Yep, we've never rope dropped....

Depends when you goMarch break this is not happening. Been the last 5 years.

Just keep in mind that the posted waits are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders. Sometimes those lines aren’t as long as you’d think.

We’ve never been in March though. Spring Break is for camping and hiking around here.

March Break last year: AK closed at 8:30. FOP posted wait time at 8:20, when I got in line, was 80 minutes. It was every one of those 80 minutes...I know because I was couple beers in and was dieing to use the washroom, but a voice in my head kept telling me that the times were exaggerated at the end of the night.

The thing about March Break is that the closing times are pretty early, and perhaps, there are less locals/close proximity attendees (due to the obvious rise of crowds during this time), and the people there are making every minute count.

March Break last year: AK closed at 8:30. FOP posted wait time at 8:20, when I got in line, was 80 minutes. It was every one of those 80 minutes...I know because I was couple beers in and was dieing to use the washroom, but a voice in my head kept telling me that the times were exaggerated at the end of the night.

The thing about March Break is that the closing times are pretty early, and perhaps, there are less locals/close proximity attendees (due to the obvious rise of crowds during this time), and the people there are making every minute count.

That’s interesting as I though the Line Stacking technique was a year round thing.

The last time I got in line late for FOP, the posted wait was 110 with an actual wait of 17 but that was for a 10:30 summer close.

Just keep in mind that the posted waits are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders. Sometimes those lines aren’t as long as you’d think.

We’ve never been in March though. Spring Break is for camping and hiking around here.
Also, at the end of the day there isn't the FP+, so the people in the regular standby line are the only ones riding, uninterrupted by FP people. That helps a lot.

Depends when you goMarch break this is not happening. Been the last 5 years.

I'm going Mar 15-22. First time being there during spring break. I will have a party of 6. What is typical day for FP+ refreshing look like? Rope drop still successful?

I'm a little nervous about it. I hope they release DAH at Magic Kingdom so it will take away some of the stress of needing to plan the MK park to perfection.

i haven't been toWDW since 2015. But out of the six trips we took we always rope dropped MK- Usually our first day It was a great experience for us. We found that we could do what we wanted before the park became wall to wall with people around lunch time. most of our trips were not in the summer but in fall or winter during times-like thanksgiving xmas and presidents day weekend. one year we had an8:00 am ressie at CP with park opening at 9 am and we arrived at seven am and were the first family there. it was kinda cool. we are also going to-rope drop HS this year. due to all the newness there. we do plan days in between rope drops to sleep in or do night time park touring.

My kids are up at 6am no matter what time they go to bed the night before. Truly delightful. ha ha. I suspect we'll have zero issues making RD most days the week we'll be there. Really appreciate reading through people's thought processes behind how to RD. Definitely gave me some more to think about!

Been going to DW since MK opened and never have been to a Rope Drop. Not late sleepers so don't really know why. Guess we just like a calmer morning. Been there too many times to be frantic about rides.

I'm going Mar 15-22. First time being there during spring break. I will have a party of 6. What is typical day for FP+ refreshing look like? Rope drop still successful?

I'm a little nervous about it. I hope they release DAH at Magic Kingdom so it will take away some of the stress of needing to plan the MK park to perfection.
I've ropedroped multiple days during March break each of the last few years for normal, 9:00 opening. I was first at the tapstiles last year at 7:30 I think: we were through them around 8:15 and on to second holding area. I was in the FOP preshow at 8:40-8:45. When we got off the rest of the park was still ropped of at points until 9:00...and very few people there...could walk on to anything multiple times; although dinosaur didn't open until 9:30 (I will have to pay attention to that this year).

Both days I was there last year I also got 1 fastpass for it, party of 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter