• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your thoughts?

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
idle questiuons and thoughts --

Providence Capital, a Disney shareholder, called meetings with ME for investment banks and other institutions which hold Disney stock. PC wants to fimd out from ME Disney's business plans to get their stock value back up.
1) No one has really challenged ME like this in the past, correct? (Which I think has been part of the problem.)
2) How common is this with any company, whether it be Disney or another?

And Universal on the market:
I recall reading several articles when Star Wars weekend 2002 was first cancelled at WDW. One source summed up George Lucas' thoughts that first, the convention should be in the central part of the U.S., for better accessability. (Hence Indianapolis)
Also mentioned was Lucas' thoughts of why promote a new blockbuster movie in a dying park.
I have also read where investors are concerned Pixar will not be worth as much once their contract with Disney expires.
Now here is my ponderance -
George Lucas and Pixar team up and buy US.
:)
hhmmm... possible? That happens and throw in some more money to create a Toy Story land within US, not to mention SW. And I would say we would have a new winner.

What are your thoughts?

The Toy Story characters are owned by Disney, as are Monsters & Bugs.

I'm not sure if Star Wars could be put into another park while Disney has a license to have Star Tours in MGM. Anyone else know how tight that license is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter