Your favourite travel stops

V.B.

Mouseketeer
I'm curious for those of you who drive down to Disney, where are your favourite places to stop along the way? I haven't driven down in YEARS and my family would switch (travelling from Southern Ontario) crossing the border either in Buffalo, or Windsor. Do any of you have favourite routes, or favourite Cities that you stop in to do some sight seeing for a few hours?

I'm curious for those of you who drive down to Disney, where are your favourite places to stop along the way? I haven't driven down in YEARS and my family would switch (travelling from Southern Ontario) crossing the border either in Buffalo, or Windsor. Do any of you have favourite routes, or favourite Cities that you stop in to do some sight seeing for a few hours?

We didn't usually stop anywhere for a few hours we'd just head straight down but what we have done is add a few DAYS stop along the way. We've done a couple days in Charleston, SC on the way down once and another trip we did 2.5 days in Savannah, GA on the way down and a full day in Asheville, NC for the Biltmore Vanderbilt Estate... as of which probably tells you that we really enjoy looking at architecture and old houses... my sister and I were 15 on the Charleston trip and 19 on the GA/NC trip and had actually tried to get Asheville added as a stop on the way home because we saw a pamphlet about the estate at our hotel in Charleston

We like to fly but we have driven twice. Our preferred route is Buffalo through Fort Erie and drive to Beckley WV which for us is about 8 hours. The next day is a full drive to Orlando. Preferred route because it is scenic at places and you are only in Georgia a dew hours and Georgia loves handing out tickets. Set the cruise control to match the GPS and drive through.
Coming back is a different story. We usually make a few stops on the way home. Can't say where in particular but when we see a Wal Mart on the side of the interstate we stop in.

We fly and drive depends on time of year and length of stay... when we drive we usually drive straight through and taken both 75 and the 79/77/95 etc way... we only stop for gas/coffee and washroom breaks.. bring food in the car with us... I personally just like the huge gas stations and attached convenience stores (QT, Sheetz etc) I find them fun to walk through and always find some random chocolate bar or chip flavour to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter