Your Parents' Favorite TV Shows (NOW, Not When You Were A Kid)

rastahomie

Registered
Inspired by low-key's similar thread: what are your parents' favorite TV shows NOW?

Mom: The devout church lady likes the most violent, boobie-showingest shows on TV: Game of Thrones, Spartacus, The Vikings, Sons of Anarchy, and the like. When she's not watching sex and carnage she likes Seinfeld reruns, The Amazing Race, and Survivor.

Stepdad: Whatever mom watches, plus sports.

Dad: American Pickers, Pawn Stars, home restoration shows, antique shows, and such.

Dad - baseball or hockey.....only when he can figure out how to turn on the tv and find the right channel. :happytv:

Dad - still golf
Stepmom - Big Bang Theory
Both of them - crime shows, Antiques Road Show

MIL - Call the Midwife (We both watch it, and talk about it every week!)
FIL - the news, old movies

My mom likes most of the ridiculous Real Housewife shows. Jeopardy. Survivor. baseball

Her gentleman friend: the weather channel, fox news, baseball

Dad - baseball or hockey.....only when he can figure out how to turn on the tv and find the right channel. :happytv:

My dad keeps his TV on History, and his friend taught him how to use the "Back" button on his remote to access The Discovery Channel. The only buttons he uses are the on/off button, the volume button, and the Back button, and woebetide anyone who dares change his channels!

My mom has passed but it was for many years Law & Order (all variations)

My dad Fox News

My mom is gone now, but she had dementia before she died and she was in love with Little House and The Waltons. We would watch them over and over and over. If she started to get stressed, Little House would calm her down.

My dad loves Young and the Restless, don't call when its on. On the other side, if its important, call during it so you know he is in his room. He also likes the news, the Reds and IU Basketball. For whatever reason, his new favorite is Naked and Afraid. We have no idea why, but when you go to see him he is usually watching it.

My mom is 95 and watches Dr Oz and Dr Phil and a Catholic channel.

I have seen MIL watch the Game Show Network Family Feuds for hours on end.

Mom currently watches:

Nurse Jackie
Orange is the New Black
Wentworth (Think I got the name right. It's a prison show.)
Any thriller she can find on Netflix.

Both my parents have passed away so I can't answer for mine but my inlaws watch a lot of British shows. I know they liked Downton and watch a lot of the mysteries. Also Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

It's been 3 years since my mom passed away, but she love Baseball, Basketball and Bill O'Reilly.

It's ended now but my mom LOVED Downton Abbey. She likes the Young and the Restless. Scandal and the Middle

Mom loves The Middle, Lifetime movies, Good Witch, The Voice and Survivor

Step Dad loves Survivor, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Sports, and Alone

Dad likes NCIS and Pretty much any of those cooking DYI shows on PBS

Stepmom watches pretty much what Dad does

they watch a lot of HGTV and Food Network together.
Dad tends to watch those silly outdoor reality shows...alaska in the wild or whatever is on.

I know they really like House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and NCIS.

All of our parents (Mrs. Tex and I) are gone now, but her parents's favorite TV show was sewing, books, and Scrabble. I think they watched the news when they remembered. My parents pretty much stuck to reruns of old detective shows, like Matlock and Walker: Texas Ranger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter