You will swear I'm making this up!

JenniBugInPink

Nobody has seen them since 1982
I would not believe this if I read it. I would think the poster was a nut who just didn't know anything about the Internet or computers. I assure you that is not the case. My husband has been a programmer since back in the days of Cobal. I am a data analyst. We make our living using computers.

Right now our Internet is down, but for some reason, I can still access disboards.com. It's the only site I can get to, and I know if I close the window, I will probably lose it too. Husband doesn't have access at all. I really need a phone number for Charter, preferably Charter in TN. Upper East TN would be amazing!! I can't look it up cause it isn't listed on disboards (would you believe I actually did a search, just in case?). So, can someone please post a service number for Charter Cable? The one number I have, 888-438-2427, has been busy for THREE SOLID HOURS!! I've got trip planning stuff to do and this will not work! HELP!!! :badpc::scared::badpc:

Interestingly, I can't get to the wdwinfo part of the site, and I'm not just getting cached stuff, cause I see new posts when they get posted. I'm really interested to see what happens when I try to post this thread...

That's the number on the website for Customer Service I see.

I checked their Twitter account and they're not responding to anyone about service issues.

Uh...Can you email at all? I can find an email address maybe?

Charter

To order new service call 1-877-906-9121

Found that number under Charter customer service-hard to find TN versus anywhere else on their site! But at least they should be able to transfer you!

I can see 3 numbers for charter in eastern TN off the bat...
888-502-6913
888-987-7721
877-249-8628

all show Seiverville (spelling?)
can you give me another city to search?

We are down too but I have seen many posts ( I switched my iPhone off wi-fi) to try to change your DNS server to 8.8.4.4 We did and now can use the internet.

I've seen many posts on a few boards about issues with Charter. If you change your DNS to a different server (4.2.2.2 or 8.8.8.8 are public ones), this will get you up and running. How to change your DNS depends on what your computer is running.

I googled it for you - not sure if this is the right number...?
1-855-709-3866

says it's for tech support.

Thanks!!!! It at least rings...it rings 3 times, then changes to a busy signal. I think things aren't going well in Charterland.

If anyone finds any other alternatives, I'm open to suggestions. I'm getting a bit frustrated, as you might imagine. :furious:

charter cable sales in Kingsport - 423.398.1585

charter communications Johnson City 877.222.6983 & 423.274.3245

Charter cable sales Morristown 423.714.7393

:disrocks::disrocks: :rockband: :disrocks::disrocks:

Ok, I've now tried enough numbers that I feel pretty confident that the problem is definitely Charter's, not something here. Never got through (all busy). You guys are so great!! Nobody said I was a crazy old lady, either! :crazy2:

Pixie dust on all of you! pixiedust: And hugs all around! :grouphug: I'm giving up and watching the best race in Nascar - Bristol, even though it's not going the way I want it to either, LOL (guess what town in TN I'm in?). :car:

I would not believe this if I read it. I would think the poster was a nut who just didn't know anything about the Internet or computers. I assure you that is not the case. My husband has been a programmer since back in the days of Cobal. I am a data analyst. We make our living using computers.

Right now our Internet is down, but for some reason, I can still access disboards.com. It's the only site I can get to, and I know if I close the window, I will probably lose it too. Husband doesn't have access at all. I really need a phone number for Charter, preferably Charter in TN. Upper East TN would be amazing!! I can't look it up cause it isn't listed on disboards (would you believe I actually did a search, just in case?). So, can someone please post a service number for Charter Cable? The one number I have, 888-438-2427, has been busy for THREE SOLID HOURS!! I've got trip planning stuff to do and this will not work! HELP!!! :badpc::scared::badpc:

Interestingly, I can't get to the wdwinfo part of the site, and I'm not just getting cached stuff, cause I see new posts when they get posted. I'm really interested to see what happens when I try to post this thread...
In NE TN and totally relate. It appears to be a large outage. No numbers are working for Charter. Lots of posts on their FB page too.

I am in MA and have Charter. Our internet was down for about 4 hrs this evening, but I figured it was our router and we reset it about 10 times, rebooted everything, and figured we would have to call in the morning when ours came back--I hope yours starts behaving soon.

OP, I'm in NE Alabama, and several of my local FB friends are complaining their Charter internet is down.

I saw a few friends of mine post on FB that Charter is down on the whole east coast. One changed the DNS settings and is able to get to the internet again.

I'm in AL, and a local newspaper just posted on FB that Charter is down in many areas across the nation. Their customer support lines are down, and they don't have an estimated time for restoration. So sorry for all you Charter folks.

Some people on FB are saying that changing your DNS settings to Google will solve the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!