ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised that the last two weeks of August are currently left out of any Disney discount promotions. :scratchin Bounceback sales from last August must have been pretty darn substantial.

While I am not personally unhappy about it (again, always the hope for lower crowds :rolleyes1 ... and we are staying offsite, so it wasn't an issue for us either way) I hope that none of my comrades here on the August thread are negatively impacted as a result. While I am sure no one may have conclusively expected free dining, I could definitely understand that some folks may have been hoping for something in the way of a discount to bring down their overall cost.

We went in September last year with free dining and the crowds were way minimal. It was SO nice. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm wondering the opposite? That they had such a substantial amount of bookings with bounce back and whatever else, that they don't need a discount to try and bulk up this time. Isn't filling up slower times the reasoning behind discounts?

I'm also wondering if/how releases of these discounts impact crowd predictions. Do sites like easywdw update their numbers for this? Does it make that big if an impact?

Very surprised that the last two weeks of August are currently left out of any Disney discount promotions. :scratchin Bounceback sales from last August must have been pretty darn substantial.
I agree that the free dining bounceback must have been substantial enough for them to skip a public offering this time around. However, I think it would be extremely unusual if they did not extend at least a room-only discount through the end of August. We could potentially see that type of offer in May or in June after the current offer expires.

I bet we are seeing Disney's gradual exit from the free dining promotion...

This falls in line with whats been happening this year and what Disney said they were going to do. Discounts are changing, getting smaller, and being offered later. There's no doubt in my mind that there will be a late summer offer of something, but what it will be is anyones guess. And I am so glad I didn't wait to see what they would offer because I'd be climbing the walls by now:rotfl:

Thank you for all the suggestions for misters. I am definitely going to buy smaller and lighter ones for this trip!

ETA.. ACK.. I just read back a page. Now that is interesting!! Starting in September?? Makes sense but I know it's very disappointing for many. And honestly we've been going the last week of August for years now and last year it was much busier than years previous so you're right, maybe they just didn't need the bookings.
I think there will still be a room only code but I guess we'll have to see.

For those of you that booked with the Yacht Club please check out Magical Vacations travel if you haven't. They get group rates on blocks of rooms and I know they have Yacht Club available for the end of August. I originally had Beach Club booked with them but cancelled (it's sold out now.. they only get certain rooms at certain resorts). Anyway.. the rate on a Standard room worked out to like $130 a night or so. It's a HUGE savings.

On another note..
I was wondering. Do any of you have the personal misting fans? Do you like them and what brand or model do you recommend? We bought some once but they were huge, leaky and bulky so they were a waste. If someone has a recommendation for something smaller that works well, I'd love to hear it:)

Do you know how long it takes *** to respond to a quote request? Just curious. Patiently waiting. Can you do the dining plan thru them also?

Do you know how long it takes *** to respond to a quote request? Just curious. Patiently waiting. Can you do the dining plan thru them also?

We also took advantage of the August YC deal. However it specifically said that you could not add the dining plan. I guess because of the already huge savings. In terms of how long it took them to get back to us, they were pretty quick. Within the day for us. Good luck & I hope it works out for you.

Sorry if I had my numbers wrong guys. I've had a few reservations and I confused which price was which. I just looked up what *** Beach Club was going to cost... it was $190 per night. I still had the email saved. Sorry if I got everyone too excited. Still it was $1330 for 7 nights at the Beach Club which is somewhere around 50% off. It's an excellent rate but you can't book the DDP with them.

I believe I got my quote within a few hours because we had used them once before so I just went through my agent directly.

We got a pretty good discount through the military, so I'm hoping this just means smaller crowds!

DH brought up today how DS won't remember this trip, so he's (basically) agreed to another trip in 2015! :cool1: He doesn't want to make our annual vacation strictly Disney :confused3 but he's okay with going again if they're still offering military perks before he gets out.

I heard from Michele within about a day. When I spoke with her today she did say that they have been super busy responding to requests on this deal. And no dining plan available with this package.

Oh, and check your junk/spam folder, just in case.

We got a pretty good discount through the military, so I'm hoping this just means smaller crowds!

DH brought up today how DS won't remember this trip, so he's (basically) agreed to another trip in 2015! :cool1: He doesn't want to make our annual vacation strictly Disney :confused3 but he's okay with going again if they're still offering military perks before he gets out.

Good work.. you have him thinking about the next trip before the first trip:thumbsup2:rotfl:

However, I bet you when you get back you'll be planning a trip for next year within 90 days. We went for our first and only family trip to Disney in 2008. That was 8 trips ago:rolleyes1

I still have yet to hear from them if that means anything...and I thought the August deal did have the dining plan included? But maybe I was wrong...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Not sure who has been following the discount threads or the facebook page but I think part of the reason for no FD discount in late August is due to two events happening at WDW during the last two weekends.

August 23rd-25th there is a martial arts competition at WWoS. August 30-Sept 1 there is a Mustang convention that is staying at Coronado Springs.

My guess is that the week leading up to each of those events probably has enough people to keep the rooms partially filled so the need for a promotion isn't really needed. That plus the BB offer and those that were expecting FD for the last week of August probably has filled the need already.

Now that the promotion has been announced I'm curious as to how many folks will cancel knowing that they aren't getting a discount. This may cause Disney to add back in a RO discount (for select days of course) that starts after the existing RO discount ends.

With school starting and it typically being a slow season I would expect *something* but I'm not holding my breath.

Just for giggles I sent off a request to *** for a YC quote. We'll see what they come back with and how it compares to what we have booked direct. I think that the value room will still come back cheaper, but the upgrade might be worth it. :confused3 We'll see.

Not sure who has been following the discount threads or the facebook page but I think part of the reason for no FD discount in late August is due to two events happening at WDW during the last two weekends.

August 23rd-25th there is a martial arts competition at WWoS. August 30-Sept 1 there is a Mustang convention that is staying at Coronado Springs.

My guess is that the week leading up to each of those events probably has enough people to keep the rooms partially filled so the need for a promotion isn't really needed. That plus the BB offer and those that were expecting FD for the last week of August probably has filled the need already.

Now that the promotion has been announced I'm curious as to how many folks will cancel knowing that they aren't getting a discount. This may cause Disney to add back in a RO discount (for select days of course) that starts after the existing RO discount ends.

With school starting and it typically being a slow season I would expect *something* but I'm not holding my breath.

Just for giggles I sent off a request to *** for a YC quote. We'll see what they come back with and how it compares to what we have booked direct. I think that the value room will still come back cheaper, but the upgrade might be worth it. :confused3 We'll see.

They may have the bookings they need with bouncebacks etc but those two events would not be enough. You have to figure that will fill two hotels.. if that when they have 24 hotels to fill. I think that the bookings for September were lower so they decided to offer free dining (way later than ever before) for that month but honestly this just falls in line with what they've been saying in their major economic statements. They said they were scaling back on the discounts because their economy has recovered. The discount structure took a radical departure from the past 4 or 5 years this year. They're offering them later, with more restrictions and with lower percentages off.

We've gone for the last week of August four years now. It's been steadily busier each year with last year being noticeably busier. I think the 2 major events may come in to play but it's all part of a larger picture.
I still think *something* will come out for this time frame because there is NO way that the last week of August is as busy as the rest of the summer by far. I'm predicting a room only discount though.

On our first family trip my husband said that was it...once in a lifetime. Then we had another kiddo so we had to take him. Then I talked him into one more trip since he's free till he's three! It's a downward slope from here I'm sure! :lmao: He'll drink the punch once he's at Disney and sees the kids reactions! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter