• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
QOTD!

If you could only go to one park, which one would you pick and why?

If we have to pick a Disney park, then I would say MK. AK would be a close second. We were not fans of Epcot :duck: (we are oddballs in that regard, I know!) and DHS definitely ranks after MK and AK by a longshot.

If we only had one day and could pick any Orlando park, both Discovery Cove and SeaWorld would be in the running and the decision would be tough. From March to November, DC would likely get the nod and from November to February, we'd likely go with SW. Our two fave Orlando parks, hands down.

Oddly enough, we're not hitting ANY of the aforementioned on this next trip :rolleyes2 .

I have a QOTD:

What is the best "free" souvenir that you could get anywhere in the world?

To level the playing field free does not include any pilfered goods. And cost of admission doesn't count as a tangible cost

I have a QOTD:

To level the playing field free does not include any pilfered goods. And cost of admission doesn't count as a tangible cost

We've had CMs give us pins, and my kids always loved making the masks in Epcot. But the best free souvenir was back when they had that plastics display in Innoventions and we made these guys, and then proceeded to have fun with at Rose and Crown :lmao::

8c5d94ca-9e7d-4445-af23-25659bf3f103_zpse96724c8.jpg

22e3010c-450e-44ed-ad92-012dbcf74df5_zps411e720f.jpg

e1e5e112-9d6d-4bdf-96b2-28cd0504cd2a_zps1e5eca20.jpg

2286c340-1e38-45e4-9925-ead9f3fb96d5_zps059684d4.jpg

I have a QOTD:

Hmmmmmmm.......for freebies?

I guess I would say the birthday buttons and first visit buttons.

I have a QOTD:

My favorite freebie souvenir's are Transportation Trading Cards it's a lot of fun trying to get all the cards:thumbsup2

I have a QOTD:

I remember a sculpted coconut head with marble eyeballs I got in Adventure Land when I was 10. At the time that was the best thing ever.
Now it will be my Fast Pass + photos I think.

I have a QOTD:

The only free souvenirs I've ever gotten were the Mickey toiletries from the hotel. You're supposed to take those with you, right? :rolleyes1

The only free souvenirs I've ever gotten were the Mickey toiletries from the hotel. You're supposed to take those with you, right? :rolleyes1
I always seem to keep any Disney branded napkins or paper drink coasters. Having them at home reminds me of being in the World!

chuckinthechat said:
I have a QOTD:

My pictures :)

And park maps....I can make lots of crafts with them. Coasters, picture frames...just add modpodge!

Disney rewards visa discount for travel through 8/14 just released! I just got the email a few minutes ago. 30% off deluxe , 20% moderate, 15% value. I'll be calling once I get home. :)

Disney rewards visa discount for travel through 8/14 just released! I just got the email a few minutes ago. 30% off deluxe , 20% moderate, 15% value. I'll be calling once I get home. :)
Ooh, I'll be looking forward to that going public (probably on Monday), but it's not a good sign for those wanting free dining!

Ooh, I'll be looking forward to that going public (probably on Monday), but it's not a good sign for those wanting free dining!

My bet is that free dining will come out for the end of the month and into September (I think last year it started on 08/25??). I'm just bummed because I couldn't get the room I wanted with this discount (Poly CL) :headache:

Woo hoo to everyone traveling during the discount period! :banana:

Now hopefully a late summer discount comes out for the rest of us! :worship:

Actually it's probably a very good sign in that it's following the past dates fairly closely. There should be another round of discounts coming out for anytime from 8/14-8/25...here's hoping there is FD in the next batch!

If the free dining promotion were to start in the middle of a trip, could you usually still get it for those days? Or would you have to make separate reservations?

If the free dining promotion were to start in the middle of a trip, could you usually still get it for those days? Or would you have to make separate reservations?
You would have to make separate reservations because promotions are based on arrival dates. If you check-in during the offer dates, you can extend the offer to the end of your vacation, even if your vacation extends past the offer dates. However, you can't check-in before the promotion begins and receive the special offer for the length of your vacation, even if part of your vacation falls within the offer dates. Hopefully, that makes sense!

You would have to make separate reservations because promotions are based on arrival dates. If you check-in during the offer dates, you can extend the offer to the end of your vacation, even if your vacation extends past the offer dates. However, you can't check-in before the promotion begins and receive the special offer for the length of your vacation, even if part of your vacation falls within the offer dates. Hopefully, that makes sense!

It made sense! Thanks!

You would need a separate reservation with at least a one day ticket.

I wonder how that would work for military. I was able to get the dining plan without park tickets (because we get the military salute tickets) so I wonder if I could get free dining without park tickets?
If not I guess we'd just HAVE to buy a days worth of tickets and stay an extra day ::yes::

Mousesavers has posted the following: NEW for Disney’s Visa cardholders: Walt Disney World vacation package offer - save up to 30% on your room, plus get discounted 4-day through 10-day tickets, for travel 6/13/13 – 8/14/13. Can also be booked as room only discount without the ticket savings.
I wonder what the ticket savings are? Has anyone booked yet?

Mousesavers has posted the following: NEW for Disney’s Visa cardholders: Walt Disney World vacation package offer - save up to 30% on your room, plus get discounted 4-day through 10-day tickets, for travel 6/13/13 – 8/14/13. Can also be booked as room only discount without the ticket savings.
I wonder what the ticket savings are? Has anyone booked yet?

I just called and used the PIN to adjust my existing reservation. It took awhile for the rep to find the right code since it was am existing reservation. Turned out she had to switch it to a different room category, to get the discount to work. Saved us over $680 @ the YC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter