ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Koh1977!
Yep, I meant the Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom game (oops). My girls will maybe be too old for it (13, 10 & just-9) but then again maybe it will put a new spin on things. We'll see, I guess. The are interested in the Phineas & Ferb one too (we never got to Kim Possible; heard that was great). They like the idea of collecting the cards for the MK one, though!

Hi Koh1977!
Yep, I meant the Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom game (oops). My girls will maybe be too old for it (13, 10 & just-9) but then again maybe it will put a new spin on things. We'll see, I guess. The are interested in the Phineas & Ferb one too (we never got to Kim Possible; heard that was great). They like the idea of collecting the cards for the MK one, though!

I think that may be a better age for the MK one actually. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

What age is the Agent P in the world showcase geared towards? My girls really like the show and are looking forward to this. They are 11 and 9. Will they like it or be disappointed?

So as much as I would like to drive and save the money I do hear what you're all saying. The thing is we have another trip 4 months later (the surprise one) so I feel I need to drive for one of those trips.
However, I just had dinner with my 16 year old. Everything I said was wrong, everything her brother said was wrong and there was plenty of sighing and eyerolling. She's a pretty good kid but man 16 year old girls can bring the attitude. At this moment I am picturing spending 20 hours in a car with her and I'm afraid she would end up dumped off on the highway somewhere in the Mountains:rotfl2:

Happy Anniversary to those celebrating!!

And as for the OT stuff...I think it's nice...we've all been planning together for so long. It's nice to get to "know" people beyond their hotel and ADR preferences ;)

I totally agree and happy anniversary to all celebrating! :thumbsup2

We celebrate our anniversary on Sunday, the 28th. A whole 6 years! :cheer2:

Pigletto, depending on where in Canada you are, how many travelers you have and how you would do the drive, might you consider the AutoTrain between DC & Orlando? (sorry, all those answers are probably in previous posts but I have forgotten!) We find it is a good balance for us between the cost of 5 flights and the really long drive. We live in upstate NY and the prospect of driving all the way to Orlando...I just can't do it. :sad2: We used to live in Houston and actually made the drive between Houston and Boston a few times (DH's family is near Boston) but we were younger then! A few years ago we drove from upstate NY to West Palm Beach and I declared that the LAST time I would drive that far. I think anything requiring an overnight enroute is now a showstopper for me. The AutoTrain is great because we can leave in the early morning (around 6) and make it to VA in plenty of time, and then it's just riding from there. Of course it's nowhere near as time-efficient as flying, but so much nicer than being trapped in a vehicle all that time, and of course it goes during the overnight hours. If you book early enough ahead, the rates seem OK and there are options for seating/sleeping for various budgets, and you don't have to rent a car when you get there (if you would do so). I am looking forward to having our car there, and bringing whatever we want with us!

I wonder if I could convince my husband to take auto train to PA. We'd have to drive to Orlando, so I guess I'll wait to see how long exactly that drive is, but with a toddler not being confined in the car may be just the ticket to going up to visit DH's parents and grandparents! I'd totally forgotten about this so thanks for reminding me! Although DC traffic is never very inviting! However, the 2 year old would LOVE a ride on a train! :scratchin

I checked out the autotrain today but it was about 1200 and we can fly for that. It's too bad because I loved the idea! Thank you for the idea. It might be a good alternative for another trip:)

What age is the Agent P in the world showcase geared towards? My girls really like the show and are looking forward to this. They are 11 and 9. Will they like it or be disappointed?

I thought it was really cool actually. :-)

However, I just had dinner with my 16 year old. Everything I said was wrong, everything her brother said was wrong and there was plenty of sighing and eyerolling. She's a pretty good kid but man 16 year old girls can bring the attitude. At this moment I am picturing spending 20 hours in a car with her and I'm afraid she would end up dumped off on the highway somewhere in the Mountains:rotfl2:

:lmao: LOL! That just gave me my evening giggle.

So as much as I would like to drive and save the money I do hear what you're all saying. The thing is we have another trip 4 months later (the surprise one) so I feel I need to drive for one of those trips.

Oooohh, I have one of those. Well actually the boy version, but 16 nonetheless! Ugh!

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes :goodvibes And hope everyone else has great celebrations too :thumbsup2

I've gotten my hand slapped on other threads for being OT, so that's why I mentioned it. Seems like this thread is friendlier though :cool1:

As for Phineas and Ferb - I think it's good for all ages, but 11 and 9 will be perfect! Old enough to read and understand the directions, young enough to still be awed by the special effects (although at 45, I was completely awed by the special effects :rolleyes1) I thought it was great - and my boys loved it!

..I swear I don't work for Amtrak! :lmao:
But wanted to mention in case anyone is interested in the AutoTrain for August, that they are running a special right now where kids (age 2-15) ride for $29!! I believe it is for Coach seats only and dates of travel are May 28-August 28. We did coach on our last AT trip and it was fine. We are splurging on a bedroom this year, but I would have seriously considered coach again if these fares had been available when we booked.
Just wanted to pass it along in case my earlier post sparked any interest.

This was a joke, I edited it as it had the potential to offend. I know I was quoted and I hope this also edits that quote. I sincerely apologize if it does not and the joke remains on the quoted post.

Get back on topic here people! I just directed someone over here from a August question thread about travel in August and what will they find here? Lots a anniversary talk and kid complaints... Oh And thanks to those who wished me a belated happy anniversary.
(This was a joke, this was only a joke, any chance you suspected a serious tone in this post happened only in your head and was not due to my intention as this was also a joke)

:-)

For those of you that booked with the Yacht Club please check out Magical Vacations travel if you haven't. They get group rates on blocks of rooms and I know they have Yacht Club available for the end of August. I originally had Beach Club booked with them but cancelled (it's sold out now.. they only get certain rooms at certain resorts). Anyway.. the rate on a Standard room worked out to like $130 a night or so. It's a HUGE savings.

On another note..
I was wondering. Do any of you have the personal misting fans? Do you like them and what brand or model do you recommend? We bought some once but they were huge, leaky and bulky so they were a waste. If someone has a recommendation for something smaller that works well, I'd love to hear it:)

For those of you that booked with the Yacht Club please check out Magical Vacations travel if you haven't. They get group rates on blocks of rooms and I know they have Yacht Club available for the end of August. I originally had Beach Club booked with them but cancelled (it's sold out now.. they only get certain rooms at certain resorts). Anyway.. the rate on a Standard room worked out to like $130 a night or so. It's a HUGE savings.

On another note..
I was wondering. Do any of you have the personal misting fans? Do you like them and what brand or model do you recommend? We bought some once but they were huge, leaky and bulky so they were a waste. If someone has a recommendation for something smaller that works well, I'd love to hear it:)

We still have a fan from when we visited in 2010. We didn't take it last year but we didn't need it in November. It will be brought along. The kids liked them. I don't know if the fan does much so just having a spray bottle to cool off with would probably accomplish the same thing.

Saw a neat idea on FB last night that I want to try if I remember to. When on vacation send yourself a postcard each day with what you did that day of your trip. When you get home and they all arrive you can bind them into a book with memories of your trip! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter