You Big Fatty! Pre-Trip report

mamaboogie

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! :wave2:

We are returning to WDW in just over two weeks! I can't actually believe that it's cropped up so soon!

It's been two years since we were last there and like last time we are staying at Old Key West in a Villa.

We will be there for 3 weeks from 24th July to 14th August :cheer2:
This is us:

62996_427114362741_740992741_5123834_6937633_n.jpg

There's me, Shari (ahem 42) and I'm all about the food. I research it, drool over pictures and then take pictures of it myself. I like most kinds of food, especially Disney food.

There's Papaboogie (Simon) and he's a big kid and holiday planner extraordinaire. He likes meat. He's not so keen on veg and his ambition is to get stood in the corner at 50's Prime Time cafe.

Sarah (18) just taken her A levels and will be waiting for her results when we get home. Doesn't like spicy food.

Kate (16 - how did my babies get so grown up - they were 10 and 12 first time we went to WDW) She loves the rollercoasters and is quite open to new food experiences.

Anyway - enough about us - you want to know where we are eating - don't you?:cool2:

Tuesday 24th July: Travel day Paradiso 37 dinner

Wednesday 25th July: Kona Cafe

Thursday 26th July: Tokyo dining

Friday 27th: Yak and Yeti

Saturday 28th July: 50's Prime Time Cafe

Sunday 29th July: Me and Simon romantically at Yachtsman Steakhouse :)

Monday 30th July: - Universal for three days, staying at Hard Rock Hotel

Wednesday 1st August: House of Blues

Thursday 2nd August: Shopping Day - no ADR

Friday 3rd August: Kona Breaksfast then.......

Victoria and Albert's for dinner pixiedust:

Saturday 4th August: Sci-Fi Dine in theater

Sunday 5th August: Kouzzina

Monday 6th August: Free day

Tuesday 7th August: The Wave

Wednesday 8th August: Flying Fish

Thursday 9th: Jiko

Friday 10th: Sanaa

Saturday 11th: California Grill (just me and Simon again ;) )

Sunday 12th: Artist Point

Monday 13th: Nine Dragons

Tuesday 14th: Liberty Tree Tavern

Phew! I'm exhausted just typing all those! Imagine how we'll feel eating them all! Somehow we'll manage though....:rotfl2:

Coming up: Some of our favourite food pics from the past few trips...

Hi there Shari! Wow!!! 3 weeks at WDW - how exciting and wonderful. And all the food to look forward to... yum! :cool1:

That's funny that your DH's goal at 50's PT is to stand in the corner. If that happens, please take a photo!! :rotfl:

I definitely look forward to hearing all about your 3 week adventure! :)

Subscribing!! Can't wait to read it all!! So jealous of 3 weeks!! I thought my hubby was going to have a heart attack when I told him we were going for 2 weeks!!

Hi there Shari! Wow!!! 3 weeks at WDW - how exciting and wonderful. And all the food to look forward to... yum! :cool1:

That's funny that your DH's goal at 50's PT is to stand in the corner. If that happens, please take a photo!! :rotfl:

I definitely look forward to hearing all about your 3 week adventure! :)

Thank you! There will definitely be lots of photo taking.....one of my favourite parts of eating all that lovely food. Thanks for reading :)

Subscribing!! Can't wait to read it all!! So jealous of 3 weeks!! I thought my hubby was going to have a heart attack when I told him we were going for 2 weeks!!

I know - it's a bit like preparing for a marathon! The suitcases are out and starting to be filled. But we had our meals sorted ages ago!

Can't wait to hear all about it! 3 weeks sounds heavenly and what a great line-up of restaurants you have!!!

Count me in Shari! Three weeks in Disney is my dream vacation!

Can't wait to hear all about it! 3 weeks sounds heavenly and what a great line-up of restaurants you have!!!

Thank you!

It was quite difficult getting the right mix of old favourites and new experiences! :)

The DISboards have helped a lot though...

Count me in Shari! Three weeks in Disney is my dream vacation!

We know we are incredibly lucky to be going for that long. It's a bit of a dream holiday for us - with the girls getting all growed up and heading off to uni etc. We just decided to go for it in a big style - there may be a few extra surprises along the way....;)

It looks like you have a fantastic trip planned! I can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsup2

Yay can't wait to hear all about it! 3 weeks is a loooong time! Enjoy :)

It looks like you have a fantastic trip planned! I can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsup2

Thank you! So excited that I'm hearing from people who's reviews I have enjoyed reading so much :flower3:

Yay can't wait to hear all about it! 3 weeks is a loooong time! Enjoy :)

It is - do you think we'll get fed up eating by the end???

I'm toying with the idea of doing a 'semi-live' review but I'm just not sure I have the stamina to keep it up!

So - those ADRs in a little more detail:

Our first meal - Paradiso 37 is a new restaurant for us - so I would welcome any reviews or recommendations for you guys.

We just wanted something nice and easy - a hop and a skip from OKW. Normally we would eat in the resort on the first night - but we always end up at DTD so we thought we would take advantage of that.

Our first full Disney day we are revisiting an old favourite Kona Cafe. We wanted something in the MK vicinity and we very much enjoyed this restaurant last time we went (2010)

Here are some pics from then:

DSCF2752.jpg

I had the famous tuna oscar.

Oh, and this (which has got my name on again this time!):

DSCF2740.jpg

Kate had this and I quite fancy the look of it - coconut almond chicken:

DSCF2747.jpg

Ooh - and I really enjoyed these - but did someone say the recipe had changed? I love the ginger sauce:

DSCF2742.jpg

Simon enjoyed this:

DSCF2750.jpg

And this:

DSCF2743.jpg

While this was Sarah's entree:

DSCF2748.jpg

We are SOOOOOO looking forward to going back here!

Well, well, well .... Mamaboogie is going back to WDW :cool1:

You have a fab line up of ADRs and I for one can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

I have just finished my reviews today so I need you to keep me from going cold turkey Shari :thumbsup2

Seriously, have an amazing trip pixiedust:

Oh my - 3 whole weeks in Disney World! I hope it more than makes up for the 2-year break.

Great ADRs too! You have some of my favorite places booked, as well as some places we haven't tried (such as House of Blues and V&A). Can't wait to hear about everything - have a great trip! :goodvibes

Your food photos of Kona look so delicious! I don't know what the photo of that (beef) dish is below the steak but it looks very appetizing! :thumbsup2

I don't recall reading a review for Paradiso 37 so I am very much looking forward to that!

Well, well, well .... Mamaboogie is going back to WDW :cool1:

You have a fab line up of ADRs and I for one can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

I have just finished my reviews today so I need you to keep me from going cold turkey Shari :thumbsup2

Seriously, have an amazing trip pixiedust:

Hi Linda! :wave2:

Yes, can't quite believe the time is almost here! This english weather doesn't help us get into the holiday spirit! That Florida heat is going to be quite a shock when we get there.

I've loved reading your reviews and am on a mission for cocktails and cupcakes thanks to you! :lmao:

Oh my - 3 whole weeks in Disney World! I hope it more than makes up for the 2-year break.

Great ADRs too! You have some of my favorite places booked, as well as some places we haven't tried (such as House of Blues and V&A). Can't wait to hear about everything - have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thank you! :) Yes, we only have the time, money and energy to go back every two years! So we might as well dig our heels in and stay for a while!

Your food photos of Kona look so delicious! I don't know what the photo of that (beef) dish is below the steak but it looks very appetizing! :thumbsup2

I don't recall reading a review for Paradiso 37 so I am very much looking forward to that!

I think it might have been the ginger crusted rib eye? But I could be wrong (I'll have to consult my notes!) It was very nice whatever it was!

Thanks everyone for following along - it's like being re-united with old friends! :flower3:

WOW, 3 weeks!!! How amazing! I agree your line-up is fabulous.

You arrive before we do and leave after we do...we will keep a lookout for your family! We also have 2 teens, DD18 and DSalmost16. We will miss each other by 1 night at CG, we will be there on 8/10. We have some folks (many with teens) getting together at the Tambu Lounge on 8/5 and 8/10 for pre-dinner cocktails (how 'bout a Lapu Lapu?). If you're interested in joining us, stop by the "Who Will be at the Poly in August 2012" thread on the Countdowns and Life Reports board.

Have a marvelous time, looking forward to reading all about it.

WOW, 3 weeks!!! How amazing! I agree your line-up is fabulous.

You arrive before we do and leave after we do...we will keep a lookout for your family! We also have 2 teens, DD18 and DSalmost16. We will miss each other by 1 night at CG, we will be there on 8/10. We have some folks (many with teens) getting together at the Tambu Lounge on 8/5 and 8/10 for pre-dinner cocktails (how 'bout a Lapu Lapu?). If you're interested in joining us, stop by the "Who Will be at the Poly in August 2012" thread on the Countdowns and Life Reports board.

Have a marvelous time, looking forward to reading all about it.

I never refuse a lapu lapu! :rotfl2:

Three weeks? :cloud9: I'm quite jealous! Sounds like a great lineup!

I know it sounds like a long time - but for us Brits it's such a long haul to get to WDW we might as well make the most of it!

Thanks everyone for reading :flower3:

Our next meal on Thursday 26th July is at Tokyo Dining - another new restaurant for us. We are very much looking forward to this as it will be quite a new experience for us.

On Friday 27th July we are at the AK and we have a lunchtime ADR for Yak and Yeti. We went here in 2010 and we had a wonderful meal.

Here are some of the dishes we had:

Simon's steak and Shrimp:

DSCF2784.jpg

Kate's mahi mahi:

DSCF2783.jpg

My chicken:

DSCF2781.jpg

Sarah's honey chicken (mahoosive!!):

DSCF2782.jpg

And the greatest Disney dessert ever:

DSCF2789.jpg

This time I am determined to try a Yak Attack cocktail!

So, really looking forward to going back here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter