You Want to Go Where? A 4th of July Weekend PTR

All caught up! I think its great that your DH wanted to take the DL trip and yeah for cheap airfare however you can get it! :woohoo: Can't let that go to waste! ;)

Is your DS 16 getting tired of traveling with you guys? My DS 17 (he'll be a senior next year) has had it. Our next trip to Disney will probably be his last. Oh well. It was fun having him along while it lasted.

I'm so excited and jealous!!!!!

The flights sound like you got some great pricing! Plane stalker lol!

Can't wait to hear what Steve cooked up as the way to surprise them!!!

:woohoo:
Let the airline stress begin....:rotfl:
Well... no stress for this trip. For our fall trip.:scared: That one I have to take care of... I think today... but I know Kira will lose her mind if I book the flights without her. :rolleyes: However, it doesn't make sense for me to wait for her...and pay more, right? Today they went down to the lowest I have seen them!!!

:rotfl2: I know... I can't fixate a bit, can't I? But our flights are all booked for CA trip.

All caught up! I think its great that your DH wanted to take the DL trip and yeah for cheap airfare however you can get it! :woohoo: Can't let that go to waste! ;)

Is your DS 16 getting tired of traveling with you guys? My DS 17 (he'll be a senior next year) has had it. Our next trip to Disney will probably be his last. Oh well. It was fun having him along while it lasted.

He totally is. In fact, Steve yesterday began questioning if we should tell him so that he doesn't completely turn into grumpy teen for the weekend..thus ruining it for the rest of us.

I'm so excited and jealous!!!!!

The flights sound like you got some great pricing! Plane stalker lol!

Can't wait to hear what Steve cooked up as the way to surprise them!!!

I am a total plane stalker. It is true ::yes::

It isn't that Steve so much cooked up a way to surprise them as a way that we can do it not at 3am on 7/6

So I went ahead and started my fall PTR. I spent all day trying to catch up on dis, so I am only up to having introdutions done.. but its a start. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Yeah, I think that is typical. I just totally forgot how little time it will take us to get down there. The last time we went, our room wasn't ready (we stayed at Desert Palms on Katella) we ended up storing our luggage until that evening. So they have lockers? :scrachin hmm... the other place had a room that had everyones stored luggage. Kinda odd in a sense... but it worked.

Unfortunittly they don't have a luggage storage room, but the lockers they have are very large and can handle a few bags each they cost about a dollar in quaters. I actually like it better then where the Disneyland Hotel has there luguge storage outside the hotel.

Unfortunittly they don't have a luggage storage room, but the lockers they have are very large and can handle a few bags each they cost about a dollar in quaters. I actually like it better then where the Disneyland Hotel has there luguge storage outside the hotel.

Thanks so much for the info! When I first began reading your post, I thought" hmm.. I wonder how much the cost and if I need change" You answered my question without me asking it. :thumbsup2

Yay! Two Ann PTRs! Your plans for DLR sound good so far. Three days will be plenty, I think. Sure, it will be busy because it is summer, but I think you will be just filne! You will definitely be able to hit all the major attractions!

Thanks so much for the info! When I first began reading your post, I thought" hmm.. I wonder how much the cost and if I need change" You answered my question without me asking it. :thumbsup2

I figured I should mention that as it's gotten me having to check that I have US quarters on me as I'm from Canada.

Also it's funny how you were talking about flights it's odd as no mater which Disney resort I head to with the change of time my arrival time will be about the same. For example if I take a direct flight from Toronto to MCO leaving at 9:00 Am the flight will arrive at about 12:30 Pm, and when I've flown to to west coat either direct or making a connection I still have gotten there around 12:30 Pm local time.

Yay! Two Ann PTRs! Your plans for DLR sound good so far. Three days will be plenty, I think. Sure, it will be busy because it is summer, but I think you will be just filne! You will definitely be able to hit all the major attractions!

I am super excited to do a few of the things that WDW does not have, like Indiana Jones and the Matterhorn. I think we will skip those rides that we can do in WDW. That should help to stretch our time

BTW, glad you are here. :goodvibes

I figured I should mention that as it's gotten me having to check that I have US quarters on me as I'm from Canada.

Also it's funny how you were talking about flights it's odd as no mater which Disney resort I head to with the change of time my arrival time will be about the same. For example if I take a direct flight from Toronto to MCO leaving at 9:00 Am the flight will arrive at about 12:30 Pm, and when I've flown to to west coat either direct or making a connection I still have gotten there around 12:30 Pm local time.

That is funny about the arrival times! At least you know that you should arrive the same time either place. :goodvibes

Holy cow! I have been doing a ton of reading..researching. It has been a VERY long time since I have been to DLR.

Here are some differences I am noticing...

Food: Well, I don't think we will be eating at the parks as much as we do in WDW. With or without the dp, the food at DLR seems to all priced like signature WDW restaurants. Just today I was reading up on their fantasmic preferred seating. $I believe it was like $60 pp. or $50 per kid. That would be almost $300 just to get a little dessert box and slightly better seats. :eek:

Since I am on the subject.. Fantasmic: The do not have a theater for it but rather set up chairs and rope of areas for people to stand. :confused: Lighting for it comes up out of the ground that during the day people walk over.

Ok, so I fixate of food... but back to food: TS options are limited and reviews I read of some of the top restaurants with prices more in line with CRT for a character meal... those reviews equate the food to "fundraiser" food. :confused::confused:

Proximity: I had totally forgot about this important benefit. Everything is sooo close. Once we get to the area from the airport, we will basically walk everywhere. How cool is that?

Oh.. but getting from the airport. Disneyland Express: Not like DME. We do have to pay for it... it is not free. However, unlike DME that ONLY go to WDW resorts, this one goes to the Good neighbor Hotels.

I think I have to change some of my thoughts in how I tour parks... this is for sure going to be a bit different than WDW.

I am still trying to put together the plans for when we reveal to the younger kids the plan. It will be a pretty simple thing... but for it to work I need to book a room for us to stay the night before we fly out. Keeping in mind I am trying to make this trip as low cost as possible, I am not wanting to spend a fortune on a one night (not even 12 hours) stay. Maybe I could get some opinions. I could go with the absolute lowest... spend approx. $70 and have a pretty bare bones place. No matter where we stay we will be leaving too early to enjoy breakfast, so having breakfast available doesn't matter. All we really need is a bed and the access to their airport shuttle. Another option we have is to spend twice as much and have a suite with an evening reception that we would be able to take advantage of. Or.. yet another is to spend that same higher amount and stay in a place that is joined to a small amusement center. Aside from a bed and a shuttle... having a pool (and even the low cost option has a pool...just maybe not one I would want to swim in. :rotfl:) would help in keeping the kids guessing a bit. The hotel near the amusement center would do that the most... but do we really need to go to a rinky dink amusement house when we are about to go to DLR? We have stayed in the last two options and both places are comfortable.

Well, I guess I will think on this some more... it is late and I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. (and thus probably not constructing the most coherent sentences either)

Just a month...

You were semi coherent..... Only a tiny bit of rambling!

I'm still just so excited for you! Ashley gave me a present yesterday... she wants help planning her families trip for January 2014... An 8 adult, 3 kids trip!

You were semi coherent..... Only a tiny bit of rambling!

I'm still just so excited for you! Ashley gave me a present yesterday... she wants help planning her families trip for January 2014... An 8 adult, 3 kids trip!

:rotfl: glad it wasn't too bad...

isn't it funny that we consider help planning another persons trip a present? I know... I think I live for trip planning.

BTW... in case I haven't said it before... I LOVE your ticker. :goodvibes

:rotfl: glad it wasn't too bad...

isn't it funny that we consider help planning another persons trip a present? I know... I think I live for trip planning.

BTW... in case I haven't said it before... I LOVE your ticker. :goodvibes

My coworker is going with her family to (enough to fill 2 Treehouses) this coming week.. She's not even excited!

I think the only other one who has seen it is Tammie. And she loves the name too!

There is something in the water, because a friend of ours has decided to surprise their kids with a trip to WDW at Christmas and want me to plan it...although I am not so sure they are up to my style of touring! They are way too laid back and sleep in way too much and stay up way too late!

I don't think you are rambling Ann, but of course I am used to it after about 18 months of your posts! :rotfl:

I think the only other one who has seen it is Tammie. And she loves the name too!

As to the trip name...do you think we will take on WDW and win...my bet is WDW has not seen the likes of 8 OCD planners together at the same time!:rotfl2:

Just a tip on skipping like attractions to WDW other then Sorin over California and Toy story mania everything else is actually worth doing as they are some differences to the WDW conterparts. For example Pirates is longer in DL and Hunted mansion is different too, and small world has the addition of the charters in it.

My coworker is going with her family to (enough to fill 2 Treehouses) this coming week.. She's not even excited!

I love the name too

There is something in the water, because a friend of ours has decided to surprise their kids with a trip to WDW at Christmas and want me to plan it...although I am not so sure they are up to my style of touring! They are way too laid back and sleep in way too much and stay up way too late!

I think I would have a hard time planning for someone else. I think it is hard enough planning when others will be on a trip with me... let alone a trip entirely without me.

I don't think you are rambling Ann, but of course I am used to it after about 18 months of your posts! :rotfl:

:lmao::lmao:

As to the trip name...do you think we will take on WDW and win...my bet is WDW has not seen the likes of 8 OCD planners together at the same time!:rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Just a tip on skipping like attractions to WDW other then Sorin over California and Toy story mania everything else is actually worth doing as they are some differences to the WDW conterparts. For example Pirates is longer in DL and Hunted mansion is different too, and small world has the addition of the charters in it.

I think I should have been more clear. I totally agree with you. I can't wait to ride POTC cause... it is WAY better. And.. I almost can't (and actually didn't on our last trip) go on IASW in WDW because I so love how beautiful it looks in DLR. So there are some that are in WDW that I really HAVE to do in DL. Things like Astro Orbitor and Tomorrowland Speedway... probably not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter