You have to cut something from your monthly spending, what are you cutting?

My first would probably be the internet. I lived without it for a majority of my life so it would be an easy adjustment if I had to.

Can't think of anything, our spending is pretty bare bones.

Diet Pepsi for me, Arizona Diet Green Tea for my husband…

Food and drinks on bowling night. This is our one date twice a month. We would just eat before we leave.

I wouldn't mind cutting our weekly pizza order out, in favor of making one at home. Less expensive and somewhat healthier that way. I'm outvoted though.

We've got several streaming services. We dropped Netflix a few months ago and we'll probably drop Apple TV+, at least until the next season of Ted Lasso premieres (if it ever does :( ).
We cut HBO, if Netflix goes to charging people out of the house I'll cut it. I don't use it, my parents do and my kids out of state. So They can get it for themselves. I'd like to cut out vaping. I smoked for years and switched to vaping, I am desperately trying to quit but it's fricken hard. I've already cut out soda, just so pricey. We rarely go out to eat.
Financially we are fine, I just regularly look at costs and decide what I can do without.

We cut HBO, if Netflix goes to charging people out of the house I'll cut it. I don't use it, my parents do and my kids out of state. So They can get it for themselves. I'd like to cut out vaping. I smoked for years and switched to vaping, I am desperately trying to quit but it's fricken hard. I've already cut out soda, just so pricey. We rarely go out to eat.
Financially we are fine, I just regularly look at costs and decide what I can do without.
We get HBO Max for free through our cell plan, and Prime is "free" (with Prime membership). We got Paramount+ and Starz for cheap through a Black Friday sale and they're paid through November. So AppleTV+ is the only streaming service we could cut that would actually save us $, at least until November.

Good luck with the vaping. My parents both died from smoking-related illnesses and I know what a tough thing it can be to stop.

We would cut DH’s golf club. It’s a decent sized monthly fee. We’ve cut it once before when the economy was bad and his sales commissions dropped substantially. When things improved, he re-joined. He’s contemplating cutting it again because we are really focusing on increasing our retirement savings now. He’s also realized he might not be playing enough to justify the expense. He could pay to play a few times a month at various courses around town and save money. But he has a lot of friends at his club that he’d miss playing with.

We’re also looking at cutting Verizon Fios and moving to YouTube TV. With the tv, internet, 4 cell phones, and land line (which we are cutting off), we pay Verizon a HUGE chunk of money each month.

We don't eat out, can't remember the last time I bought clothes. I don't drink soft drinks, just water - coffee and tea. We rarely buy snack type things, hubby does like his chips but I don't eat them. We do have UTube TV and that's about the only non-essential item we have. We have to have internet, it's hubby's job. We both have cell phones but his is used mostly for work, mine is used mostly for communicating with my son and his baby. Hubby does chew nicotine gum which is expensive but less than cigs and certainly more healthy.

I finally stopped being a lazy Lima bean and dropped cable. Haven’t finished the streaming services review but still in freebie mode so time remains.

Same here, eating out
It's amazing how expensive eating out is even if it's fast food. I'm trying to convince my husband that it would be cheaper to buy frozen food from Trader Joes than eat out as much as he wants to.
We've got several streaming services. We dropped Netflix a few months ago and we'll probably drop Apple TV+, at least until the next season of Ted Lasso premieres (if it ever does :( ).
That's my plan as well. I figure I can watch everything else I want to watch there when I join for Ted Lasso.

I've been planning to cut the cord for about a year but haven't had enough time to deal with it. We use a Roku to watch streaming media and really like it.

We just dropped cable and added YouTube TV and am saving $150/month. We could also drop our landline and save another $30 (it was free when we bundled cable/internet/phone, but by dropping cable we lost the free phone), but that is the number the schools and doctors have so I have to go through and change everything to cell numbers if we decide to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter