Yachtsman or LeCellier?

They're about the same price, with vastly different atmospheres. Le Cellier is signature pricing without the signature atmosphere. For some, this is a negative, for others, it's a benefit.

OH and I had terribly rude, rushed service at Yachtsman and thus are hesitant to go back, but looking at others' reviews, our experience doesn't seem to be the norm. We have always had great service at Le Cellier.

For me personally, the food is the same quality and the same cost, and going to LC means I don't have to leave the park or worry about a dress code. So I prefer LC.

Folks who want the more sedate atmosphere that is typical of a signature (and that, let's face it, you're paying for at LC but not getting) will prefer Yachtsman.

We loooove Yachtsmen. But it is a more sedate, leisurely atmosphere than LC. We haven't been to LC in years, but are trying it again in April. We enjoyed the food there (back in the day) but the atmosphere was definitely more crowded, theme-park restaurant than YC. Depends, I think, on the atmosphere you are looking for, and how long your boys will want to sit still for dinner. :)

(We took my nephews to YC from the time they were small, but spent lots of time taking them out to run around between courses!)

Last 2 dinners at Yachtsman have been most disappointing....
Le Cellier gets my vote!

I didn't think Le Cellier was anything special, but Yachtsman was amazing and we will definitely go back.

Done both, would not do either ever again. Overrated, not very good for the price even on ddp. If you are firm on the two, le cell because yachtsman to me is not child friendly even if disney. If you were open to othersnthen i think the best steak on property is caligrill AND it is very kid friendly. if cali is closed during your trip, flying fish or artist point are decent and more friendly for kids.

Yatchman is by far the best of the 2.

We've been 4 times in the past 2 years abd never had issues. They food as been really and the girls love the mickey puzzle as desert. We've also had great service but I have to say that we alwasy had the same waiter LOL

Sounds like its a matter of personal preference! DH and my vote Shula's number 1, Yachtsman a very close number 2, and LeCellier a very distant third.......I don't know if Shula's is on the dining plan. When we went we found restaurant.com certificates, $3.00 for a $20.00 certificate![/QUOTE

Did you use the restauarant.com certificates at Shula's in WDW?
Are they good for all Shula's locations?

I'm trying to get a LC reservation for our upcoming trip and haven't snagged one yet. So we've made a reservation at The Yachtsman. I've eaten at LC and I had a good experience plus the menu is more my style with cheddar soup and poutine fries! I have not eaten at The Yachtsman but have heard good things so I'm not upset if I don't get LC...at least I'll be able to compare!

I'm trying to get a LC reservation for our upcoming trip and haven't snagged one yet. So we've made a reservation at The Yachtsman. I've eaten at LC and I had a good experience plus the menu is more my style with cheddar soup and poutine fries! I have not eaten at The Yachtsman but have heard good things so I'm not upset if I don't get LC...at least I'll be able to compare!

loveshak22 when are you going? Please let us know which place you like better.

Frank, yes we used the restaurant .com coupons in Shula's at WDW. I am not sure if they still accept them, as my experience was a year or 2 ago.

loveshak22 when are you going? Please let us know which place you like better.

I'll definitely come back to this thread and give an update :thumbsup2

Our trip is Jan 29 - Feb 2, with the Yachtsman being our dinner ADR on Feb 2. I'm still going to try to switch to LC but if it doesn't happen then I'll come back with my 2-cents!

neither...both highly overpriced and not exceptionally well prepared.

If have to choose - go with yachtsman. Quality appears to be better - they just can't seem to cook a good slab.

We love the Yachtsman, we had lunch and dinner at Le Cellier, before it changed over to 2TS, and honestly, I don't think it is worth the 2. At 1 it is great.But for 2, it is ok, not bad, not fabulous. Now, I also live 20 minutes outside NYC and have some of the best steakhouses readily available to us anytime, so we are picky when it comes to our steak. The Yachtsman, is kid friendly to us, never had an issue with that or dress. We are trying Le Cell again this trip because we have the credits to use so we will see.

We've been to both. Yachtsman would get our vote.

We used to eat at LeCellier on every trip, but after 2 not so great meals there, we stopped going. That was 3 years ago and from what I've heard, things haven't improved. Since both LeCellier & Yachtsman are 2 DDP credits, definitely go to Yachtsman.

I haven't eaten at Yachtsman yet, but I have dined at Le Cellier and have no interest in going back. The food was decent enough, but I can't justify the cost. I can get better steaks here in Texas with no problem. The soup, pretzel bread, and maple creme brulee were all very good, but I can get a very similar soup (just missing the bacon) and unlimited pretzel bread at Biergarten. And, while I can't get maple creme brulee just anywhere, I can get regular creme brulee just about anywhere and a fantastic raspberry creme brulee 20 minutes from my house. Our waitress the last time we dined there was the rudest waitress I have ever encountered at Disney which also really detracted from our experience. The tables are much too close together, as well.

Basically, I find Le Cellier to be overpriced, overcrowded, and over-hyped for what you end up getting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter