Your vacation has begun! Poll: What day do you typically enter the park for the first time?

When do you typically enter a theme park for the first time at the beginning of your vacation?

• Friday afternoon/evening

• Saturday morning

• Saturday afternoon/evening

• Sunday morning

• Sunday afternoon/evening

• Monday

• Another Weekday

• Other (because there has to be an other)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine is specifically the day we arrive. Our summer trip we arrived on Saturday and went on Saturday. This time we fly in Saturday, stay near MCO, and get there Sunday. We will go on Sunday. First time flying in to MCO in about 4 years. Flights were $150 cheaper and hotel was only $50.

Depends when we arrive, if we arrive on Saturday then Sunday is our first park day and if we arrive Sunday Monday is our first park day however arrival night is always DS.

Most common for me is to take a Friday night red-eye, and if I can get the direct it means I'm at the resort around 7am. For years I had awesome room karma and something would be available for a quick nap and then it would be off to a park mid-morning, but lately that hasn't been the case and I've dumped my bags and arrived at the park in time for RD.

This next trip I'm taking at daytime non-stop which puts me in in the late afternoon and all I have planned for that day is a late dinner ADR, so that is going to feel really strange.

With the exception of our most recent trip, they have all been Saturday afternoon. We used to be able to take the kids out of school, and we would start our vacation by flying down Saturday and going to the parks immediately after dropping stuff off at the resort. Now by tradition, our first full day is Magic Kingdom, and that has historically been Sunday for the most part.

Dan

I think I have arrived every single day of the week. No discernible pattern. DW and I both are busy but flexible with our schedules, so it just depends on when a time slot opens up. Sometimes we go with very short notice too. Our upcoming trip we arrive late Sunday night and will hit the parks Monday

Dang, so over half of guests (if the Dis is representative of the typical guest) arrive to the parks on Sat or Sunday.

Dan

I hope the thread title and poll question are self-explanatory. I'm wondering when people tend to arrive in Orlando but more specifically I'm wondering when park touring starts. Saturday? Sunday? Not until Monday? Looking forward to seeing responses!
Being free agents and not tied to school vacations we tend to travel mid-week. Flying from the UK with Virgin we arrive in Orlando late afternoon on Tuesday so get to the resort and chill with a swim and a meal. On Wednesday (basically day one of the holiday) we start off with an all day visit to MK just to totally immerse ourselves in the magic. By the way we visit in mid September after the schools have gone back!

Other, because I have to be complicated lol. It used to be that we would drive down Saturday, and arrive on property Sunday early afternoon. Sunday evening we would visit DTD, and then be in a park first thing Monday morning. However, the last few years we have been doing things a bit differently. There hasn't been one set day that we tend to get into the parks, but rather, we've made the drive down during the week, so that we aren't on the road on the weekend. As such, our first day in the park has varied some, but has always been in the later half of the week. We've been leaving NY either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, and our first park day has been Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

This past summer, we had intended to drive down on Wednesday and Thursday. I had Tuesday off from work, but my wife didn't. Then, last minute, when her work schedule came out, they had given her Tuesday off as well, so we started the drive on Tuesday, arrived in Florida on Wednesday, and then spent the day Thursday outside of the parks. Our first park day was Friday, as originally planned, we just enjoyed an extra day around Orlando, which was quite enjoyable. We hit up a bunch of the gift shops along I drive, played Mini golf, visited Disney Springs, and had an amazing supper at Bahama Breeze.

We almost always fly Tues or Wed for cheap airfare (on our preferred carriers) and enter a park on arrival day. Occasionally we have the night flight and don't enter until Thursday, still a weekday.

We make the most of work free weekends so always try to fly on a Saturday, hitting HS for EMH on Sunday morning......let the magic begin:tinker:

We fly in, so whatever day is cheapest is when we fly. This trip happens to be a Thursday, so we'll head to the park that afternoon/evening. In the most recent years past, it has been on a Tuesday. We don't have any set plans that always happen - the park varies based on where we are staying. We like to wing it, so I don't even know what park we'll head to.

I tend to visit Saturday-Saturday and take the earliest flight out of Philadelphia, which is also a pretty quick flight in my opinion. As soon as I get to the resort, I drop off my carry-on at bell services (taking out my pre-packed small bag for the park) and run for a bus! I almost always head to Epcot first.

OP here: Thank you so much for the replies and votes - it's been really interesting to see!

2016 arrived on Sunday afternoon and did Disney Springs. This year arrived on Thursday around 10:00 am and again did Disney springs plus went to the pool. Next year were gonna arrive earlier, maybe around 8:00 and do a park on our first day. I'm over Disney springs :) We are coming in on Thursday again. 10 days in the parks and you never feel like you miss anything.

Other: we typically fly in on Tuesday - Thursday, but no matter what the day is, we head right to the Magic Kingdom after checking out our room.

our arrival is usually on a Saturday or Sunday but varies based upon our winter break schedules since most of us are educators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter