You have to cut something from your monthly spending, what are you cutting?

Adding one more to my post I forgot…
I desperately want Xfinity out of my life. They raised it this month and it’s a travesty. Shocking fir what I have. $238 and no HBO, or extras. It’s a Triple Play. I do like a landline even with an iPhone 14 and internet.

I’m old and not a techie. DH is definitely not a techie and still insists on an Flip phone!

I wish I knew how to use only streaming and be able to watch the news shows+ we watch. I only have Prime right now and like it a lot. But it’s absolutely overwhelming to me to think of how to do everything streaming. So I get gouged by Xfinity.

Oh if only I could…… I would drop Directv!! So stinking expensive, DH won’t even consider it. He is a channel flipper and just doesn’t do well with streaming. Also I would love to cut out DH beer and nicotine pouches. I live very modestly with vacations being my only real expenses (I drive a cheap car, wear clothes for years, shop yard sales and thrift stores) DH is EXPENSIVE. Has to have his toys. Maybe I should get rid of DH???? Nah, I’ll keep him, just have to keep him in check

Take out/dining out is something we could cut back on. Of course, eating at home is not cheap, either. Lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, and eggs are pretty high right now.
:sad2: Right? A quick stop at McDonald's or Wendy's for the three of us is close to $40.00 but to stop at my neighbourhood grocer for supper ingredients rarely gets me out of there any cheaper. To save any significant amount, what I'd really have to do is get ruthless with the meal planning and give up almost all convenience in favor of economy.

I had to do this about 5 years ago. I had to cut $300 from my budget & that was tough. The first thing to go was satellite TV (DISH) but that was pretty bare bones by then and only saved $80. I also stopped my Saturday brewery visits, which saved about $100/month (beer, food, gas) and then just really cut down on all the extras on the grocery bill, if it wasn't on sale I didn't buy it, if it was a I bought a little extra.

Now that my income has been restored to about the same level I still don't have satellite TV, brew visits are now once a month or less and I still buy generic for things.

Last edited:
Adding one more to my post I forgot…
I desperately want Xfinity out of my life. They raised it this month and it’s a travesty. Shocking fir what I have. $238 and no HBO, or extras. It’s a Triple Play. I do like a landline even with an iPhone 14 and internet.

I’m old and not a techie. DH is definitely not a techie and still insists on an Flip phone!

I wish I knew how to use only streaming and be able to watch the news shows+ we watch. I only have Prime right now and like it a lot. But it’s absolutely overwhelming to me to think of how to do everything streaming. So I get gouged by Xfinity.

Get Hulu. About $80 and includes local channels. It honestly feels like cable. Even has free dvr. Only thing I miss is hallmark channel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter