Your Secret Food Tip

We discovered Cookes of Dublin on our last trip. All 5 of us tried something different, and it was all yummy, but the Fish and Chips was the winner. we are looking forward to returning in August!
We absolutely loved the fried chicken sandwich they used to have and were disappointed to find it gone when we went in 2015 (I think?). But we still enjoy their food and I can't get enough of their Dalkey mustard. It's so good! :-)

We have a few "secrets". First, Boathouse for a light lunch/dinner is not expensive if you choose carefully. Fried fish baskets, chicken and sliders are all reasonable and good and you can enjoy a waterfront dining experience. Second, Homecoming has excellent food and shareable portions. Third, the Ample Hills ice cream is very good and if you order a sundae you get a lot of ice cream and as many toppings as you want. Great for sharing. Fourth, at Raglan, you will get a great meal and entertainment. Fifth, beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter are sometimes very good. Finally, Kinonos in The Swan has great sushi and drinks.

If you're a chocolate fan, the double chocolate ice cream sandwich at Tamu Tamu Refreshments at AK is a hidden gem! I'm not into fruity desserts, and cupcakes aren't my thing. I'm always on the hunt for a rich chocolate brownie or cookie, and this is the best one I've found so far on property. HUGE rich and soft double chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream. Omg, it is soooo gooood. It is easily shareable and just over $5! I had one one night in AK and finished it all myself lol. My bf regretted having a Mickey bar just before I got it, so we went back the next night so we could each have one! Lol definitely on my to do list for May!

Ok I am getting this in November!!!

I was there a month ago and they still had the chicken sandwich.

Is it the same chicken/chicken portion? I read a couple reviews that it's a lot smaller. Our family loves the chicken, but skips the waffles for the carbs. CMs look at us like we're crazy.

I love the salmon and egg sandwich at Kringla in Norway. A few years back i was having some stomach problems, and those sandwiches saved me - lean protein and complex carbs were exactly what I needed.

Seconding several suggestions here.

Last trip I hit Epcot at RD, did Soarin' standby with a short wait, then went to Les Halles for breakfast. Had a Quiche Lorraine and a strawberry tart and loved it! And it wasn't quite empty, but plenty of seating inside and out.

When I was there in February this year, The Plaza was walk-up only after noon. I went by around 2 pm, had a minimal wait, and enjoyed a club sandwich and a relaxing break.

Ample Hills is mmm mmm good and they let you try a good-sized spoonful of any flavors you want to taste. If you are a "cookie dough" fan like me, the "Baked/Unbaked" is for you.

Favorite food at DHS (and an overall WDW favorite): Cobb Salad and a dessert trio at Brown Derby. I like taking a break for lunch here. I have tried all 6 mini desserts and my faves are the chocolate sphere, amaretto flan, and creme brûlée, but everyone has their own favorites.

And I cannot overstate how much I love The Wave at the Contemporary. Always a calming break with delicious food, nice but not stuffy, and I've had really good servers. I've had all 3 meals here and the breakfast buffet is my favorite.

Maybe it isn't so secret, but to get a head start in MK we skipped "real" breakfast and had waffles at Sleepy Hollow. Giant fluffy deliciousness that my kids still rave about.

Is it the same chicken/chicken portion? I read a couple reviews that it's a lot smaller. Our family loves the chicken, but skips the waffles for the carbs. CMs look at us like we're crazy.

I am not sure. It was my first time having it.

Don't think this is a secret but... early <8:30 am garden grill resi's get you good grub with a bloody mary option and first in line to sorin. we had 840 am last trip and were first in line to the park, they let us through and we got first seating. This trip we have 820 :).

Ohana's bread pudding is served at the bar, Tambu Lounge, right by the restaurant. It didn't used to be on the bar menu, but you could sometimes order it. Then, someone *totally-not-me*, came so often, befriended the cast members there, and after a meeting with management it became a menu item. You're welcome :rolleyes1

Ohana's bread pudding is served at the bar, Tambu Lounge, right by the restaurant. It didn't used to be on the bar menu, but you could sometimes order it. Then, someone *totally-not-me*, came so often, befriended the cast members there, and after a meeting with management it became a menu item. You're welcome :rolleyes1
Love this! Last year we visited while I was pregnant and I made DH walk from our room to get me an order. (The baby needed to try Ohana bread pudding:P)We had one of the last rooms in Morea so it was pretty far from the GCH and also a really cold February week. And it was also Super Bowl Sunday so the lounge was a little crowded. o_OLuckily a CM saw him walking with it and took pity and gave him a ride back in a golf cart:goodvibes Totally worth it!

Love this! Last year we visited while I was pregnant and I made DH walk from our room to get me an order. (The baby needed to try Ohana bread pudding:P)We had one of the last rooms in Morea so it was pretty far from the GCH and also a really cold February week. And it was also Super Bowl Sunday so the lounge was a little crowded. o_OLuckily a CM saw him walking with it and took pity and gave him a ride back in a golf cart:goodvibes Totally worth it!
That's so awesome! :woohoo:Glad you got to try it. The bartenders there are great, but it does get really crowded and they get busy. I usually end up going and getting mine from the chef, and always get the strangest looks walking back to the bar. Probably because I get a family sized piece and eat it all :rolleyes1

Not a secret, but skip the Epcot ADRs and just snack around the WS.

I also really love the choose-your-own ice cream sandwich cookies on Main Street! And, if you pop into PVH, stop and sign the Blue Fairy Wish Book.
What is the Blue Fairy Wish book?

The fresh fruit waffle from Sleepy Hallow is a favorite. We also recently discovered the breakfast at Garden Grill in EPCOT. It was really yummy!!!

I had the spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow over Princess weekend a couple weeks ago.

What a fun thread! I didn't see anyone mention Our Favorite qs place and our traditional first stop when we arrive at Disney is the fish and chips at Yorkshire County fish Shop. We always fly in early, usually stay at Boarwalk or Beach Club, so we walk through the international Gateway and hit the fish and chips for qs lunch! This coming December, we are staying at the Contemporary for a change of pace and to try out being close to MK, but there is a small (or huge) part of me that just wants to stay in the Epcot area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter