YAAHOOOOO!!! Just got a better rate!!

2vets

Addicted since 1971
So excited - just had to tell you guys to NEVER give up on getting a better room rate, even a couple days before you go!! My BF and I (and it is his first time ever at Universal, even better) will be in Florida for the long weekend, and we made last-minute reservations to stay at RP this Friday night. We were paying the rack rate of $219, as that was all that was available when we booked on Sunday...well, a Fan Club rate JUST became available, and they switched us right over! Saves us $54!!!

YIPPEE!!! Hulk, here I come!!! Could I be any more excited?? I thought since the cancellation date had passed, we had no shot of getting a better rate for Friday!!

Lucky you!

I've been trying to apply a discount (any discount) to our reservation beginning Monday, Feb. 16, and I haven't had any luck at all. After I read your message, I called again. But, alas, no discount! I have a King Suite booked at the rack rate of $299 per night and they say there is no discount available for that room (I've had this reservation since September). I booked the suite because they would not let me book a regular room for four nights beginning Feb. 16th. I was told that I could book a regular room for five nights beginning 2-16-04 at the rate of $219 per night, or the suite for $299 per night for four nights. Well, I took the suite.

Of course, we are all excited about our upcoming trip and I'm happy to have the suite, but I sure wish I could have applied a discount to it. I am Loews Gold, but I don't have much hope for any kind of upgrade, since the hotel is sold out.

Glad you were able to get a discount!!!

Have fun!

Antmaril - I don't get this - are you booked on a package? Will they let you split up the nights on a package? If you aren't on a package, maybe you should check the individual nights as opposed to the whole stay. You might wind up paying more for one or two of the nights, but maybe you'll save some cash on other nights. At $54 (or more) a night, it is worth the effort.

I just kept going to to loewshotels.com and checking reservations under the Fan Club rate - one just popped up 2 days after the cancellation cutoff, which I wouldn't have expected.

Good luck - and have a great time next week!

No, I am not booked with a package. I know it is very odd. Even the reservationists couldn't really explain it. One suggested I book five nights and check out early.

As it turns out, I really need the one bedroom suite, so I'm going to leave it as it is. It's more than I really want to spend, but at least it's only four nights. I wouldn't do it longer than that.

Thanks for the suggestion and good wishes. We are looking forward to next week. It's supposed to be three degrees in Detroit on Monday morning and by Noon we'll be in the sun (I hope). They are predicting rain next week, but I'm not going to worry about it, since there is nothing I can do!!!

We have often had more than one reservation for the same trip at different rates. They will warn you that you may have to move to another room, but it never happens. We have paid $99 for some nights and almost twice as much for the others. Also the Loews site is showing nights that are not available by phone. I would try all the codes. They just released many more rooms this week.

It may have something to do with the fact that it's a King Suite. I've stayed in a King Suite two times and could never get anything other than a AAA discount. Just curious, you said "it turns out , I really need the one bedroom suite". The suite is large and beautiful but is not separate rooms and the max guests is 3. Any questions about the room, I'll try to answer.

Are you saying there is no separate bedroom in the King Suite?

It was my understanding that it is a one bedroom suite due to the description off the RPR website. Here's how it reads:

"King Suite
A large, one bedroom suite with a comfortable living room, two TVs, two sitting areas and generous closet space."

Wouldn't you take that to mean that there is a bedroom with a door?

I just got off the phone with the front desk at the Royal Pacific and was reassured that my king suite has a bedroom with a door and a separate sitting area with a sofa bed. One bathroom.

I'm relieved.

I'm sorry!!:confused: I didn't notice it was RPR. I was talking about HRH. At HRH the King Suite does not have a separate bedroom. :crazy:

I just booked RPR for $167 (AAA rate) for May 20-24. The reservationist said we would be upgraded to club at time of check-in if it is available (we're Loews gold). Here's keeping my fingers crossed and thanks to 2-vets for making me keep checking the website for better rates. I had the HRH booked for $191(AAA, queen room) but I like this deal better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter