds like it isn't. Maybe for a really crowded park day...

Glad you were able to avoid the crowds at the end of the night. What a lovely mother's day! Love the PP pics! How many did you end up taking?

Bonus Questions:

1. Which Park do we go to first?

Animal Kingdom

2. What's our First ride?

The Safari (because that is usually our first ride too!)

3. What time did we get to the park?

10-10:15am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter