Your favorite resort breakfast?

I'm curious...why the obsession with Kona? I've noticed lots of people recommending it on here and elsewhere, but the menu doesn't seem that special.
Honestly I use to rave about Kona because of the tonga toast. But youre right, the menu isn't really all that exciting. Food is good. But not rave worthy in my opinion. My fave resort breakfast is The Wave. Its a hidden gem. Really good food.

Boma... we just had breakfast there 2 weekends ago... I did a review on it...really very good, and if you go scratch out some time to check out the resort and animal viewing areas...

Why no character breakfast? DH and I go just the 2 of us all the time... Tusker house and Crystal Palace are two of our favorite breakfast spot... Its so fun eating with the characters...

While we have not been... Our friends love The Wave... its is their favorite breakfast spot...

Grand Floridian Cafe is another nice spot for breakfast... honestly its kinda a hidden gem... we also like it for lunch...

Disney Spring is starting to offer more and more options for breakfast so you might want to check these options out...

I guess it would depend on what you order but the entrees are all individually priced. I think I had the scrambled eggs, coffee and OJ for somewhere around $20.
Oh that's super cool if they let you pay ala carte instead of the all inclusive price! I certainly have never heard of Disney cutting any slack like that before. lol

We rarely do American style breakfasts (hot food) anywhere but have made an exception for Kona Cafe. Kona has a very comfortable ambiance and serves some great coffee. The servers are proficient diner staff and read their customers well. Does a fine job on morning eggs which are freshly made unlike the steamer pans at most buffet style eateries.

Broadway Bakery has a nice looking range of breakfast sandwiches and the QS at the French Pavilion is always crowded with fans eating; both look intriguing to me.

Read the menu for a more extensive description of what they have to offer:).

Last edited:
Another vote for Grand Floridian Cafe! One of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my life! We have The Wave booked for our upcoming August trip-- hearing nothing but amazing things for it!!

For us, it depends on which resort we are staying at. If we are at the Poly, we greatly love Kona. If we are at the CR, then it is The Wave for us. With that being said, we do prefer Kona over The Wave.

I love Kona but yesterday I ate at Grand Floridian Cafe and it was lovely. I got the Benedict flight which was excellent. I would highly recommend it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter