Your Ideal Day at Disneyland

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I thought it would be fun to start a thread in honor of the Disneyland content and contest going on right now. So, what would your IDEAL day at Disneyland be if money, crowds, weather, etc. were of no issue?

Where would you go?

What attractions would you experience?

What restaurant(s) would you eat at?

What hotel would you stay at?

I have a list of "must dos" when I go to Disneyland, these include eating at the Carnation Cafe, riding on what is not at WDW, especially Indiana Jones, and The Matterhorn, and seeing Paint the Night. I have stayed at all three Disneyland hotels, but these are not a must do; I find that the hotels on Harbor Blvd are more convenient in many ways, and I don't have to sell my child into slavery to be able to afford the rates.

I had the perfect day about 6 years ago when I was in DL for my first (wow time flies) half marathon. I got an excellent rate at the GC, my cousin flew in to meet me from Washington (Spokane) but she'd lived in SoCal for years so knew the park. The weather was perfect (unlike 2013 when it was 100...fortunately the humidity was still low!). Crowds were not terrible and we must've had park hoppers.

We had breakfast at Carnation Cafe, walked down Main St, rode the rides NOT at WDW first (Mr Toad's, Alice, Matterhorn) plus my favorites-Dumbo and Tea Cups. Since it was "my weekend" I think I probably rode Dumbo 2 or 3 times (my dream is to someday just ride Dumbo over and over and over...).

I'm sure we had yummy snacks like pretzels or ice cream at some point. We had lunch at Cafe Orleans then walked to DCA and had so much fun acting like kids at the Bug's LIfe Land and doing the Boardwalk rides- jumping jellyfish, Mickey's fun wheel and a little roller coaster (not CA Screaming) that I'm not sure is still there. We had pizza or something carb-y at Downtown Disney and I went to bed early for my first RunDisney event (which, to be honest, was probably the best DL day ever but it didn't involve many rides or very interesting food..so the above is My Perfect Day in DL, parks edition).

I've stayed at all 3 DL hotels and enjoy them all, but GC has so many personal memories it's still my favorite.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread in honor of the Disneyland content and contest going on right now. So, what would your IDEAL day at Disneyland be if money, crowds, weather, etc. were of no issue?

Where would you go?

What attractions would you experience?

What restaurant(s) would you eat at?

What hotel would you stay at?
I've never been to Disneyland but really want to.

I would go to Disneyland first of course.

I would experience as much as I possibly could. I would first want to see everything that WDW doesn't have. Then I would want to go to the attractions that are the same and compare them.

Napa rose, steakhouse 55, carthay circle.

Disneyland hotel would be #1

We've only been there once (this past October) but based on what we loved/worked out well and what didn't go so well, I think the perfect day would include:

Starting at Disneyland Resort and hitting up Fantasyland, specifically the rides not at WDW (Pinnochio, Mr. Toad, Canal Boats, etc.) then covering Tomorrowland as their Space Mountain is much better.

Then over to Frontierland for Big Thunder and Splash. Then to Haunted Mansion and Pirates then to Adventureland for Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones - with lunch at Bengal Bar-b-q

Then hop over to California Adventure to hit up Radiator Springs and California Screamin'. If time, try to hop back to catch the parade at Disneyland

Then go to Trader Sam's for drinks and apps then back to Disneyland Resort for dinner at a waterside table at Blue Bayou - get another ride on Big Thunder in the dark and then watch Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever fireworks

And ever chance I got I would go over and look up at the light in Walt's window

(though, it took us 3 days to do the above as the crowds were insane ... but you said crowds weren't an issue)

Just to see world of color - that was such an AMAZING experience. The theming totally reminded me of jersey shore growing up.

So a nice refreshing stroll a few rides get a nice diner and watch WoC perfect day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter