• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman or LeCellier?

BC24

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 6 on the DDP, and we are trying to decide between the Yatchsman or LeCellier.... We have 4 boys ages 3, 5, 7, and 8....please share your opinions...all the boys love steak!

I would totally pick LeCellier. We've been to both and just found it overall better than Yachtsman. Better service, better atmosphere, and most importantly better steak!

My choice is normallly dependent on where I can get the ADR. :rotfl2:

Le Cellier is still harder to get than Yachtsman.

remember you need to have ticket to get into Epcot for LeCellier. (NP if you have hoppers). You might also check menus, we found yachtsman a little more expensive.

We went to both last trip. Yachtsmen was by far superior to Le Cellier. The mac & cheese was AHHHHHHHMAZING lol

Well it depends....

LeCellier dissapointed me last May and I took it off Rotation in December.

I have not tried Yachtsman yet but i have been to Shula's and it is by far one of the best meals i have ever eaten....PERIOD.

Le Cellier is incredibly over rated. I wouldnt go there again now that its 2 credits! I'd go with Yachtsman for sure. :thumbsup2

remember you need to have ticket to get into Epcot for LeCellier. (NP if you have hoppers). You might also check menus, we found yachtsman a little more expensive.

The above is true for us as well. ::yes::

We enjoy both. We did the Yachtsman earlier this month after our Disney Cruise (didn't visit any of the parks). We hit Le Cellier in June when we spent 8 days doing the parks. :cool1:

DH and I preferred Le Cellier. Yachtsman is our least favorite of the Signature restaurants we've been to and we feel no need to go back. Too many other restaurants to try! Le Cellier wasn't Signature the last time we went there, but we'll be there next week!

I was not impressed with Le Cellier when it was an over-hyped and over-rated 1TS restaurant. Now that it is a signature restaurant that changed virtually nothing but the $$$$$$ of the meals, Forget about it. IMHO, Yachtman was and still is a much better place for a good quality steak than LC with a better atmosphere, and better service as well. :goodvibes

The OP mentioned they are on the DDP, so this would not be a factor in their decision. ;)

Le Cellier every time. Even throw Sula's into the mix it's still Le Cellier every time for us.

Hope you have a great stay!

:goodvibes

Sounds like its a matter of personal preference! DH and my vote Shula's number 1, Yachtsman a very close number 2, and LeCellier a very distant third.......I don't know if Shula's is on the dining plan. When we went we found restaurant.com certificates, $3.00 for a $20.00 certificate!

Yachtsman for us! The food and the service are just great.

LeCellier is just too crowed and noisy. The tables are crammed together.

You can't go wrong with either.

Yachtsman is quieter and the steaks are better, but its a little more stuffy.

I don't like stuffy.

I agree that the tables are too close together at Le Cellier.

While the food is good at Lc, I get claustrophic in there. It is in a cellar, no windows and the tables are so close together that the servers thought our party of 2 and the people next to us were together. She asked me what I wanted and then asked the women at the table next to us. (You know girls first). We had to tell her we were not together. YSh is great food and atmosphere. I don't get a stuffy feel. I never change from park clothes, tshirt and capris. I have never felt underdressed!

my cousins are disney people and I asked them about Le Cellier as well cause we tried to go there a few years ago and couldnt get in so we are going back and it was still one of our choices. They went there every trip there 2nd last trip they said it wasnt that great maybe it was just a bad day in there they had just recently gone back and went there again and said it was not that great again and told me they would never go back. So we have taken it off our list. We have eatin at Shula's steakhouse it was totally AMAZING but it is not covered on the DP and it is $$$$ but it was awesome would love to go back there but not until it is covered under the DP.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter