• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD: CCV or RIV?

I'd choose CCV. I don't use cash when I have points and moving for one night is a pain.

Even though we loved CCV when we stayed there, I am anxious to stay at Riviera & ride the gondolas. Hope to do so soon.

We live in the Northern wilderness , basically, so Im not sure we would like to try Wilderness Area. Everyone seems to really love it so it does sound tempting at times. I am not sure that wilderness would be enough of a get away. Back and forth on that.
We live in NH - talk about wilderness but still LOVE IT! I think you really have to experience the resort as only Disney can do it!

Yeah, we live in Illinois, and we vacation often on lakes in Wisconsin and Minn. and have been to some similar looking “Wilderness” themed resorts there. WL just doesn’t appeal to me. You’re the first person I’ve seen who feels similar! Everyone seems to love WL! I get it, I guess, but I feel zero excitement when I look at pictures.
That’s kind of how I feel about the decor at BRV - maybe a little too rustic for my taste.

I can’t imagine one would regret either choice, so in that respect, it’s a win-win. But even though CCV/BRV is my favorite resort(s), I’d still choose Riviera for the experience. Good luck!

Different stroke for different folks. So nice to have options so everyone can find something they love. 😊

The sad things is that there are getting to be less options. With each refurb they cater to the non-themed modern group that want white paint everywhere. I expect you'll like VWL more after the refurb than I will.

The sad things is that there are getting to be less options. With each refurb they cater to the non-themed modern group that want white paint everywhere. I expect you'll like VWL more after the refurb than I will.
That is fair. We own at AKV and I love the theming and decor, but I know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But I appreciate that they are trying to immerse you in that theme.

Although I love WL, I've done it many times. I would love to see the newer places so it's Riviera for me. Even if it's only for one night. That doesn't bother me as I would also love to do even one night at the CC Cabins if I could afford to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter