Yacht/Beach Club Restaurants?

Originally posted by richard3330
Does the Cape May Cafe's buffet have other foods other than seafood (like chicken/beef/ribs etc.)?

Yes, they do. If I remember correctly, they also serve some type of beef or pork & possibly ribs, but I can't remember for sure. Also, the children's buffet has chicken nuggets & those little boiled hot dogs that kids love!

Have fun. :)

The Cape May Buffet has four tray runs on the four sides of the square. One is seafood, the other three are a "normal" buffet -- so there's plenty for everyone, seafood lover or not.

Good to know. What about salads/veggies etc. and of course desserts?

Cape May Cafe had TONS of veggies, etc to choose from. I had a great squash stir-fry (yellow squash and zucchini), green salad, cole slaw, potatoes, rice, assorted veggies like carrots & celery, cut up melon. And the desserts, oh the desserts. Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie, Krispy Kreme donuts, cookies, chocolate cake, apple crumple with whipped cream, taffy strewn about everywhere....it was the best dessert bar I had seen on the trip. You won't be disappointed. the Key lime pie was what I chose and it was the perfect balance of tart lime with a bit of sweetness. This is the one restaurant so far that we are definitely returning to in October.

BTW- the ribs were pork spareribs the night we went and they were quite good! They also had a herb chicken and a pasta with something in it----I can't remember now if it was chicken or shrimp.

Hi Richard ;)

Here are some of my reviews from last year

The Yachtsman Steakhouse – The Yacht Club

Dinner - Restaurant
1 x Caesar Salad
1 x Shrimp Cocktail
1 x New York Strip Steak
1 x Beef Special of Medallions in Red Wine sauce
1 x Asparagus side order
1 x Lge bottle of water
1 x Glass of Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon
1 x Glass of Kendal Reserve Chardonnay

Cost:
$123.67 (not incl. tip)

Comments:
OK so not a cheap meal but when in Rome…. This place is mad for steak. You walk in and the first thing you see is an aging room. A room where they keep all the meat on display so that it ages well. They had some 36oz T-Bone steaks in there!! Not even I could do that. Our waiter was very friendly… Mike F… he told us that his wife was a vegetarian. I wondered if his wife had a problem with him working in a Steakhouse! Paul had the salad to start and I had the shrimp cocktail which consisted of 5 king prawns (very big and fresh) with a drizzle of spicy cocktail sauce and a little lettuce on the side. For main dish I couldn’t decide on a side order of Mushroom Ragout (which I’d heard was divine) or the Asparagus. I went for the Asparagus but Mike had arranged for the chef to put some Mushroom Ragout on the side also, nice touch! The steaks were cooked to perfection , Paul had the NY strip and I had the medallions, we were not disappointed the meat was succulent and tasty and lots of it. Would eat here again but there are so many other restaurants to try.

Cape May Café – Yacht & Beach

Breakfast
2 x Adult Buffet Breakfasts (incl. beverages)

Cost:
$33.90 (not incl. tip)

Comments:
As you enter this restaurant you get to meet with Minnie and take your pictures with her she is in her beach outfit and looks great. Once seated your server will ask if you want juice and coffee, if you want chocolate milk this usually costs extra. The buffet is arranged around a square and serves up – bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, grits, beef goulash (why?), omlette, fried potatoes with red onions, all types of melon, orange, grapefruit, donuts, muffins, apple cobble, sweet cinnamon buns, waffles, porridge, cereal, pancakes, stewed fruit etc. All the food is of good quality and freshly cooked I thoroughly recommend visiting the children’s station which serves mickey shaped waffles and apple fritters – scrum. The characters that come see you are Goofy and Chip‘n’Dale. They each came to visit us at least twice whilst we there and Goofy was very flirty I think Paul sold me to him for his life-belt!! We went here 3 times in just one week we love the food so much!

Yachtsman Steakhouse – The Yachtclub

Breakfast
1 Captains Breakfast
1 Steakhouse Skillet with 6oz Strip
2 Juice
2 Coffee

Cost:
$41.39

Comments:
The Yacht Galley was shut when we went but the Yachtsman was serving the Galley's a la carte breakfast menu if my memory serves me correct. Paul wanted to eat breakfast here so that he could have steak and eggs for breakfast one morning. This was by no means cheap for a breakfast for two but we thought it was worth every penny. I had the cranberry juice which tasted great. Coffee was how we like it not too strong not too weak. I had the captains brekfast which was scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and breakfast potatoes. The Steakhouse skillet consisted of hash browns with fried eggs on top and served with steak on the side – cooked to perfection.

Spoodles – The Boardwalk

Dinner - Restaurant
1 Grilled lamb Skewer with Tzatziki Sauce
1 Crispy Fried Calamari with pepperoncini Relish
1 Grilled Chicken with Veg, Almond Pilaf & a spicy Tomato and Onion Relish
1 Tomato, Mozarella and Basil Pesto Flatbread
1 Sauteed Chile Garlic Shrimp
1 Litre bottle of water
1 glass Pinot Grigio
1 glass Reisling

Cost:
$75.05 (not incl. tip)

Comments:
Although we had PS it was very busy so we had to wait about 10 mins before being seated. Roland was our server and he was looking a little stressed (he had a number of big tables) and the Head Waiter had to come and serve our wine and came back and gave us more a little later because we had been kept waiting LOL we hadn’t even noticed. We had 2 tapas for appetizers and ordered these first so that we could see how hungry we were after them. You are served complimentary bread and humous when we sat down and so we were worried that they may have filled us up a bit. Also by ordering the entrees after eating the appetizers it also guarantees that you are not rushed out of the restaurant and through your meal. I decided that I didn’t want an entrée and chose a flatbrad and another tapas, Paul had the chicken and said it was very moist and tasty. The shrimp were big and not too spicy and I just love pesto so to find it on a flatbread I was in my element. Although the dessert sampler looked divine we decided to give it a miss – we had other plans for dessert ;).

Beaches and Cream – The Yacht and Beach Club

Dessert
1 Hot Chocolate Fudge Sundae

Cost:
$6.31

Comments:
We sat at the counter and ate this between us it was just mmmmmmmmmmmm.

In December I also had dinner at Beaches & Cream and it was busy and we had to wait about 10 mins but this place is sooo good - I've waited once for 30 mins just to get dessert ;) The burgers here are excellent as are their onion rings.

Also breakfast at Spoodles is fun and different. A la Carte style and they have some great different choices.

We're doing Cpae May for dinner this year and I'll review it for you when I get back but I know apart from seafood they do the following:

BBQ Pork Ribs
Flank Steak
Italian Sausage
Marinated Grilled Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Snap Peas with Onions

Hope all the above wets your appetite.

Shoot! Forgot to say Richard - don't forget the Flying Fish (don't if you've done this already) now I only had an entree here but it was sooo good and I've got a PS for our trip in May. The potatoe wrapped snapper is really good and one of my party also had the steak which was very, very good. I can't wait to go back here!!

Stop Sam, Stop!!

Wow, you are making me so hungry and it's only 8.45am!!

Thank-You, those reviews are excellent. We have never tried any of them so it will be great to try a different 'area' of the world on our next visit.

So The Cape May Cafe does Breakfast and Dinner Buffets? Is it open at Lunchtime too?

Beaches and Creams sounds amazing we will have to have to give it a try - that ice cream you had sounds to die for.

Spoodles sounds good too - all these restaurants so few days!!

(One of the best bits about taking a trip to WDW is the food ;) )

Thanks again,

Richard. :)

Originally posted by richard3330

So The Cape May Cafe does Breakfast and Dinner Buffets? Is it open at Lunchtime too?

Sadly no :( Breakfast is a character buffet and dinner, well it's all about the food :teeth:

Richard we plan our whole trip around the food and sometimes we actually go on some of the rides ;) !!!

Thanks for the awesome review!!! We will also be there in May and like you, it's all about the food (we're on the Gold Plan again). Just eat ourselves around WDW and maybe do a theme park or two LOL!! When will you be there in May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter