You don't have to make up a flight, a Magical express update

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I've read several times, people trying to take Magical Express after arriving to the airport by car, not by flying and going to the resort. We are in that situation in March, returning a rented car to the airport, having been staying elsewhere before our Disney resort. I called DVC member services about it, thinking I'd have to create a flight # and you do not. They just put you in a "open ended" status for that day. You can still use your magic band as you approach Magical Express and it will be valid, just call ahead to ME or in my case, DVC, give them your info that you're arriving at the airport, without a flight # and you'll be all set.

Good to know. I had heard that before, but when you go online to register or call they always asked me for my flight info so I just assumed it was necessary. I'm doing this next month and using DME the next day after our flight arrival so I'll just give them a time and see how it goes.

Good to know. I had heard that before, but when you go online to register or call they always asked me for my flight info so I just assumed it was necessary. I'm doing this next month and using DME the next day after our flight arrival so I'll just give them a time and see how it goes.
For arrival, you don't even have to give them a time. You just give them the date and tell them that you don't have flights booked.

It's always been that way, some people refuse to believe it, though.

That's because some people have experienced CMs needing them to give a flight. I think it's happening less often, but I bet some CMs still believe you have to do it.

Just like the DME rep I got once insisted that you canNOT take a one way flight because airlines won't allow it, some CMs believe other wrong things.

That's because some people have experienced CMs needing them to give a flight. I think it's happening less often, but I bet some CMs still believe you have to do it.

Just like the DME rep I got once insisted that you canNOT take a one way flight because airlines won't allow it, some CMs believe other wrong things.

WHAT????!!! Are you saying that all CMs don't have up to date info??? That they don't all know the same things??? Say it ain't so!!!!!
Sorry....couldn't resist. Excuse the snark and continue with your discussions.

I've read several times, people trying to take Magical Express after arriving to the airport by car, not by flying and going to the resort. We are in that situation in March, returning a rented car to the airport, having been staying elsewhere before our Disney resort. I called DVC member services about it, thinking I'd have to create a flight # and you do not. They just put you in a "open ended" status for that day. You can still use your magic band as you approach Magical Express and it will be valid, just call ahead to ME or in my case, DVC, give them your info that you're arriving at the airport, without a flight # and you'll be all set.

That's how I've always done it on my trips--I fly in the day before because of work, and then when I drop the rental car off at the airport, I just head over to DME. Whenever I've booked it, the person I talk to just asked for the date/time. Didn't even realize it was a thing that people were making up flight information! But glad it worked for you here :)

My husband & I flew into ORD the night before and stayed off site. We used the hotel transportation to get back to the airport. We just showed up at the ME loading area and gave them our magic bands and they let us on. We didn't call ahead or make any sort of reservation, and there was 0 issue. The only thing different was we took our luggage on with us, instead of having it delivered, because we didn't have the tags. We were a little uneasy thinking they'd be asking for info, but nope.

WHAT????!!! Are you saying that all CMs don't have up to date info??? That they don't all know the same things??? Say it ain't so!!!!!
Sorry....couldn't resist. Excuse the snark and continue with your discussions.
With this thread just recently bumped, I would like to report sarcasm :umbrella:

My husband & I flew into ORD the night before and stayed off site. We used the hotel transportation to get back to the airport. We just showed up at the ME loading area and gave them our magic bands and they let us on. We didn't call ahead or make any sort of reservation, and there was 0 issue. The only thing different was we took our luggage on with us, instead of having it delivered, because we didn't have the tags. We were a little uneasy thinking they'd be asking for info, but nope.

ME from Chicago sounds like absolute pure torture.:tongue:

Is this same case for going to MCO from a resort? I’m staying offsite in DS but if I go to a resort, can I take DME to MCO

Is this same case for going to MCO from a resort? I’m staying offsite in DS but if I go to a resort, can I take DME to MCO
No. If you are staying off site, you do not get to utilize DME. It's only for folks staying at WDW.

How about for the return to MCO?
Have to give them a flight?
Not if you call DME directly to reserve your return to MCO. I do this when I need to pick up a rental car at the airport for the continuation of our vacation when rental rates are better at the airport than on WDW property. DME number is 866-599-0951. Have your lodging reservation number handy.

If you do not wish to call DME and instead reserve online then a fake flight is needed. The only way to choose the time is to enter flight information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter