Yoghurt on Tour - day 5, Seaworld

daveyoghurt

Mouseketeer
Skipped breakfast this morning as we were looking forward to going to Seaworld, the Sheraton has a walkway at the back of the resort so we wandered over in time to hear one of the employee's singing the national anthem as the park opened. Straight onto Kraken which we rode three times, even though this was Labor day in the US there were no queues, so we took advantage. Over to Atlantis for a soaking which wasn't the best idea as it was still a little overcast and the sun hadn't really broken through yet.

Karen felt brave enough to risk the shark encounter, and was convinced that she was followed down the tunnel by one particularly ugly shark, so we followed this with a trip to the penguins to lighten the mood - why are penguins so funny? We then wandered over to the other side of the park to see the polar bears and had a late breakfast/early lunch. It was time for Clyde and Seamore so we made for the arena, though we had slightly mis-timed this and got there as the pirate pirate: was 'helping' people in, Karen followed her strict orders to keep her head down and ignore him at all costs, we negotiated this particular hazard and got our seats before joining in the laughter at other latecomers less fortunate than outselves - one being directed by the pirate straight out of the other side of the arena! Having seen this show previously, I have to say that this particular version was fairly poor in comparison - the otter in particular didn't want to play and some of the actors seemed like they hadn't learned their parts properly, I know this is a light-hearted show but I've seen better versions.

We then headed over to the Key West stadium to see the dolphin show and this was truly magnificent - I can't recommend this show enough, I won't spoil any surprises but the ending was really good. We then went to see the dolphins close up but they were more into 'bonding' with each other if you know what I mean, :rotfl2: which lead to some interesting exchanges between embarrassed parents and quizzical kids!!! After that it was off to the beer school via the alligators, and also a visit to see the Budweiser horses. We decided to miss Shamu and go back to the hotel for a snooze and come back for the fireworks and Shamu Rocks America instead.

One snooze later and we were back in Seaworld for Shamu Rocks America, :cool1: we sat on the back row of the splash zone deciding to take our chances - which proved a good choice as we got ourselves on Shamu TV three times (why is it when you appear on the big screen you feel obliged to act like a goon?). After a telling-off from Karen, I re-took my seat as the show started, again, this was a really fun show - the music was cheesy at times but everyone in the audience lapped it up. We then wandered over to watch the fireworks, though I have to admit, I couldn't really make out the projections onto the mist and the storyline was a little too cheesy, even by American standards! As we left the rain started to bounce down and we were grateful that our hotel was close by and we got home only slightly soaked!

Next - Islands of Adventure

Have I missed day 4? I read Henri and friends

:jumping2: :hourglass

Great day at Sea World Dave. I find it a really relaxing park. And Kraken is fantabulous!!!

Enjoying reading your reports, agree about the dolphin show I loved it.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

I love The Kraken and on Joh's recommendations I am going to sit on the front row next July.

I didn't reckon that much to the fireworks at Sea World. I certainly wouldn't make a point of staying there for them.

Thanks for posting. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter