Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

I love your intro. Duke is a very handsome man of 12!

Confession: I hated Toy Story 4 but as Toy Story 3 is the only one of the franchise I enjoyed, that probably isn't saying much but I'm glad it gave you the puns.

1 Joining in! I am so excited about Forky Report! I still have yet to finish your last dining report. I am so far behind. I just can't help myself when I see new one.

Ooooooh, Forky rocks, such a great character, ha ha! You seriously are one of the best and wittiest writers around, can't wait for this report
:flower1:

LIES LIES EVERYWHERE
Hmmm...at first I thought I stumbled on the wrong report. I was thinking...nope, that's not right!444640

Meet Duval. We call him the Forrest Gump of dogs because he’s not a smart man, but he knows what love is. He’s still not doing great but he’s an almost 12 year old Newfoundland which is down right ancient in giant breed terms.
12 is very old for a Newfoundland dog. Nice to see a picture of him. Wishing the best for you and the family.

Can't wait to read your report.

And Duvall is mighty handsome! And I understand that 12 years is fairly old for a giant breed...have a 110 lb Anatolian x Pyrenees mix. The big lugs tug on my heart!

Spork on garson

Congratulations to your Nationals for making it to the big games

Meet Duval. We call him the Forrest Gump of dogs because he’s not a smart man, but he knows what love is. He’s still not doing great but he’s an almost 12 year old Newfoundland which is down right ancient in giant breed terms.
Hi Duvall he is old.:dogdance: We have a neighbor who has seen at least 3 Newfoundlands pass in the last 15 yr's. I hope you still have lot's of time with him.

Last edited:
I’m Kari the family matriarch. I’m a sweet and shy Disney lover who loves mushrooms, Peco’s Bills salads, and boxed Disney wine.

:rotfl2:

There was a bit of a cloud over this trip as our dog was having a lot of trouble while we were gone. We thought we’d have to come home early and even bought plane tickets and never unpacked. But my amazing Dad swept in and took care of him as a birthday present to me.

Gorgeous!

Oh, and you aren't so bad either :love:

I was sorry to hear he was sick though, I'm glad he's doing a little better :hug:

So when I saw Disney created not just a spork character, but one just as trashy as me, I knew I’d finally found my Disney spirit animal.

I love Forky, although I was never a huge fan of the spork...I can still remember the feeling of scraping it on the inside of that KFC styrofoam container and it gives me chills just thinking about it!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

How did I not see this Forky adventure until 3 pages in, :hyper:
What a forky, fun, festive report this will be!

What a sweet big dog you have! It is hard when they get old. We have 2 geriatric dogs, both are 12 now.

I totally agree about the heat and crowds this August.

A week later, I finally see that you've started the latest saga! I am definitely along for the ride as I haven't missed one yet and have become quite adept as deciphering tipsy notes along the way. Let the shenanigans begin!

Yay! Can't wait for your forky report!
Its gonna be a forkin' good time!

Following along! Can't wait to hear all about your last trip
Thanks for eating along with me again!!!

Yay! So excited for a new report and we love Forky!!
I mean who cannot love a spork??? Thanks for joining!

Yay! Can't wait to read it!
Thanks! Can't wait to share it. Hopefully will start later today.

Yay! Let the good times roll!
Hopefully they will start rolling soon!

Hahahaha! Holy forking shirt I'm dying. I literally JUST saw TS 4 and I really think Forky is one of the best Disney characters of all time.

I cannot WAIT to follow along.
We've only seen TS4 once so far but now that its out to watch at home me and my spork have lots of forky nights ahead of us.

Woo Hoo!!! More adventures with Casey, my spirit animal. Strapping in for the ride (and the tipsy notes!)
And just for you Casey will have lots and lots of spirit to bring. Thanks for following along.

Yay!! So glad you started your new report!
Me too. Now if only I can get off the intro and actually start this thing :P

Looking forward to your new report. BH Housewives is the only one I watch so enjoyed your nod to Erika Jane.
Well I enjoy anyone who got that reference!!! I'm sadly addicted to them all as they are my guilty pleasure in life. Well that and Disney. Thanks for following along

Your sister wife has arrived! 😘 I've been waiting for this one!!!!
Ain't no party like a sister wife party and thankfully whenever I actually get this started she'll be prominently displayed ♥

I love your intro. Duke is a very handsome man of 12!

Confession: I hated Toy Story 4 but as Toy Story 3 is the only one of the franchise I enjoyed, that probably isn't saying much but I'm glad it gave you the puns.
Well I'll forgive you for Toy Story 4 since you like the dog :P In all honesty I don't think Toy Story was necessary and 3 is probably my favorite too, but as soon as I saw the preview they had me at forky

1 Joining in! I am so excited about Forky Report! I still have yet to finish your last dining report. I am so far behind. I just can't help myself when I see new one.
:welcome: I'm so in the same boat since it only took me 2 months to start this!

Ooooooh, Forky rocks, such a great character, ha ha! You seriously are one of the best and wittiest writers around, can't wait for this report
:flower1:
Wow, thank you so much. Hope I don't disappoint

Hmmm...at first I thought I stumbled on the wrong report. I was thinking...nope, that's not right!
You know me too we'll

12 is very old for a Newfoundland dog. Nice to see a picture of him. Wishing the best for you and the family.
Thank you. He's very old indeed and very slow going, but he's still getting around.

Can't wait to read your report.

And Duvall is mighty handsome! And I understand that 12 years is fairly old for a giant breed...have a 110 lb Anatolian x Pyrenees mix. The big lugs tug on my heart!
You certainly understand the big lug life then to. 12 is definitely old for a Newfie. 8-10 but shh don't tell Duval that. He's a spry 150 pounds which is part of our challenge since its so hard to get all of that up.

While I like to believe I live a fulfilled life; why do I constantly hope for a new Tipsy review?
Why do I constantly hope for a Tipsy Life :drinking1 Thanks for joining in

Congratulations to your Nationals for making it to the big games
Thanks Glenda!!!! Tuesday starts it all!

Hi Duvall he is old.:dogdance: We have a neighbor who has seen at least 3 Newfoundlands pass in the last 15 yr's. I hope you still have lot's of time with him.
Thanks. We're making the best of whatever time we have with him and his living his best fat Newfie life ❤

Pecos Bill was all for you!

Oh, and you aren't so bad either :love:
Gee thanks :earboy2:

I love Forky, although I was never a huge fan of the spork...I can still remember the feeling of scraping it on the inside of that KFC styrofoam container and it gives me chills just thinking about it!
You and I are so similar yet sometimes so different too. Only my childhood styrofoam and spork joy could be your nightmare.

How did I not see this Forky adventure until 3 pages in, :hyper:
What a forky, fun, festive report this will be!
Hi Caroline!!! Wouldn't be a fun or festive without ya!

What a sweet big dog you have! It is hard when they get old. We have 2 geriatric dogs, both are 12 now.
Thanks! It is hard when they get old, but he's still a sweetheart

A week later, I finally see that you've started the latest saga! I am definitely along for the ride as I haven't missed one yet and have become quite adept as deciphering tipsy notes along the way. Let the shenanigans begin!
I'm pretty sure you are the undisputed queen of the tipsy translations. Thanks for joining in again. Wouldn't be a tipsy note party without ya

First off: where the forky have I been?! At least I didn't fall too behind.

LIES LIES EVERYWHERE

This is the real us.
I was gonna say: what did you do with our favorite tipsy family?! Phew. Glad to know the earth is still round, up is not down, and down is not up.

Gorgeous picture of you, Kari!

He’s still not doing great but he’s an almost 12 year old Newfoundland which is down right ancient in giant breed terms.
Aww, poor Duval. He's such a beautiful dog :lovestruc Where did the name come from? We had a cat named Sloppy Joe after a bar in Key West... so in our family, "Duval" would have come from Duval Street... the bar lined street in Key West :laughing:

So when I saw Disney created not just a spork character, but one just as trashy as me, I knew I’d finally found my Disney spirit animal.
:rotfl: This DTR is already off to an excellent start. Can't wait!

I'm HERE and I'm only slightly-kinda late!! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I too have a sporky story!! This weekend we took 4 teenagers to the NC State Fair and that morning I bought biscuits for them at the Bojangles and grabbed a handful of sporks on the way out "just in case"..

After eating breakfast, we're getting ready to walk out the door to head to the fair and someone said "get your sporks" and they ALL shoved the sporks in their hoody pockets...I did manage to keep my mouth shut on WHY we needed them.

When we all met up later I asked them if everyone had used their sporks AND THEY DID!!! Who knew they'd be so handy!! :confused3:confused3

and we got PUPPIES!!! we ended up adopting a brother/sister combo after our sweet boy Jake passed in July....

"Fish" - the black and white boy is on the left and his sister "Frankie" is on the right (she signs her name with a *heart* over the "i" but she's a spunky one!

I'm sorry your pup is struggle-bussing - we also have a 12 yr old lab mix who is not thrilled with our puppy choices....or puppies in general...HA!

CANT WAIT TO READ MORE!!

bring on the tipsy adventures! :drinking1:cool1:

I read the intro and thought, OH MY, Kari, Jason and Casey were abducted by aliens 👽and had their brains drained or were replaced with Stepford clones. :rotfl2:
Whew, what a relief to know the sarcasm was real and the 'normal' family was reporting for Dining duty armed with their sporks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter