Your thoughts on the Doubletree near DTD?

Clare

Mouseketeer
Hi - we're thinking of staying at the Doubletree near DTD for a short trip in May. The price is right & it would be nice to have a suite for our 14 month old's naps & early bedtime. I would love to hear from people who have stayed there. How was it? I'm not expecting the same magic we get at the Disney resorts, but I do want to make sure it's a nice place.

All opinions welcome!

Also, when you stay at the Doubletree do you still have to pay for parking at the parks?

Thanks in advance.

We stayed there about 7 years ago for a quick weekend and found it to be very nice. The suites are large, with a sitting room and a pull out bed and a bedroom with two double beds. I believe it also had a small wet bar and fridge. We took the DTD hotel bus to the parks, so I'm not sure if you'll have to pay to park your car. Have fun!!

A very 2nd hand opinion but my neighbor stayed there last summer with their 2 little ones and said they had a very nice and comfortable stay and appreciated the extra space. I don't think they've every stayed at a WDW hotel - usually further off-site.

I've stayed there twice and it's fine if you're not looking for luxury. Decor was pretty cute. Parking lot is at the rear of the hotel with entry at the back. Pool looked nice, but we spent our time at the parks.

You also might want to consider the Holiday Inn WDW Resort inside the park. Very bare bones, but it had a free shuttle to the parks that was very consistent, it is considered one of the DTD hotels and, at least last Feb., could have our packages sent back there. I got it through Priceline for, I think, less than $40 a night!

Thanks for the info. We are planning to rent a car and drive to the parks since with a 14 month old time is of the essence when it's time for a nap!! I'm guessing we'll have to pay to park at the theme parks, but I'd love for someone to tell me I'm wrong!

Aloha!

We stayed there in Nov. '04 and it was fine for our family of 5. YES you do have to pay for parking but you only pay once for the whole day and can go to the other parks. The decor was nice...our king bed was a little uncomfortable but we managed. There are laundry facilities on the top floor (7th). There is a timeshare desk near the front desk and they offer you coupons for dinner and stuff. They were very nice compared to some others. hope this helps.

cyansmom

Clare,
If you decide to book the Doubletree Guest Suites, be sure to check out the offer at allearsnet.com - a free continental breakfast for each day of your stay... here's the link to the page at allears about the doubletree - you must follows the link at the end when booking... good luck!

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_dtree.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter