Yep, college will be a bit different this year!

The University of California system was the first in the nation (and still the largest?) to REQUIRE vaccines for everyone on campus. They sent out an email stating that while there will be a few virtual offerings, you really shouldn't expect to receive a degree that way. The Cal State University system has been following suit - SLOWLY. I feel bad for the kids going to community colleges - AFAIK none of them are mandating vaccines and a lot of them are still virtual.

We won't be going up for Parent's Weekend in October because it's just too much of a zoo.

But we do hope to visit one weekend, maybe for a football game. Hotels are very tight for big weekends, but we've found one now less than an hour from campus that would work. I'll also do some AirBnB research for football games.

DD's BFF attends USF in Tampa, and the "War on I-4" between UCF-USF is at UCF this year. We may try to convince BFF's parents (also close friends of ours) to go up for that game. We'll see how that all shakes out.
The only reason we might do parents weekend this year is because DD turns 21 the Monday before and the Football tickets are cheaper.

Thanks. She's a smart young lady, so I'm not worried about her grades or how they hold classes. She'll be fine either way.

I just hope they are able to get the full college experience that so many have been denied by Covid.
Hoping for the same for my daughter - she lost the best part of her senior year too and freshman year at college was not what it should have been. Looking forward to better times for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter