*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I’m just hoping the Space restaurant will be done the end of the year like they said and they take ADRs when our date opens.

I assume it will open later this year, but I'm not sure if it'll be available for reservations at 180 days. How does this normally work with new restaurants? I haven't been there close enough to one to know for sure. If they're confident in the timeframe, I don't see why they wouldn't take reservations, though.

I sent the link to my wife as soon as they announced it and she's all in, so we'll definitely try to book it once it's available.

I assume it will open later this year, but I'm not sure if it'll be available for reservations at 180 days. How does this normally work with new restaurants? I haven't been there close enough to one to know for sure. If they're confident in the timeframe, I don't see why they wouldn't take reservations, though.

I sent the link to my wife as soon as they announced it and she's all in, so we'll definitely try to book it once it's available.

I’ve never experienced a new restaurant opening around a trip before so I’m not sure either. I’m really excited about this place though and so is the gf. We’re looking forward to trying it.

Just got back today from our 2019 trip. Will be going in 2020 but we aren't sure if we will be going to WDW or Aulani.

If it is WDW it will be May 4th-15th at Animal Kingdom Villas in a 1 bedroom.
If it is Aulani it will be offsite May 4th and 5th and at Aulani the 6th-15th in a 1 bedroom.

Just got back today from our 2019 trip. Will be going in 2020 but we aren't sure if we will be going to WDW or Aulani.

If it is WDW it will be May 4th-15th at Animal Kingdom Villas in a 1 bedroom.
If it is Aulani it will be offsite May 4th and 5th and at Aulani the 6th-15th in a 1 bedroom.

Welcome! Aulani, oh, jealous!

How was your trip you just returned from?

Welcome! Aulani, oh, jealous!

How was your trip you just returned from?

It was great! Didn't have too much rain. I did almost see a fight. This guy walked up to Be Our Guest around 5:30pm-ish (I think, we had a 5:45 reservation) and demanded a table. Of course he was told nothing was available and the guy just went off. Started in on how none of these restaurants didn't have tables and on and on. When we got called inside security was talking to him.

We have never rented a car before, but I believe this is going to be the last time without one. While bus service was fine, even great at times, leaving the parks, MK especially, took forever. My wife talked about using the Minnie Van (or whatever it is called) service. Looking at prices right now for next year, it is going to be cheaper to rent a car, then depend on that service. Will still use Magical Express to get to and from the resort, will just rent a car from Alamo on WDW property.

We also went on a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy. This was our second Disney cruise, and it once again did not disappoint. That was a wonderful time! This was our second cruise in just as many years, so I think we are going to take a break from that for a while. Nothing was wrong, it is just the price point is high, but you get what you pay for!

It was great! Didn't have too much rain. I did almost see a fight. This guy walked up to Be Our Guest around 5:30pm-ish (I think, we had a 5:45 reservation) and demanded a table. Of course he was told nothing was available and the guy just went off. Started in on how none of these restaurants didn't have tables and on and on. When we got called inside security was talking to him.

We have never rented a car before, but I believe this is going to be the last time without one. While bus service was fine, even great at times, leaving the parks, MK especially, took forever. My wife talked about using the Minnie Van (or whatever it is called) service. Looking at prices right now for next year, it is going to be cheaper to rent a car, then depend on that service. Will still use Magical Express to get to and from the resort, will just rent a car from Alamo on WDW property.

We also went on a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy. This was our second Disney cruise, and it once again did not disappoint. That was a wonderful time! This was our second cruise in just as many years, so I think we are going to take a break from that for a while. Nothing was wrong, it is just the price point is high, but you get what you pay for!

A fight? People get crazy at Disney! :scared:

We are Disney transportation people, but it's just two of us so it's easy. I won't lie though, if the wait was getting too long I had no problem calling an Uber!

We've taken Royal Caribbean cruises - we like them, but I would say cruising isn't our first choice for vacations.

quoting myself from another thread:

So we don't go until next May and we are going to wait until it gets closer to see if they load anymore options...

But for now Micky (my guy) is getting the Micky band and I'm getting the Minnie band. How nauseatingly cute. :p

400021246324.png 400021246409.png

Less than a year out! I sure wish they would make package pricing available.

So far looks like we are going to have really low crowds this May! :rotfl:

May 2020 here! We have a request in for renting DVC at boardwalk so fingers crossed there. Short birthday trip, but hoping after hours stays on thursdays to help us pack everything in.

May 2020 here! We have a request in for renting DVC at boardwalk so fingers crossed there. Short birthday trip, but hoping after hours stays on thursdays to help us pack everything in.

We’re leaving on a Friday so the Thursday night DAH would be ideal. Hoping they keep that for next year

Ok, we have 4 different DVC prioritized options, but if we get none of them I just booked Art of Animation as a backup. With the gondola I'm hoping it'll provide easy access to HS and EPCOT that is reasonable, even if not as good as walking from Boardwalk.
Gone a little planning crazy this holiday weekend, but it is DH's first adult Disney trip (he did MNSSHP when we did Universal a couple years back, but that's it).

Wife and I decided that we will be doing Aulani in May 2020 (whatever the dates I posted above), and skip WDW.

Add us to the list please! May 15-24 -- we're booking an offsite pool house to celebrate my college graduation!! I can't believe I'm finally going to be a college graduate! :cloud9:

It'll be me and my hubby and our 4 kids. So excited!! :hippie:

Add us to the list please! May 15-24 -- we're booking an offsite pool house to celebrate my college graduation!! I can't believe I'm finally going to be a college graduate! :cloud9:

It'll be me and my hubby and our 4 kids. So excited!! :hippie:

Hi there! :wave:

Welcome to the May group and congratulations on your graduation!!! Great accomplishment!!! :)

Please indulge the whining that is about to commence, I'm feeling sorry for myself. :o

The hotel we stay in is one of the more important parts of any trip we take anywhere, in my opinion. We've been saving and saving to realize my dream of staying at Boardwalk with a boardwalk/water view, we already booked and did the down payment. I had to pay for a few dental procedures, we are paying for Micky's mom to come stay with us for a bit (plane tickets and all) and our vacations savings has gone down some.

So figuring in a 5-10% increase over what we booked at (guessing on what the 2020 rate will actually be), I'm starting to feel as if it's just going to be too much money. I don't want to go on vacation and be cash poor when we get home! And I don't want to feel guilty about spending so much money.

So now we are looking at Yacht Club garden view and it's almost $2000 cheaper for the same amount of time!!! Obviously we don't know the price yet for next year, but most definitely going to be way more affordable than Boardwalk Water View.
The Yacht Club is a great hotel (we've stayed at both Yacht/Beach before) and the rooms are renovated, I know it will be great, it's just I had my heart set on BW.

I know first world problems and all that...
Disney is getting so ridiculously expensive that even saving for 3 years isn't getting us what we want anymore. And there is a lot of talk of no AP discounts next year due to Star Wars and of course I purchased an AP for the first time for next trip. :rolleyes:

It's cheaper to go to the Caribbean for a week at this point.

Okay, got that out of my system. It will all work out in the end!!! :)

We’ve narrowed our timeframe to either the beginning of May, or just after Memorial Day. Flower and Garden is our top priority which makes me lean toward the beginning (end dates are iffy for this festival over the years). But the end of May is my birthday and spending it at the World in my other dream resort would be great. We’re almost certain we’re going to try a split stay this time...right next door! 3 nights at GF and then 6 at the Poly. A bit silly I know but it’s a way of trying a new resort while knowing we’re going “home”. We’ll see what our TA has to offer us. I’m admittedly worried about SW:GE related increases. But it will help a lot knowing our flights will be covered with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!