You Big Fatty! Pre-Trip report

Looking forward to this Shari, I always love your reviews :thumbsup2

It's a shame you will have left before we arrive - although we fly out to Florida on the 11th, we are visiting the Keys and the West Coast first so don't arrive in Orlando until the 20th.

I will catch up on your reviews as soon as we get back though, they should be nicely underway by then (feel free to start without me ;))

What would you recommend Linda?

They do a really nice sushi selection plate

From All Ears:

Sushi Combination - tuna, yellowtail, salmon, izumi-dai, shrimp, Masago with 4 pieces of California Roll $19.95

Ooh and you know me

Mt. Fuji - Cuervo Gold tequila, blue curacao, pineapple juice and lime juice :thumbsup2

Looking forward to this Shari, I always love your reviews :thumbsup2

It's a shame you will have left before we arrive - although we fly out to Florida on the 11th, we are visiting the Keys and the West Coast first so don't arrive in Orlando until the 20th.

I will catch up on your reviews as soon as we get back though, they should be nicely underway by then (feel free to start without me ;))

Thanks Joh - likewise! :) Shame we will miss each other.

They do a really nice sushi selection plate

From All Ears:

Sushi Combination - tuna, yellowtail, salmon, izumi-dai, shrimp, Masago with 4 pieces of California Roll $19.95

Ooh and you know me

Mt. Fuji - Cuervo Gold tequila, blue curacao, pineapple juice and lime juice :thumbsup2

You had me at 'sushi' :lmao:

Oh and Mt. Fuji? Come to Mamaboogie!! That sounds awesome!

So - Saturday 28th July and we will be in Disney's Hollywood Studios. And we have a lunchtime ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe - which we really enjoyed last time we were there. Here are some pics of our shenanigans:

Naughty Simon got caught hiding his vegetables - here comes the aeroplane!

DSCF3215.jpg

DSCF3205.jpg

DSCF3210.jpg

DSCF3212.jpg

DSCF3209.jpg

DSCF3218.jpg

DSCF3207.jpg

DSCF3216.jpg

DSCF3217.jpg

Aww, lovely family photos from 50s Shari :goodvibes

I am soooo excited to read your dining report when you get home :cool1:

Okay - on Sunday 27th July, Simon and I will be leaving the girls to their own devices (gulp!) and we heading to the Yachtsman Steakhouse for a romantic meal...:flower3:

We have never been here before so we would welcome any advice and recommendations. I'm liking the look of the lobster bisque and the filet Mignon.

On Monday 30th July we hotfoot it over to Universal Studios to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for three days. It's always a bit scary moving away from the comfort of Disney food. We are booked in at The Kitchen in the Hard Rock Hotel for the first night. The next day we are planning to go to Bubba Gumps which we absolutely loved in 2010. Here are some pics from then:

Onion rings:

DSCF3245.jpg

Chicken burger:

DSCF3248.jpg

Shrimp:

DSCF3247.jpg

More shrimp:

DSCF3246.jpg

Cocktail:

DSCF3244.jpg

We really enjoyed it - lots of fun - and can't wait to go back!

Shari, we are struggling to choose between Bubba Gump's and Nascar Cafe (we only have one spare night in our dining plans). Have you eaten at Nascar? Neither Gary nor I are seafood fans but Daniel loves shrimp so he really wants to try BG's.

BTW, is it me or have you changed the title of your reviews?

Shari, we are struggling to choose between Bubba Gump's and Nascar Cafe (we only have one spare night in our dining plans). Have you eaten at Nascar? Neither Gary nor I are seafood fans but Daniel loves shrimp so he really wants to try BG's.

BTW, is it me or have you changed the title of your reviews?

Thanks Joh!

No, we haven't eaten at Nascar before. BG's has plenty of other stuff on the menu besides shrimp.

I did change the title! 'You big fatty' is Simon and I's favourite insult. We saw it written on the back of a van once and it's tickled us every since - it's so lame!

Thanks for following! :goodvibes

Shari - I have that same Mickey sundress that you wore at 50's PT!! You have marvelous taste in fashion!! :rotfl2: I loved to see the airplane treatment for Simon.... always entertaining and funny to see that. :upsidedow

You are getting so close to your departure! Exciting!

Subbing. Amazing ADRs. Looking forward to reading all about your experiences.:)

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Shari - I have that same Mickey sundress that you wore at 50's PT!! You have marvelous taste in fashion!! :rotfl2: I loved to see the airplane treatment for Simon.... always entertaining and funny to see that. :upsidedow

You are getting so close to your departure! Exciting!

I love that dress! I actually wore it out here in England last night!! Despite our lovely weather. That Florida heat is going to come as even more of a shock to us than normal!

How exciting mamaboogie! :cool2: I will be at the World the same time as you, but I'll be at POR! I'll be at the Wave the day after you! Looking forward to your reviews, jealous that you're going to Kona. It's one of my favourites but we couldn't fit it in this year!

I am not on here often enough ....... :rotfl2:

How could I miss this! Shari, I am so in here! Can't wait. And I cannot believe we are missing you AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

Signing on for the report! I just realized...I'm down to the 3 1/2 week mark myself. Looked at your choices and now need to review my own plan ;)

there may be a few extra surprises along the way....;)

I really can't wait to hear about the surprises! I will, as always, be reading your trip report.

And I am a bit jealous, because I know what an amazing time you will have!

Very excited about pictures and stories xxx

How exciting mamaboogie! :cool2: I will be at the World the same time as you, but I'll be at POR! I'll be at the Wave the day after you! Looking forward to your reviews, jealous that you're going to Kona. It's one of my favourites but we couldn't fit it in this year!

It's great just to know other people are there at the same time! Even if we just miss each other! One day I will get to meet some of you awesome people!

I am not on here often enough ....... :rotfl2:

How could I miss this! Shari, I am so in here! Can't wait. And I cannot believe we are missing you AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

Hiya Karin! :)

You know how much you inspire me with your fantastic food reviews. And I know I will think of you when I'm in WPE and in Bubba Gumps :yay: (just like I always think of Linda whenever I'm sipping on a cocktail! :thumbsup2 )

All this missing each other is no good though! One day....:cool2:
Signing on for the report! I just realized...I'm down to the 3 1/2 week mark myself. Looked at your choices and now need to review my own plan ;)

So exciting - isn't it? It's crept up me so quickly that I forgot to do the single digit dance!! :dance3: We usually end up tweaking some of our ADRs when we are there, but we are so happy with them that I'm not sure we will this time....

I really can't wait to hear about the surprises! I will, as always, be reading your trip report.

And I am a bit jealous, because I know what an amazing time you will have!

Very excited about pictures and stories xxx

Oh, the surprises are good ;) And knowing Papaboogie as we do, no doubt there will be some others along the way.....

Thanks for reading! :wave2:

You're so lucky to get to go for three weeks. I did that once, and it was truly amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter