You won't believe which attraction gave me the most trouble reserving Fastpass

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
I was online right at 7 am this morning. After a frustrating start trying to use Firefox, I switched to Internet Explorer and was able to make Fastpasses for all of my preferred attractions on my planned days.

Then I went back to modify the times to my preferred timeslot and, through several iterations, was able to get all but one attraction within 5 to 10 minutes of my plan. Woo-hoo.

The kicker is the one attraction that refuses to cooperate:

Journey into Imagination with Figment - on day 60+6

I'm laughing over here. We all know that every single timeslot is widely open for this attraction that far out. No worries. My time is close enough but my OCD tendencies made me try several times to modify it to a precise time.

Meanwhile, Flight of Passage on BOTH of our AK days, Frozen Ever After & Test Track on our two EP days, and Mine Train on one of our MK days were no problem at all!

I think it's one of those throwaway FP that people are booking just to book something so they can get to a second tier 1 FP more quickly. I have noticed it's been booking a lot more quickly, especially early in the day, than it used to.

Of course, it could all be a figment of your imagination . . .

Think about when you're going and the fact that you get 2 tier two's in a park with limited options to begin with and very limited GOOD tier two options.
Besides its not like you couldn't get one just not at your exact OCD time lol.

So. When you have something you have no intention of using but you have to use it to get a shot at getting another tier 1. Do y'all actually go scan?

I was online right at 7 am this morning. After a frustrating start trying to use Firefox, I switched to Internet Explorer and was able to make Fastpasses for all of my preferred attractions on my planned days.

Then I went back to modify the times to my preferred timeslot and, through several iterations, was able to get all but one attraction within 5 to 10 minutes of my plan. Woo-hoo.

The kicker is the one attraction that refuses to cooperate:

Journey into Imagination with Figment - on day 60+6

I'm laughing over here. We all know that every single timeslot is widely open for this attraction that far out. No worries. My time is close enough but my OCD tendencies made me try several times to modify it to a precise time.

Meanwhile, Flight of Passage on BOTH of our AK days, Frozen Ever After & Test Track on our two EP days, and Mine Train on one of our MK days were no problem at all!

That is hilarious. I had to rearrange my MK days over ETwB. Got FOP perfectly.

So. When you have something you have no intention of using but you have to use it to get a shot at getting another tier 1. Do y'all actually go scan?

It's my opinion that if you have ZERO intention of using it then don't get it to begin with.
Find a second tier two that you are actually going to utilize.
Besides at Epcot in particular other than Illuminations its rather unlikely to get a second tier one after using all 3FP+ anyways.
At least that has been my experience.
Personally I get a tier 1 for either TT, FEA, or Soarin. Then I RD one of them and then I want however long for the other one.

I will never figure out for the life of me how that attraction got so ridiculously popular after they started implementing FP+. Before that existed, people would have forgotten that ride even existed. I blame the messed up tier system at Epcot where nearly all the rides in Tier 2 are rides that people don't even know exist at Epcot.

What does all this mean? I do my fast passes this week, and I’m confused. So do you just scan the one you don’t want but don’t get in line? If you only pick two fastpasses does that mean you can’t get any more?

What does all this mean? I do my fast passes this week, and I’m confused. So do you just scan the one you don’t want but don’t get in line? If you only pick two fastpasses does that mean you can’t get any more?

You dont have to scan - if you don't you can just let it run out past the hour (why most people schedule the throw away for early in the day). If you only make two fast passes for Epcot or HS (tiered parks) then you can only make a tier 2 as your third. People book a throwaway so that it expires and then they can try to get another tier 1 fp after they have used all three

You can’t get a fourth FP until either you use the first three or their time expires. So to try to shorten the window of time, people will use their tier one, then try to move one of the tier two earlier. If successful they tap the FP, but don’t go in. Then they try to move their third FP earlier. If successful they do it again. So instead of waiting three hours to get a fourth FP they might get it in as little as an hour, if they’re lucky. Too much work for me. I use mine.

Oh wow my head hurts reading all this! We haven’t been for awhile so I won’t do anything fancy like that. I’m hoping just to get three FP for things we want to ride!

Oh wow my head hurts reading all this! We haven’t been for awhile so I won’t do anything fancy like that. I’m hoping just to get three FP for things we want to ride!
The FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky has all the steps and photos to help increase your chances of booking a 2nd Tier 1 FP for the same park.

There are also park hopping tips to explain how after you’ve used a FP in Park#1, you can then book FPs for Park#2 and even for Park#3.

For anyone who is talking about a "throwaway" FP+ for Epcot, don't forget about the character spot FP+. My DSs (ages 13 & 16), DNephew (age 3), and DNieces (ages 5-13) had so much fun there! The characters were so interactive and awesome with them. Some of my favorite pictures from our trip came from that character spot. Don't waste a FP just because you think your kids might be to old to meet the characters. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter