Yacht/Beach Club Restaurants?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi :wave:

We have never stayed (or visited) The Yacht/Beach Club before, but we are staying at The BC on our next trip. Are there any restaurants/cafes you reccomend there?

Thanks!

Richard. :)

First of all you are going to love the BC, its beautiful! Make sure you request a patio (1st floor) or a room with a "full" balcony. Some rooms have a view only balcony, where 1 person at a time can go out on it.

Restaurants at BC/YC are all very very good. Plus you can walk to the BW, and they have some great places to eat.

Here is a link to the menus.
http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm#res

Last, wk.,we stayed at BCV for the first time. You're going to love it!. We read great things, on these Bds., about Beaches & Cream. So we decided to make it our first meal (lunch) in WDW, esp. important because we weren't going to the parks. We LOVED B&C. DS/15 declared the cheeseburgers to be the best! I loved my Chicken Caesar salad. We didn't have dessert because we had chosen California Grille for our first nite dinner & we wanted to be hungry for dinner. (& CG didn't disappoint!!) My only complaint is that there are not alot of tables & we ate at the counter, because it was already 1 PM & we didn't want to wait. Counter was OK, but not as comfortable as a table. We returned for a second time-lunch again & we still couldn't get a table. We opted for take-out because they have nice outside tables, overlooking SAB. But the take-out menu was quite limited (ie. I couldn't get Chicken Caesar salad) and the one CM working the take-out counter seemed overwhelmed & messed up our order. Despite all of this, we loved B&C & will return, even if we don't stay at BCV.

We were pleasantly surprised with Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It is all you can eat, plenty of seafood- mussels, clams, peel and eat shrimp, salmon, plus prime rib, chicken, ribs, beef stir fry, and pasta with seafood in it. Lots of salads and the dessert bar was awesome. I highly recommend. It's $23.99 per adult, 9.99 for a child (over 3).

I love the location of the BC. There are so many restaurants within walking distance. The Cape May is a very good seafood buffet with plenty of selections and a little something for everyone. The also have a terrific character breakfast. Beaches and Cream is a great place for burgers or ice cream and the best chicken noodle soup.

You can hop on the boat or walk to Boardwalk. We love the Flying Fish and DH and DS love the wings for a casual dinner at ESPN.

Off topic but-guest services has advised the SAB slide rehab is almost done and the room refurbs should be by beginning of April. Question for anyone who has been recently---How are they doing really?

Can't answer the question about the rehab on the slide. But wanted to put in another good word for Cape May Cafe. We had the dinner buffet there on NYE, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have also had some highly fattening :( but totally delicious :p ice cream desserts at Beaches & Cream. Next time I hope to try the burgers there, which I hear are incredible. :D

We checked out of BCV on 3/16 and the SAB slide rehab was completed. DS spent the morning of our check-out day sliding & making up for the fact that the slide had been closed on his 2 previous pool days. I can't speak to room rehab. We are DVC members & stayed in the Villas, which are new (& wonderful).

I am really looking forward to our stay at BC... we are planning on being there for a few days without even going to a park!

Has anyone tried their butter pecan ice cream... that is my favourite flavour - I had one here at a mall recently and it was blah! :(

Also... is B & C all counter service or do they have waiters?

>>^..^<<

Limited seating area-small take out area but yes they do have servers inside. Give yourself lots of time if you have having burgers etc. They are great-cook them when you order (not prefab) so they take time.

The best thing about staying at the BC is the great selection of restaurants within a short walk. Yachtsman is a great place for cuts of meat, Spoodles is one of our favorites, FF has great seafood, not to mention you have all of Epcot to choose from right next door. In terms of convenience and overall choices this area might be the best place to stay in all of WDW.

life.gif

Another vote for the Cape May Buffet! We have dinner here each trip!

Beaches and Cream is also another nice choice, as is the small restaurant/pub next to the Yachtman, called the Crews Cup. They have great sandwiches, and it is a very nice cozy atmosphere!
partygirl.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We had an outstanding dinner at Yactsman Steakhouse and equally wonderful lunch at the Yacht Club Galley in February.

I'm so glad to hear the Yachtsman is still good!!

I would strongly recommend the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club & Spoodle's at the Boardwalk. Both of these are excellent!!

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the restaurant that we ate breakfast at in the YC. We stayed at the BC in Nov. & walked over to the YC for a buffet breakfast. It was very good, I thought reasonably priced for a buffet in a deluxe resort, and we didn't wait very long at all for a table for the 5 of us.

Anyone know the place I'm talking about? :confused:

life.gif

MELSMICE,

The restaurant you are referring to is the YC Galley. While they are open for breakfast, I'm not sure if they are offering the buffet anymore.
angel.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We also enjoyed Spoodles!

Another great thing about the Y&BC and Boardwalk Inn is their closeness to the restaurants in the World Showcase. You are just a few quick minutes walk, or a VERY short boat-ride from places like Chefs de France and LeCellier!

Thank-You so much everybody!!

One more question:

Does the Cape May Cafe's buffet have other foods other than seafood (like chicken/beef/ribs etc.)?

Thanks!!!

Richard. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter