You, yes all of you....You are the evil ones, lol

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
A week ago, I posted that this board was evil, as it was encouraging me to obsess over trips that won't take place for months, even years, and that it was keeping me online at all hours of the night trying to find the best "bang for my buck" with points.

Now that I rethink it, it is YOU - all of you - that are evil, lol. Here I was, happy with my measly 210 points, excited that I was going to be vacationing in a beautiful SSR studio....Now, last night, well past my bedtime, I found myself babbling to my wife about how a 1BR is the "only way to go" and that, furthermore, "the only way to go" is to buy more points so we can at least be guaranteed a 1BR for a week every year. And then, as she built a wall between us with pillows and tried to ignore my rationalization, I concluded that "the only way to go" is to create special bank accounts where our Disney money can be squirreled away so that we can afford TWO - yes TWO - trips a year to take advantage of those AP's that we are now going to buy....the same AP's that I had no intention of buying a few weeks ago.

Evil, I tell ya. Evil!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

A week ago, I posted that this board was evil, as it was encouraging me to obsess over trips that won't take place for months, even years, and that it was keeping me online at all hours of the night trying to find the best "bang for my buck" with points.

Now that I rethink it, it is YOU - all of you - that are evil, lol. Here I was, happy with my measly 210 points, excited that I was going to be vacationing in a beautiful SSR studio....Now, last night, well past my bedtime, I found myself babbling to my wife about how a 1BR is the "only way to go" and that, furthermore, "the only way to go" is to buy more points so we can at least be guaranteed a 1BR for a week every year. And then, as she built a wall between us with pillows and tried to ignore my rationalization, I concluded that "the only way to go" is to create special bank accounts where our Disney money can be squirreled away so that we can afford TWO - yes TWO - trips a year to take advantage of those AP's that we are now going to buy....the same AP's that I had no intention of buying a few weeks ago.

Evil, I tell ya. Evil!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Welcome to the dark side...:rotfl:

OMG - you're a guy! All this time I thought you were a gal. Not sure why. :confused3

But we all feel your pain. Especially us who have "been around" the DIS for a number of years. You've only been registered for a month or so, but don't think the obsession is a novelty and will end soon. It goes on and on and on and on... well you get the idea.

YOUR WIFE --> :worship: :surfweb: <-- YOU

Looking forward to many years of DISing/DVCing with you!!! :grouphug:

:rotfl2:

Oh my, your posts are funny! I will say that as the years go by, I think the obsessions with this board and the points do lessen. If I would have kept up the pace of my first year's posting, I would probably be at 30,000 posts by this time! I'm definitely slacking off. We've tripled our initial buy-in of points, but haven't done any add ons this year.

Bobbi:)

It's an evil disease that seems to be very contagious! It's infected us all!

Yes, we are DVC borg. Resistance is silly!

:thumbsup2

Yeah, let's blame it on "I've got an 11 month booking window at BCV,BWV, VWL and AKV" DVC Mike. :cool1:

Hey, I haven't done a points add-on since the middle of March. That's over 2 months -- a new record for me!

And to think that I used to spend all of my spare internet time watching silly stuff like this!!! Aside from a few new dance moves, what did THAT ever get me?

My latest DVC related obsessions:
1) trying to figure out the differences between AAA discounts, AP discounts, and DVC discounts, not to mention whether the Disney credit card is worth it
2) trying to convince my father to charge all of his business bills (which are pretty considerable) to a credit card with air miles so that he can donate the miles to my family....so we can take even more trips to Disney with the add-ons that we have yet to add on.
3) staying up all night fearing that a lack of "guaranteed booking categories" at SSR (something I didn't even know bout until today) will result in me getting a room with a dumpster view.
4) wondering if KT will be named KT, and if it isn't, what it will be named....and if I even care since no one even knows if it is DVC.
5) thinking it would be cool if they built some DVC villas into Spaceship Earth.

You sound just like to me to my DH last week..we went from 210 to 260 overnight. It is an evil addiction!!! :rotfl2:

you sound just like my husband:)

we are going 3 times this year (with our measley 150 points) and that is not enough for him....now he wants to plan to go in January......and he is making me save money so we can buy into the Contemporary DVC.....evil is right;)

we are going 3 times this year (with our measley 150 points) and that is not enough for him....now he wants to plan to go in January......and he is making me save money so we can buy into the Contemporary DVC.....evil is right;)

What a mean, horrible husband! :rotfl2: We have our original 200 points. I have only just begun thinking about an add-on but I doubt it will happen in the near future. We have one son in college and another following soon.

Can you have your husband call my husband and knock some sense into him?? I'm "doing" DVC all by myself because he just doesnt care for Disney in general! :confused3 What a party pooper, huh?

Ok, I'll try to actually be helpful.

I :lovestruc my 100 pts!

Remember, 5 weeknights in January at Boardwalk standard studio IS GOOD!!!
S-T-R-E-T-C-H!!!!!!!
S - T - R - E - T - C - H ! ! ! !
S - T - R - E - T - C - H ! ! ! !

Er..Ummm...When are they announcing the BLT? :rolleyes1

-----------------

Here is me :surfweb: and DH popcorn:: when I'm on the DIS
Here is me :furious: and DH :surfweb: , when he is on the DIS

Got to love this!!!! We are actually remodeling our house using the Disney Card to get the points!!! the only down side is we can only get a total of 750 points, we are remodeling to the tune of 195k, If we can only get that full amount, 1,950 points!!! oh well, maybe we need to get a second and maybe a third Disney Card!!

The insanity continues!!!

I love reading about people as obsessed (or more) than I am! My DH sometimes thinks I've lost my mind - he used to be the crazy Disney planner but I've far surpassed him. We have been going once a year but in a span of 14 months (8/07 to 10/08) we'll have taken 3 trips to WDW. Now I'm trying to convince him that we really need to add-on at BWV or BCV :idea: . Then I think I'll be satisfied ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter