Your Disney Pet Peeves

I have to take exception here.

By all means, I did not mean to offend. I am in healthcare, and so can understand disease processes and how it can effect people. Furthermore, my father has a host of diseases (the major being ankylosing spondylitis), which do inhibit his abbility to walk and stand for long periods of time, so i can understand that also.

I should have been more specific as to the group of people that are my pet peeves. The 'touring' ECV crowd, with the whole family on them, all zipping in a line. I find it both a hazard and insulting, considering that my father actually NEEDS one, and these people are using them for nothing more then laziness.

I'm not talking about those who need them, I'm talking about the family's who get them for the whole family, then expect people to jump out of their way when they are driving around.

Ok, on our last trip we were trying to get my little guy in the Jedi master training. He loves Star Wars and was so pumped. We got in front very early and waited patiently. Right before the show, this super pushy mom came elbowing up next to us and pushed her daughter in front of us. She was screaming and waving her arms and I think the heat must have made me slow because I did not say a word, very unlike me. sure enough, her little girl gets chosen and my little guy doesn't. She screams at her daughter to smile and look at the camera the whole time, we couldn't even hear the Jedi training. At the very end...I am sorry to say I got a little satisfaction and I feel very guilty about this....she realized her lens cap was still on. So of course she stormed up there and asked them to re-do everything so she could get her pictures. They didn't, the nerve of them! I wish people would just let kids have a shot and not be so pushy and ruin it for others. We are going back, mainly to re-do that and get to meet the power rangers who devastated my little boy after waiting in line several times for an hour and he still did not get to the front.

for me, its people touching me... not accidentally due to crowding, but people who think, just cause we strike up a conversation in a queue, that you get to touch me. i get this a LOT when i am in my wheelchair. i look young, and my chair makes me look even younger, and people think its okay to pat me or touch me... i know there is limited personal space in a crowd, but WHY do people think its okay to touch me???

also, my wheelchair is NOT a "lean rail." (remember, from timekeeper?) also, PLEASE tell your children NOT to play with my wheels. little fingers + movnig spokes = trip to ER. also, if you see me struggling up a hill, PLEASE do not try to push me without asking. i had an airline attendant seriously injure my hand once doing this. my hands got tangled up in my wheels and i got hurt. i have also had people "move me" when i was in front of a shelf in a store... i am NOT an inconveniently placed shopping cart

so i guess it comes down to personal space. i respect your space, you respect mine, everything works out.

oh, and if you need to read a map, PLEASE do not stop in front of me. my braking system is my hands, and i dunno if you've ever caught a wheelchair in the achilles before, but it HURTS. use common sense and move off to the side!

:eek: People do that?

Rude CMs. It ruins a bit of the magic for me. I had one while making a reservation on the phone today. I understand a bad day - but you can't have a bad day at Disney! :confused3

Ok, on our last trip we were trying to get my little guy in the Jedi master training. He loves Star Wars and was so pumped. We got in front very early and waited patiently. Right before the show, this super pushy mom came elbowing up next to us and pushed her daughter in front of us. She was screaming and waving her arms and I think the heat must have made me slow because I did not say a word, very unlike me. sure enough, her little girl gets chosen and my little guy doesn't. She screams at her daughter to smile and look at the camera the whole time, we couldn't even hear the Jedi training. At the very end...I am sorry to say I got a little satisfaction and I feel very guilty about this....she realized her lens cap was still on. So of course she stormed up there and asked them to re-do everything so she could get her pictures. They didn't, the nerve of them! I wish people would just let kids have a shot and not be so pushy and ruin it for others. We are going back, mainly to re-do that and get to meet the power rangers who devastated my little boy after waiting in line several times for an hour and he still did not get to the front.

Oh, that would tick me off! I would say something (and if I don't, dh surely will). It was kind of karma that her lens cap was on.:lmao: I got a good chuckle out of that.

Use of Blackberries. Can't stand excessive Blackberry use. Let it go for a few hours! :rolleyes1

Use of Blackberries. Can't stand excessive Blackberry use. Let it go for a few hours! :rolleyes1

I am guilty of this one. I own my own business and when my employees need something, I have to get on it right away. Clients might need something or my bank might have an issue and nobody cares if you are on vacation. There just isn't anyone to delegate to in some cases. I'd like to wait until the evening,but the factory is closed and most everybody is home. I try to do it quick and as many at one time when I am on the potty :guilty: and in line. I leave most for the PM after kids are in bed. Sorry in advance.

My pet peeve is actually against Disney itself.
When you go to the world showcase in Epcot, you go to Mexico and can buy Mexico items. The same with France, Britian, Italy etc, etc.

You go to the American Pavillion and you can't buy one stinking thing that is made in America :mad:
Come on Disney, you mean to tell me in this entire Country you can't find one Mom & pop shop that makes Tee shirts, wood works any thing.

Silly I know.

That's because we don't make anything anymore here in America! We've outsourced everything overseas!:rotfl:

the wonderfull ppl with the rent a strollers. the ones that don't pay attention where they are going and take your ankles out. i had one guy that ran all up the back of my leg. he was lucky that i cought my ballance before i fell on his kids. oh wait there werent any kids in there just bags.:rolleyes: im glad there werent any kids in there cuz if i would have fallen it wouldnt been a mess because im 6'7 300pounds i mean a mess.:eek: :rolleyes1 i think he tried to say sorry but i didnt speak the language. guess i have to learn speak Portuguese.:sad2: :lmao:

All of those wonderful, pushy people who show up for a parade 10 minutes before it starts and think their kids are entitled to a front row view...or any other selfish maneuver in a Disney Park.

My daughter and I have come up with a code when we witness such activities...so if you hear someone chirping "Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine", like the seagulls in "Finding Nemo", then someone nearby may qualify...

One thing that bothers me is the clothes people wear. I could post a picture or two of what I mean, but they would probably close the thread.

I wish people would try to remember that they are at a family park and dress like it.

One thing that bothers me is the clothes people wear. I could post a picture or two of what I mean, but they would probably close the thread.

I wish people would try to remember that they are at a family park and dress like it.

Are you implying then that the problem is more about the clothing they aren't wearing?

People should stop cursing at Disney. Don't they realize there are kids around? Another one is people who think Epcot is the Children's Museum, MK is WDW, AK is The Zoo, and MGM is Universal.

I hate watching people of any age, grope and kiss each other, in public, but especially in a family oriented place, like Disney. I don't mean a simple peck on the lips or cheek or holding hands or tasteful hugging. I mean full embrace, holding and sensual rubbing and lots of kissing. The long gazes into each other's eyes, while rubbing each other slowly- and inappropriately- and kissing because you won't go back to your room, so everyone gets to see how much in love you are, even the kids standing in line, with you, at Dumbo.

I can deal with or ignore, just about, anything else but, this is the one and only thing that really burns me up

ITA. A hug and a peck on the lips is fine. But I've seen people at WDW making out and on top of each other on a bench! I'm a teenager, and I do that sometimes, like most teenagers, but certainly not at WDW!

Another things, I speak Portuguese almost perfectly fluently, although I am not, and do not, look Brazilian. I say it to them in English, they say "no english" I say it in Portuguese. And their mouths drop, and they follow what I say.

People who stop in the middle of the row at a show.

#1 for me! Last summer, the CM in Philharmagic said it to a group of people like 3 times and then went over and showed them how to get up and move like the other 500 people. It was AWESOME! :banana:

Let's see, pet peeve #1 would have to be:

1) Line cutters! (Not 1 person catching up, but half a family or group. Bonus points if they are getting directions from the 'front half of the party' via cell phone.)
2) Kids who chase the ducks/rabbits/birds (and the dimwitted parents who let them)
3) People who are obnoxiously loud and disruptive during shows/rides
4) People who break off pieces of the hanging plants at the MK bus stops! (This is actually something I've witnessed several times on recent trips. Yes, the plants are beautiful--just imagine how beautiful they would be if people would LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!)
5) Kids on heelies weaving their way in and out of people.

I began going with my family to Disney in '72---so I feel as if I've grown up with the MK (and the other theme parks as they came about)----so I guess it feels personal when I. . .

- witness disrespectful 'guests' and disrespectful behavior. The CMs can tell guests until they are blue-in-the-face to not sit on the handrails. . .and people just ignore them---or are just clueless that they are even doing it?!

-disrespectful 'guests' that litter (especially those that do it openly!) and/or destroy Disney property (picking at the plants. . .or try their hand at tossing stuff while on attractions to see if they can get it to become part of the attraction!?)

-disrespectful 'guests' that decide it is ok to talk loudly on an attraction and/or preview area. I know I've experienced the Haunted Mansion a hundred times and know the chamber narration by heart. . .but I still like to HEAR it. . .

-disrespectful guests that choose not to refrain from their flash photography or any other behavior that is frowned upon by Disney CMs.

. . .well, I could go on and on. . .but you get the idea. . .those 'guests' who think of nothing other than their own selves. . . just plain rude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter