Yachstman 5:15ADR before MVMCP, will we make it?

neodymm

Mouseketeer
We have an ADR @ 5:15 for Yachtsmen Steakhouse on our MVMCP night. I've been hoping for a Monorail signature or Character ADR (CP, CRT, CM or 1900PF) for that night, but no luck so far. We've never eaten at YS, so I am wondering if we can eat at 5:15ish and make it back to MK by 6:50ish before the party festivities start? DH says no, I say maybe?? I figure we will check-in at 5:00 when dinner starts, so maybe get seated a few minutes early. We are not generally slow people (will have our selections picked before we get there), so don't mind rushing some, but we are certainly not going to inhale our food in a signature restaurant. :rolleyes1 Will also have DD6 with us and she can easily be distracted by hidden mickeys and such. We are on DxDP, so it does take time to eat all that food! So, am I nuts to think we might make it? Advice, anyone?

I think you'll be fine. The party runs from like 7pm till midnight. There isn't something right at 7pm your going to miss. Besides, if you don't get there right at the time you want (6:50), it really couldn't be much later. If your planning on staying till midnight, I would say get a good meal.

Also, not sure of your situation, but on party days, I think you can get in early with your ticket.. like 4pm or something like that. If you didn't have park hopper, or you just bought the party ticket, you would get more time in MK. Just a thought.. Call CS for details if your interested in what time your allowed to arrive for the party.

We're going to Narcoossee's at 5:30 p.m. Then will be a monorail ride to MK. I'm hoping to get to MK by 7:30...that gives us two hours. The first parade is 8:15 & that's the first thing on my list.

You can get in at the party at 4...however, I kind of found it crazy from 4 to 7 last year. So many people coming into the park that the wait times got long. Last year we went & ate CS & kind of just hung around waiting for the first parade anyway. So this time we are trying a different approach...plus, it was the only chance I had to eat at Narcoossee's & I wanted to try it.

Good luck to both of us on making it to the party on time!

Yeah, we've been before, but I think we usually catch the first perfomance at the back of Tomorrowland...seems like that starts around 7:15 or 7:30. It's not our only day in MK, so we will be mostly focusing on party only festivities and seeing the characters in Holiday attire. We are planning to be in AK that day, so doubt we will get over to MK early to get our wristbands. We do usually stay til midnight. I think rapunzels is right...we'd probably easily make it there around 7ish, so I am just over stressing. And, who knows...maybe a coveted ADR at CRT, Cali Grill or Narcoossee's will pop up for early dinner. But, if not, I think we will be fine. Now just gotta figure out where to change into "holiday themed" attire :santa:

MagicalMawMaw -- I am sure you will also enjoy your signature meal and will make it to the party on time! I am sure once I have a glass of wine with dinner I won't be so worried about the exact minute I arrive at the party! ;)

Can't wait to hear reports about the first party on Nov. 8th and see a schedule.

we're going to citricos at 5:50 which i know is cutting it close... but we just want to get there in time for fireworks, check out the experience and be there later.

we're going to citricos at 5:50 which i know is cutting it close... but we just want to get there in time for fireworks, check out the experience and be there later.

Looks like you will be at one of the first parties! Please do post about your experience and the schedule! Can't wait to read about it...can't wait to be there again.

We have an ADR @ 5:15 for Yachtsmen Steakhouse on our MVMCP night. I've been hoping for a Monorail signature or Character ADR (CP, CRT, CM or 1900PF) for that night, but no luck so far. We've never eaten at YS, so I am wondering if we can eat at 5:15ish and make it back to MK by 6:50ish before the party festivities start? DH says no, I say maybe?? I figure we will check-in at 5:00 when dinner starts, so maybe get seated a few minutes early. We are not generally slow people (will have our selections picked before we get there), so don't mind rushing some, but we are certainly not going to inhale our food in a signature restaurant. :rolleyes1 Will also have DD6 with us and she can easily be distracted by hidden mickeys and such. We are on DxDP, so it does take time to eat all that food! So, am I nuts to think we might make it? Advice, anyone?

Are you driving or using WDW transportation? You might make it if you are driving; I don't see how you will do it if you are going to take the MK bus from YC/BC.

I've never had a fast meal at YSH. Especially if you are doing appetizers and desserts. They even walk you in slow; showing you the meat display and the dessert display.

My family and I actually have almost identical plans. We have Yachtman booked for 5pm (first available) on Nov 30th. We plan on finishing dinner by 6:15-630pm and getting into our rental car and zoom over to the party by 650-7pm.
Our main objectives is to get good seats to view holiday wishes and the Christmas parade. We're going to the MK again the next day to do the rides.
We're hoping since it's the first party after the T-giving weekend it'll perhaps be slower and quieter and we won't have to fight crowds to get a good viewing spot.
It was either that or Citrico's at 530pm and a monorail ride over to the party (yes, more convenient) but the carnivores in our family voted on the meat-filled menu instead (Will be going to Narcoosee's the next night after MK also).
I think it's very doable with a car....def not with disney transportation

We will be using Disney busses. In our experiences, I think the transportation travel time is about equal for Disney busses and us actually driving ourselves, but that's just my opinion. We really like parking when we arrive and never getting back in the car until we are going home.

Now, Pakey's post about YSH being slow in general does concern me. Normally I'd appreciate that with it being a signature restaurant, but maybe we will be able to speed things up a bit since we already know what we are ordering! I could fax them our order and they could just have it ready when we sit down :rotfl:

Thanks for all the posts...I enjoy reading the different opinions. Still hoping to get into a Monorail ADR or :worship:CRT. I did just get Coral Reef for our Candelight Processional Package instead of Marrakesh, so that was good. There is still hope!

My family and I actually have almost identical plans. We have Yachtman booked for 5pm (first available) on Nov 30th. We plan on finishing dinner by 6:15-630pm and getting into our rental car and zoom over to the party by 650-7pm.
Our main objectives is to get good seats to view holiday wishes and the Christmas parade. We're going to the MK again the next day to do the rides.
We're hoping since it's the first party after the T-giving weekend it'll perhaps be slower and quieter and we won't have to fight crowds to get a good viewing spot.
It was either that or Citrico's at 530pm and a monorail ride over to the party (yes, more convenient) but the carnivores in our family voted on the meat-filled menu instead (Will be going to Narcoosee's the next night after MK also).
I think it's very doable with a car....def not with disney transportation

When you get back let us know if you made it and how long your dinner took. Have a great trip!

okay i'm back!!

so we got to citrico's and were seated around 5:35ish. we got there a little early and luckily were accommodated. we had a very very very (did i mention very) slow waiter who thought he was just hilarious. i was in a hurry, lol. we did have an amazing meal--it was delish--but i was ready to go. we left about 7:15 and made our way over. we had plenty of time before the first parade, so we did some character photos and rides... then fireworks and we left at midnight. we had plenty of time and i'm glad we ate first so we had the rest of the night to do activities instead of snack, etc.

if you go to yachtsman, be sure to ask for oscar. he's great!! we ask for him everytime!! let him know you're in a hurry and he will do anything he can to move things along!!

if you're really worried about time... be sure to take a cab from the yacht club to the magic kingdom!!

If you have a car, you should be OK.
We have an ADR at Artist Point at 5:45PM on our 12/2 MVMCP night. We will be cutting it close, but we will be OK too.

okay i'm back!!

so we got to citrico's and were seated around 5:35ish. we got there a little early and luckily were accommodated. we had a very very very (did i mention very) slow waiter who thought he was just hilarious. i was in a hurry, lol. we did have an amazing meal--it was delish--but i was ready to go. we left about 7:15 and made our way over. we had plenty of time before the first parade, so we did some character photos and rides... then fireworks and we left at midnight. we had plenty of time and i'm glad we ate first so we had the rest of the night to do activities instead of snack, etc.

if you go to yachtsman, be sure to ask for oscar. he's great!! we ask for him everytime!! let him know you're in a hurry and he will do anything he can to move things along!!

if you're really worried about time... be sure to take a cab from the yacht club to the magic kingdom!!

Good to know...we're going in early Dec. We have a 5:35 ressie at Citrico's and then plan on heading over to MVMCP. Sounds like you guys had a great night!

Ok, so I got an ADR at 5:40 for Cali Grill (couldn't believe it when it popped up). It's later than our original ADR at YS for 5:15, but I think we will be better off in a monorail resort. We will still go to the CR early to check out the decor and hopefully get a table at CG earlier than our ADR time.

Sounds like you had a great time LuvLuvLuv! When we do make it to YS, we will be sure to ask for Oscar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter