You, yes all of you....You are the evil ones, lol

1. I love your style!:rotfl2:

2. Thanks for the link to Rubber Man'. He was quite a dancer! :dancer:

I love all these stories, now I don't feel so crazy and alone, this is definitely an addiction. My DD (5) is in preschool mon to thur for 2 1/2 hours which I should spend, I don't know :confused3 maybe cleaning, doing laundry, working out - but no the only workout I get is using my fingers to get around this site :lmao:

A week ago, I posted that this board was evil, as it was encouraging me to obsess over trips that won't take place for months, even years, and that it was keeping me online at all hours of the night trying to find the best "bang for my buck" with points.

Now that I rethink it, it is YOU - all of you - that are evil, lol. Here I was, happy with my measly 210 points, excited that I was going to be vacationing in a beautiful SSR studio....Now, last night, well past my bedtime, I found myself babbling to my wife about how a 1BR is the "only way to go" and that, furthermore, "the only way to go" is to buy more points so we can at least be guaranteed a 1BR for a week every year. And then, as she built a wall between us with pillows and tried to ignore my rationalization, I concluded that "the only way to go" is to create special bank accounts where our Disney money can be squirreled away so that we can afford TWO - yes TWO - trips a year to take advantage of those AP's that we are now going to buy....the same AP's that I had no intention of buying a few weeks ago.

Evil, I tell ya. Evil!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:
hay rutgers1 , there is a dis dads club thread you can join!!! you will meet about 200 or so other married w/kid men with the same problem you have!! disneyholics!! :thumbsup2

Hey, I haven't done a points add-on since the middle of March. That's over 2 months -- a new record for me!

I can't believe I remembered all the resorts you own at. :rotfl2:

Geez I would add-on if we could get the same "goodies" they offered at the CA member meeting! Otherwise I'm waiting for the big sandwich, BLT.

Thanks for sharing and making me not feel so evil actually.....I have been lurking around the boards for a long time since I have ALWAYS LOVED disney, but just became DVC members last month with a measly 200 points. I am forcing myself to atleast wait until our first trip before adding on ......only 6 months to go!

We literally bought 300 pts 2 weeks ago mainly to take the family on vacations every other year, and we come home and hubby sees the few points required for OKW and now wants a 180 pt contract there so we can go every other year in a 2bd and treat our friends! :) So essentially if we alternate years, we can go every year!!

But alas, we are going to have to wait a little while on the add on. Just cant quite afford it yet. I already spent my speculative raise on the maintenance fees on the 300 pts! :)

HA HA HA........I have been saving alot of $$$$ for a while without telling my hubby cause I knew we had a lot of things coming up this summer....I was so happy to surprise him with my savings nest egg today. When he asked what where/what are we going to spend it all on. I replied that I just wanted him to know what we really have so he could also start figuring accordingly.....He waited a few minutes and said ....OH NO.....You want more points dont you.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Of course I told him no that this was for all the things we need to do.

Between you and I , I missed a resale by only 30 minutes at the TSS last week prior to his knowledge of the nest egg.....:rotfl: :rotfl:

You say "addiction" like it's a bad thing ;) .
Come on in, the water's fine.:cool1:
And drink the Kool-aid while you're here--it's delicious.:drinking1
I know I have to stay off the boards whenever a new resort is in presale; what I 'think' we can afford really gets skewed when addonitis hits.

Hey, I haven't done a points add-on since the middle of March. That's over 2 months -- a new record for me!

AND it was you I thought of Sunday night as we were listening to the presentation in California..."buy where you want to stay is what DVC Mike says, maybe we need those 100 points in 2 50 point contracts at AKV. Then each DD would have a 50 point AKV contract." What was really scary was the longer my DH drank the "kool aid", the more positive he was and even agreed to meet with our guide on Monday. BUT after touring the VGC models, he didn't want the AKV add on, he wants MORE points at VGC first. THEN add on the AKV or BWV points.

hmmm, what was in that water at the reception? :rotfl:

AND it was you I thought of Sunday night as we were listening to the presentation in California..."buy where you want to stay is what DVC Mike says, maybe we need those 100 points in 2 50 point contracts at AKV. Then each DD would have a 50 point AKV contract." What was really scary was the longer my DH drank the "kool aid", the more positive he was and even agreed to meet with our guide on Monday. BUT after touring the VGC models, he didn't want the AKV add on, he wants MORE points at VGC first. THEN add on the AKV or BWV points.

I'm ready to add-on at both VGC at DLR and the new DVC at the Contemporary (I just can't seem to call it BLT yet). That's the only reason I've been holding off on other add-ons.

Go ahead, drink the Kool-aid. You'll be fine... trust me. ;)

DVC Mike....How many points do you have? How do you use them (how many trips, how big of a place, etc.)?

I don't know if I will ever go hog wild and purchase as many as I would like, but then again, I think of how much money friends spend for beach houses that they only use for a fraction of the year and suddenly 1,000 DVC points doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Rutgers, it is funny you mention the beach house concept. My hubby and I are DINK's so we have no kids, and are in pretty good financial position for our age. We are 32 and 37 respectively and in 10 yrs will have our house paid off. We figured we would just get a second home somewhere nice when the 1st house was paid off, but now we are thinking more timeshares or DVC points (when the house is paid off, we might actually be able to afford 1000pts!) :) As long as we have internet access, we can work from just about anywhere so vacation time isn't much of a concern either!

DVC Mike....How many points do you have? How do you use them (how many trips, how big of a place, etc.)?

I only have 700 points, although with upcoming VGC and Contemporary add-ons, I should be close to 1000. I keep trying to catch up with bobbiwoz, but she keeps adding on more points. :laughing:

We go to WDW 4 times a year for a minimum of 8 nights per trip and we typically stay in a 1-BR even though there is only two of us. If we opted for just a Studio, we could go many more times. The only problem is I only get 4 weeks of vacation (maybe I should move to Europe where they get more vacation time?).

I like having the 11-month home resort booking advantage at my four favorite resorts, and look forward to the same at VGC and Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter