Youngest for Disney

Cora's Mom

Wish I could live at DISNEY
What was the youngest you have taken to WDW? Is two or three months far to young? Will be staying onsite, along with DH & DD who will be 5 yrs. Thinking could bringing soft front carrier & dbl if not just single stroller (kids could switch on & off). What do you think? Thanks Gretchen

On our 1st WDW trip with DS (we lived in N.J. then --) he was only 7mos old and it was absolutely wonderful. I'd take both the snuggli carrier and the double stroller, they worked out perfect for us.;)

Take advantage of the baby care centers in each of the 4 big parks. They were so great!! Nice CLEAN cushy changing tables (less germy than the regular bathrooms IMHO), Special rooms for nursing mom's - which was so great, a kitchen to heat or make bottles and/or babyfood, and a room for older babies with high chairs for feeding. And all of this is free of charge!!:Pinkbounc :D :Pinkbounc

They also sell various items like diapers, baby food, etc. in case you find that you've run out of anything or forgotten something you need back at the hotel.

In any case, Disney makes traveling with a baby so easy so go and enjoy!!

P.S. -- I've heard of people traveling with a baby as young as 3weeks;)

I always say it depends on your baby! I would never have done it with a 3 month old as none of mine were sleeping through the night at that time. The youngest we ever went with was when DS was 5 months. He was a very happy easy baby! We nursed in dark shows so did not go to the baby care centers very often, though I agree they are nice. Our older girls were 4 and 2 at the time and we all had a great time! We also lived close to Disney at the time so we did not have to fly. I would have been concerned about germs and stuff if we would have flown.

LOL, laceemouse! If I had to wait until my 3 1/2 year old daughter slept though the night to go to WDW, we still wouldn't be there ;). She still wakes up at night :rolleyes:.

We took her for the first time when she was only 4 months. It was a great time! My sister brought her youngest when he was about 7 weeks old. In the summer.

The Baby Care centers are very nice, but I would not rely on them exclusively. Make sure you bring a nice changing pad because the changing tables in the bathrooms are hard, cold metal.

we planning a trip in December with a 3 or 4 month old (depending on if its' early like it's sister, or late like it's mother)

I am starting to panic a little that we are mad but my dd was a very easy baby, and we have been twice in recent years, so we don't need to see and do everything, this can just be a nice relaxed trip.

My dd will be just 6, and we are planning on 1 stroller and a sling for restaruants/lines etc, and renting if necessary for my eldest, but I expect she will walk quite well

Bev

Thanks for everyone's help. I figured that if the baby was not sleeping through the night that we could switch on/off of getting up & then that person could sleep in or take a nap when the baby did - while the other one took dd to park or pool. DD was a very easy baby - hopfully another will be as easy. Thanks again.

We took our youngest (now eleven) to DL when he was only two weeks. I had a great time - took him in a front carrier pouch all day - he seemed happy at the time. When we got back to the hotel for naptime (for our two older girls) I realized that he had gotten a blister in a very sensitive area! I guess it was from the friction of my walking and the movement of the pouch. Anyway, I got him a band-aid and he didn't seem too bothered by it. I felt terrible, of course. The moral of my story is: when a small child is confined to a stroller or pack its a good idea to check for areas that might rub a lot. I'm grateful that he doesn't have any subconcious fears of Disney...

Audrey

Our DD was 3 months old on her first trip. Our DS was 2 1/2 at the time. Everything went great. She was sleeping through the night which helped. We took a double stroller which is nice just to carry stuff in even if the older kid doesn't want to sit. My tip is to take twice as many diapers as you think you'll need. For some reason our kids always seemed to soak themselves at WDW - we could never figure out why. Maybe because it's hot and we try to keep them hydrated. If possible, try to get a hotel where you can park outside your room (like Dixie Landings/Riverside). If the baby is screaming in the middle of the night you can take him to the car to not disturb the other guests or for a short drive to get him back to sleep. We have the cutest pix from that trip of Mickey holding our DD. Have fun!

Last year when we took our family trip in Sept my 2 youngest were 2.5 yrs and 5 months. They did really well. I was worried that it might change his sleep pattern--he slept all night--it didnt, he slept great. I found these great little clip on fans that I clipped on each stroller so the 2 littles would have a little air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter