Wow that's gay!

tinkerbell12

If you can be my bodyguard, I can be your long los
So this totally retarded kid in my class is soo gay. He dresses all black and is totally emo and he's such a freak!

Those words: retarded, gay, emo.

They're so overused.
They're so incorrectly used, too.

What are your opinions on them?
Do you use them?

Speak.

retarded=/=stupid
gay=/=stupid
emo=/=stupid.

is there anything else to really say about it?:confused3

omg i seriously just thought that you were seriously using those words. (i use the word serious too much. i blame grey's anatomy) Even though for the past week people have been posting how much people misuse those words. On the Pet Peeves thread and the Gay Marriage thread.

Now that i've read your post I think it's true that people use those words without thinking. Kids in my school always say that's wicked gay. omg that's retarded. I used to say stuff but some of my friends are gay and I don't want to offend them in anyway.

Whenever my friends say "that shirt is so gay" and stuff like that I say this:

"Oh really, does that shirt like another shirt of the same gender, or is it really happy?"

Then, they look at me and say nothing becasue they know I am right.

I only use emo, on emo people.
And I've come to terms that the actually emo, emo, sad emo kids really scare me.
Really.

Woah for a second I actually thought you were serious..lol.

I think it's VERY idiotic and not mature to use those words to describe a person or an action.:rolleyes:

I really don't use any three of those very much at all, because I know I wouldn't want to be called them in return. I do however use groovy a lot.:lmao:

It makes me so mad when people say that a shirt or something is "gay".
I've tried explaining to my friends that they shouldn't say that because it might offened someone, but they just look at me like I'm crazy.

I will admit that my flute doesn't like other flutes, though.

EDIT:
When I say my flute doesn't like other flutes, I mean my flute, the instrument that I play in band.
Just wanted to clear that up.

I almost NEVER say retarded even when referring to a mentally challeneged person, i always just say "Mentally challenged"

And as for emo? Well i think thats a little different because i dont say it like "omg hes so emo" nope its the type of school i go to where i can say it and it makes sense

and for gay? Im not even going to comment on that....

Wow, I thought you were serious! Lmao, I was about to go off...

Yes, it's stupid. Incredibly stupid, and offensive.

And it annoys the hell out of me. :cool2:

Actually... i've been using those terms for so long... that I don't really notice that I use them. And I don't have a problem when I hear people using them either.

People never had a problem with 'phat' and I don't see people having problems with 'ghetto' or 'pimpin'... so it's a phase. People will stop using 'gay' and 'retarted' eventually. People say stuff. If it bothers you... then don't let it.

These are extremely stupid and I hate it when people use them without their correct meaning. Also phrases like "you should go to rehab". I hate that one the most.

people say those words all the time at our school. the only one I would use would be Emo, like some kids are at my school. they scare me biggg time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter