Your Favorite Resort

Boardwalk!!! I love the Boardwalk view, people watching, the nightlife on the boardwalk, the easy walk to Epcot....just the excitement, lights and that old Disney magic. Love it!

I love OKW because it's a vacation within a vacation for me. I love Disney but frankly after schlepping through the parks all day I really enjoy coming back to the lush tropical setting of OKW. The rooms are large and spacious, the 1br & 2br villas have huge balconies that really extend the living space, great for cocktails, dinner and early morning coffee. I prefer to park in front of the villa rather than walk the halls and take elevators common in other resorts like SSR, BWV & WLV. I feel a loss when I don't get to stay there. We're going in June and I'm so looking forward to it!

Don't get me wrong each resort has something to offer, in fact my son prefers the BWV therefore I must alternate every once in a while, since DS(13) reminds me that "it's our DVC." You gotta love him.

I've stayed at a bunch of different resorts at WDW, and I think each one has its own charm and own advantages/disadvantages.

My favorite resort is Animal Kingdom Villas, followed by the Polynesian. Needless to say, I'd be a happy camper if DVC built at the Polynesian, LOL!

Here's how I'd rank the resorts I've stayed in:

1) AKL/AKV
2) Polynesian
3) Grand Floridian
4) Yacht Club
5) BoardWalk Inn
6) Saratoga Springs
7) Swan/Dolphin
8) Contemporary
9) Old Key West
10) Port Orleans Riverside
11) Beach Club
12) Wilderness Lodge
13) Pop Century
14) Coronado Springs
15) All Star Music

I love OKW because it's a vacation within a vacation for me. I love Disney but frankly after schlepping through the parks all day I really enjoy coming back to the lush tropical setting of OKW. The rooms are large and spacious, the 1br & 2br villas have huge balconies that really extend the living space, great for cocktails, dinner and early morning coffee. I prefer to park in front of the villa rather than walk the halls and take elevators common in other resorts like SSR, BWV & WLV.

I'm with you BEASLYBOO! I love OKW because I feel like I could go there and not even visit a park. I'm close enough to hear the fireworks but far enough away to feel like I'm actually in Key West. I love the laid back feel and to me, when I visit in the colder months, it's more like having a "winter vacation home in Florida" than a hotel room for a week.

BLT hands down for us. The location, walking to MK for a quick bith at Casey's Corner or sitting on the beach at night making smores by the fire. Wathcing wishes from our room all wrapped up and in our pj's. As far as non-DVC resorts it would be a dead heat between GF and Poly. They are both so wonderful yet so different it is hard to pick one. Nothing better then sitting on Poly's beach in a hammock at night watching the fireworks and the electric water pagent. All the beautiful foliage and waterfall in the lobby. At GF it is like stepping back in time. The wrap around porch with rocking chairs. The views of MK or the lake. Relaxing in the lobby while watching the world go by.

This is tough! DVC resorts I've stayed at are SSR, THV, BWV, AKV, and before DVC I've stayed at POR (when it was Dixie Landings), WL, AKL, BC, GCH and GF. I loved staying at all of them. Like MamaPrincess said, it depends on what you want to do on your vacation.

When your focus is not on going to the Disney parks SSR is wonderful. It's right on the edge of Disney property so it's easy to to other places. I do like the interiors of the rooms here best. I love the pastel colors and I like this layout of the villas. The jacuzzi tubs at this resort are the BEST! Having the spa close by is also a plus. I've always had a car when staying here, so bus transportation was never a problem.

We stayed at BWV during F&W last year and other than the never ending hallways, I really liked that. Again I like the layout of the villa and the tub. The proximity to Epcot and DHS was GREAT! We only did those two parks, so not having to get on a bus was fantastic. The downside was that the CS locations weren't that great, but since we were filling up on all the great F&W snacks it was OK. There are so many great TS restaurants in proximity so that's great too!

I really enjoyed staying at AKV because of the animals. The theming of the resort is very nice too. The layout of these villas is not as much to my liking as the two mentioned previously, and the tub is just not as big as the oval tub in older resorts. Not that I won't come back, I guess it's just not as much of a fave, however, you can't beat sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee, glass of wine and watching the animals!

I have yet to stay at GCV, but I have a feeling I will really like that a lot even if the tub is like the ones at Kidani. The main reason, because until this year I could never justify getting a $300 hotel room less than 20 miles from my house! If all my waitlists come through I will have seven stays there this year, more than I have ever stayed in Anaheim in my lifetime!

So if I have to rank them I think this would be my top three

1) BWV
2) GCV
3) SSR

However, I still have yet to stay at BCV, VWL, OKW and proabably BLT at least once.

My favorite is VWL because of the atmosphere and location of the resort. I love the view of the lake from anywhere on the property. I love the little animal tracks in the concrete, I love the villa pool with the little bubbly springs in it. I love renting bikes there and riding around ft. wilderness. I've sat and read a book while enjoying the rocking chairs on the porch and while sitting in a nook in the lobby of the villas near a fireplace. Those elevator doors are so beautiful. I love VWL in spite of the fact that probably 50% of my stays there have been in a dumpster view studio.;) I've used the shower facities at Sturdy Branches after checking out of my villa and found them to be clean and very convenient to the pool. I love walking around the grounds at night with DH:love:

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Sometimes I wonder why I actually own at 5 other resorts as well, but then I remember why I love those resorts, but VWL is absolutely the best fit for me!!!!:goodvibes
I'm with Bobbi - VWL is my favorite:lovestruc and the only place I own. I too love the theming and cozy warm feeling I get when I walk into that lobby. I love the lake and walking over to the campgounds and experiencing all the wildlife. I actually bought a resale @ OKW in 1999 before the VWL existed. Once I stayed at VWL - I was hooked. I finally sold OKW in 2006 when I could not get my VWL reservation:scared1: in early Dec 2005 at 7 months out and tri-daily calls at the 7 day mark and even while I was there. I've stayed at Kidani-AKV, OKW, and SSR so far. We are staying at BLT in a couple of months so I have a few more to try, but I find it hard not to say at VWL. I went over twice while staying at Kidani last week, once to eat at Artist Point and then right before our HDDR reservation. So far VWL is my fav:cloud9:, followed by AKV-Kidani, OKW and SSR.

My two favorites are VWL, because of it's closeness to Magic Kingdom, and BCV, because of it's closeness to both Epcot and the ESPN Club.

I also love BWV, and OKW. I don't like SSR.

I've never been at BLT, since it was under construction when I was last at WDW

I like VWL for the colors, warmth & theming but DH & DS like BCV for SAB & location to Epcot!!:goodvibes

I‘ve stayed at…

Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort.

My favorite is Polynesian! I like the layout and the beach. I LOVE the fact that it’s on the monorail. It makes things so much more convenient.

We are absolutely in love with AKV - Kidani. My DS7 & DS3 refer to it as their WDW house. Everything about it screams theming. We love the animals outside. That made it a cinch to wakte the boys in the morning. All we had to sak was if they wanted to eat breakfast on the balcony. They jumped out of the bed to go check out the animals. The pool and water area are just fantastic. My DS3 talks to me every night as he goes to sleep. The first thing he says is that he can't wait to go back to HIS water play area. I love that there is so much to do while there.

I'll be staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House this upcoming November

BCV for location to EPCOT and DHS, and for Stormalong Bay,
SSR for closeness to DTD, and quiet atmosphere
Would like to try VWL and BWV someday

VWL, Kidani and BWV all pull at my heartstrings for different reasons. Don't think I can pick one favorite, but I'm perfectly happy calling AKV home :goodvibes

VWL - Woodsy feel reminds me of Fort Wilderness. The lobbies both in the main lodge as well as the villas are welcoming and comfortable, yet still peaceful. And the water features totally get to me. *sigh* so wish I were there now.

BWV - Had a room overlooking the green. It was so peaceful. At night we'd open the doors to the balcony and let the music float in. THe boardwalk bakery is a fantastic way to start the day. There are a few creepy elements to this resort though that I've learned to ignore (face chairs, Triton chandelier, clown vomiting children into the pool.)

Kidani - So beautiful: floors like glass, fantastic design, music, zebra and giraffe right off the room to keep us company all night long, and the friendliest staff anywhere! Having a dedicated bus to parks where kidani is the first stop certainly helps too. Oh, and the bartenders are great too ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter