Yak & Yeti

tlloftus

Earning My Ears
We were not able to get anything to show up for ADR on July 17 for Yak & Yeti, and we were looking at 6:15. Is it really that hard to get a reservation in AK?

Yes. Reservations overall have been difficult lately given reduced capacity (# of spots open and distanced seating within them). Definitely keep trying. People do reschedule/cancel all the time. Another suggestion would be to get a Landry's Select card - you do pay for it but you get an immediate credit for a meal (also an annual birthday credit) - and it offers you priority seating either via walk-up (there could still be some wait) or by calling directly for reservations (that may not show as available in the Disney system). Or Touring Plans has a free reservation finder (you do need to register for a free account) that will search for a reservation(s) for you but still up to you to act quickly upon notification and book it.

We were not able to get anything to show up for ADR on July 17 for Yak & Yeti, and we were looking at 6:15. Is it really that hard to get a reservation in AK?

I was having the same issue. Some people reported being able to book Y&Y over the phone by calling without having a Landry's card, but I was asked for a Landry's card number when I called and told that they would not make a reservation without one. I did get the card, as it is basically free as the above poster described. They had availability for my trip next month so I would imagine you are fine for July, too. It seems that they do not release all reservations available through MDE.

I was able to get a reservation for Yak and Yeti by getting the Landry card and calling the restaurant directly. I did this just yesterday.

We have a Landry's card and in our experience, including 2 weeks ago, is that all you have to do is show up at Y&Y and show them your card and they'll find you a table. Sometimes you have to wait a bit--rarely more than 20 minutes or so--but they give priority to Landry's card holders.

And, yes, ADRs are quite hard to get right now. If you have the time, what worked for us was basically stalking the WDW reservations site. We were able to fill in all the places we wanted to eat. And, of course, the 24 hours before is a great time to look for rezzies, since that's when a lot of people cancel.

I believe that with the card, you can call at any time. It doesn't have to be 60 days before.

I thought so too. (I do have a card) I called this morning, but the person said 60 days exactly only. I think I'll try again tomorrow.

I thought so too. (I do have a card) I called this morning, but the person said 60 days exactly only. I think I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh wow! I didn't realize. I'm so sorry for spreading false information. I thought they operated sort of on their own timeline/own rules.

We have a Landry's card and in our experience, including 2 weeks ago, is that all you have to do is show up at Y&Y and show them your card and they'll find you a table. Sometimes you have to wait a bit--rarely more than 20 minutes or so--but they give priority to Landry's card holders.

And, yes, ADRs are quite hard to get right now. If you have the time, what worked for us was basically stalking the WDW reservations site. We were able to fill in all the places we wanted to eat. And, of course, the 24 hours before is a great time to look for rezzies, since that's when a lot of people cancel.
That's what we always do too. We usually try to go at quieter times (like before noon, or after 2:00) be we are almost always seated within about 20 minutes.

Y&Y is my favorite park restaurant and I have had no luck getting an ADR - not at my 60 day window or stalking the reservation system. I am traveling solo and was wondering is it easy to get a spot at the lounge and can I order off the menu if I get a spot?

I'd prefer the certainty of an ADR but have had a terrible time with ADRs this trip so am hoping the lounges work for me (SH71, Y&Y, and Tambuu).

Y&Y is my favorite park restaurant and I have had no luck getting an ADR - not at my 60 day window or stalking the reservation system. I am traveling solo and was wondering is it easy to get a spot at the lounge and can I order off the menu if I get a spot?

I'd prefer the certainty of an ADR but have had a terrible time with ADRs this trip so am hoping the lounges work for me (SH71, Y&Y, and Tambuu).
Same…I don’t know the answer to your question about the lounge, but have been stalking the WDW reservations and even signed up for several reservation finders since my 60 day mark and none have come available for Y&Y for either of the days I’m looking for mid-October!

Same…I don’t know the answer to your question about the lounge, but have been stalking the WDW reservations and even signed up for several reservation finders since my 60 day mark and none have come available for Y&Y for either of the days I’m looking for mid-October!

I've never had a problem getting a Y&Y ADR LOL! But I get there is limited capacity and not everything has reopened but still. Good luck getting an ADR in mid-October. I'd love to hear if some open up once you get there (especially with the 24 hour cancelation window)!

I'd recommend getting a Landry Select Club membership. Pay $25 for the lifetime membership and they put a $25 gift card on your account for new memberships. Y&Y has a separate queue for LSC members vs the Disney ADRs and wait-lists. They also send a $25 gift card on your birthday month, so you can easily re-coup $50 for a $25 membership fee.

I'll be using the LSC benefits for The Palm at USO and Rainforest Cafe at AK.

I'd recommend getting a Landry Select Club membership. Pay $25 for the lifetime membership and they put a $25 gift card on your account for new memberships. Y&Y has a separate queue for LSC members vs the Disney ADRs and wait-lists. They also send a $25 gift card on your birthday month, so you can easily re-coup $50 for a $25 membership fee.

I'll be using the LSC benefits for The Palm at USO and Rainforest Cafe at AK.
We have been Landry Select Club members for probably 10 years now. Worth every cent.

Normally, party of 6 or less, you can go up at any time and get a table. You do not need a reservation.

Last two times we went this year however, we had problems at T-Rex in DS. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait. Still much better than the hour and a half they were telling others.

You also get some points for so many dollars you spend. So, like any other rewards system, you get a few dollars off at times. Two issues. First, you do not collect points if paying with a gift card. Annoying, but it is what it is. Second, you cannot use another discount if you are using your card (like an AP discount if on Disney property).

Landy owns a lot of restaurants nationwide. Besides Rainforest/Trex, they also own Morton's Steakhouse and Bubba Gump Shrimp when thinking of tourist areas. And they have about 70 other brands...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter