• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your vacation has begun! Poll: What day do you typically enter the park for the first time?

When do you typically enter a theme park for the first time at the beginning of your vacation?

• Friday afternoon/evening

• Saturday morning

• Saturday afternoon/evening

• Sunday morning

• Sunday afternoon/evening

• Monday

• Another Weekday

• Other (because there has to be an other)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Katie Dawn

DIS Veteran
I hope the thread title and poll question are self-explanatory. I'm wondering when people tend to arrive in Orlando but more specifically I'm wondering when park touring starts. Saturday? Sunday? Not until Monday? Looking forward to seeing responses!

We typically always fly in on Friday mornings so we head to the resort and then to the park as soon as we can! We'll be there in just a couple weeks :) We find it's usually a good time for Magical Express too because it's an extra day of vacation for most people if they come in Friday and plan to stay for a week! I'm lucky enough to have Fridays off and make my husband use the extra time lol

I like arriving on Mondays. Earlyish, landing at MCO 9 or.9:30 am. Most trips we go to the parks Monday night, with a late dinner in mind. Sometimes, though, we hang out at the resort and get to the parks on Tuesday. We always begin with Epcot and end the trip with MK.

Arriving on Sunday am, so Sunday afternoon it is, at least for this upcoming trip. As long as we aren't getting there super late, we usually try to hit a park the same day we get there!

We usually fly in on a Wednesday or a Thursday, hit Disney springs arrival day, and then hit the parks the next day! :cloud9:

I voted other. I couldn't tell you our "first park" has ever been the same place or same day as other trips. Part of the equation would be arrival time--typically early afternoon-ish. We'd probably choose a park based on a crowd calendar or where we might have an ADR.

Arriving on Saturday afternoon then hitting the park after dinner. I think that we will explore the resort for a few hours and have a non rushed dinner at 6pm. I am hoping the MK will extend hours beyond 9pm that night, fingers crossed!

Typically we don't do a park on arrival day because we don't normally arrive until the evening. This upcoming trip the only affordable flight has us getting in at 8:30 am. So might as well hit a park.

Typically we don't do a park on arrival day because we don't normally arrive until the evening. This upcoming trip the only affordable flight has us getting in at 8:30 am. So might as well hit a park.

So what day of the week would that be on?

We usually arrive at our resort around 10:30 am on a Saturday morning and are in a park no later than 12-12:30 pm. This December, we're flying in on a Sunday because there was no availability at BLT to check in that Saturday.

We drive down, typically in March because my wife is a teacher. We get within an hour of WDW on Friday night and then leave early and we get to HS on Saturday morning and we got straight in as we wait for the text about our room being ready. We hit HS because we feel MK is more crowded on the weekends due to the locals.

Friday morning this trip. If making it a long weekend, we fly to WDW on Thursday. First trip we went to a park straight away but we won't be making that mistake again traveling with littles. Getting a good night's sleep on Thursday then getting up bright and early for RD on Friday morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter