Would you take a baby that's 13 months to Disney?

I'd say go for it! We brought our daughter at 18months and just seeing her smile and interact the with characters and the parades it was all worth it. Sure she won't remember any of it but we have pics for her to look at when she's a bit older. My wife and I also had a great time as well.

Diaper changes etc aren't too much of a hassle there are change tables at almost all the washrooms.

I'm definitely not going to put my vacation plans on hold because we have a young child in the house.

We go, and we have a good time.

DD's first trip was when she was 2.5. She doesn't remember it, but she did have an enjoyable time.

As a baby, you have to change their diaper and fix a bottle anyway. Why not do it at Disney?

One more thing - ignore the people who say the baby won't remember it. Do you honestly live every single moment of your life for what you will remember in the future? Seriously? What about having fun in the moment? We have priceless memories and pictures of our trips with our kids as babies. I have taken small babies with me everywhere, to the beach, to Disney, to the zoo.... it is only as hard has you make it!

:thumbsup2

We took our oldest when she was 13 months, our second when she was 15 months and our youngest will go before she turns 1. It's not about them remembering, especially if you're like us and go all the time. It's about making memories for the family. I'd never tell someone they're child was too young for Disney. :goodvibes

I would not think twice about a WDW with a 13 month old baby. I would, however, think twice about an August trip. I think the only way I would do a trip in the summer is with older kids because I would be able to take advantage of the later park hours. That is a personal preference because my tolerance for really hot weather is very low! :)

WDW trips for us are about family time, not just what we are specifically doing, and WDW provides the perfect backdrop for that-no matter what the age!

I wouldn't take any kid to Disney World before they were about 6 or 7 and could remember the trip. I am not going to Disney for ME. I am going for my kids.
I never went on any vacations when my kids were babies. It's just too much work and not fun.

Our most recent trip, my girls were 4 and 2 and they talk about that trip several times a day. We did go on that trip for them and we all had a blast. It wasn't any work at all. I'd have to take care of my kids and their daily needs at home, why not go to Disney?

I'm definitely not going to put my vacation plans on hold because we have a young child in the house.

Exactly! :goodvibes

One more thing - ignore the people who say the baby won't remember it. Do you honestly live every single moment of your life for what you will remember in the future? Seriously? What about having fun in the moment? We have priceless memories and pictures of our trips with our kids as babies. I have taken small babies with me everywhere, to the beach, to Disney, to the zoo.... it is only as hard has you make it!

Well said.

We have always taken our kids no matter what their age, DD this year will be 20 mo when we go and I think she will have a blast even though she won't remember it when she is older. Heck I don't remember everything about WDW my first trip when I was around 8 or 9 so I guess you can say that any age can be too young :)

Everyone is different, some people do not like to take their younger kids (or any) on vacation with them while others feel they need to take them everywhere :) It is just a matter of preference.

I think I will get more memories out of our trip this year than our youngest will, but our oldest will have a wonderful time and lots of memories to share later with her little sister.

I wouldn't take any kid to Disney World before they were about 6 or 7 and could remember the trip. I am not going to Disney for ME. I am going for my kids. So I want them to be big enough to ride everything, big enough to really understand it and enjoy it, and most importantly big enough to remember it.

I never went on any vacations when my kids were babies. It's just too much work and not fun.

Wow. We took our four kids last year (14, 12, 2, and 4 months). The baby didn't get a lot out of it, though he was fine. The two year old (now almost four year old) had a blast, and he and I spend a lot of time looking at our trip pictures, looking at youtube Disney videos, etc. I wouldn't trade those Disney memories with him for anything in the world.

I think that 6 or 7 is great, but there is such magic there for small children.

We took our daughter at 4 months, again at 8 months and are going at 16 months. Why wouldnt you go? If you need a vacation there is no better place because its kid friendly, transportation doesnt need a car seat, they can do it all for free, I lovr disney so we would do it anyway even if we didnt have a kid, much safer than travelling to mexico/dominican/cuba with a little one, tons of photographers so you can get some great family shots, the list goes on and on. As for people saying they wont remember it. First of all stimulation helps the brain develope even if you dont remember it and there are plenty of thijgs you do they wont remember, by that lgic you could just lock them in the basement till they are 6 because hey, they wont remember it anyway. Personally i dont even remember much from public school let alone from when i was 6 but that doesnt mean I would just as well not have done it lol

We traveled with our children everywhere when they were babies and now with our grandchildren. The youngest we have ever taken to WDW is 7 months and she had a blast. She is almost 3 now and this will be her 3rd trip, she does love to watch the video of the other 2 trips. Babies are work no matter where you are.

Sure!
We took our daughter at 3.5 months(in February, heat wasn't a factor), at 10 months, at 13 months, at 18 months, and then at 3 years with our son who was 13 months.
Easy easy easy. She was sleeping through the night by the time her first trip happened, so that wasn't an issue. The *only* issue we had was the first trip she wasn't sitting up yet, so we had to make sure we had her stroller with her infant car seat attached so she'd have somewhere to sit in restaurants.

My kids are 9 and 11 now and we go once a year..but I think our best trip was when the kids were 1 and 3. They behaved beautifully the entire time, the weather was perfect(October), the kids loooooved all the rides and shows and parades, everything about that trip was perfect.

I'm going on vacation at least once a year. Happened before kids, it's happening while I have kids at home, and will happen after they are out of the house..having children did not stop us from going away.
Pack them up, take them with you, expect that you can go and have a good time with babies and young children. It was easier back then than it is now that they are old enough to bicker with each other. LOL

I can watch them every day all day at home and have fun, why wouldn't we be able to do it on vacation?

As a baby, you have to change their diaper and fix a bottle anyway. Why not do it at Disney?

:thumbsup2

Exactly! I could have stayed home in Canada and stared outside at the snow while on mat leave or I could sit on a bench in MK BFing my 3 month while people watching. Hmmm tough choice......:cloud9::laughing:

I wouldn't take any kid to Disney World before they were about 6 or 7 and could remember the trip. I am not going to Disney for ME. I am going for my kids. So I want them to be big enough to ride everything, big enough to really understand it and enjoy it, and most importantly big enough to remember it.

Really I took a 3 month old and a 3 year old and had a blast.

I've always said to people while on this exact topic is that if you only plan on going once go when the kids are older (8-10ish perhaps). But if you can go several times there is no need to wait. There is something there for every age. Well maybe not a 3 month old but I have the most awesome picture of him meeting Mickey! :hippie:

we're taking an 8 month old :goodvibes

My son will be 2 years at the time and my best friend always says that when her kids were in diapers was the easiest time. She hated it right after potty training time though. Before every ride it was "are you SURE you don't have to go"

Yesterday she texted me from the bathroom in Target -- she was waiting outside the stall for a 1/2 hour while her son was singing and merrily trying to do his business. She was like KEEP HIM IN DIAPERS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE LOL

Seriously, I always say if you are only going to go ONCE in 10 years than wait till the kid can enjoy it but if you're like me and plan on going every 2-3 years (as long as we can afford it) then why not?

I've never understood the "they won't remember it, so why waste our time" mentality.
They may not remember, but they will ENJOY themselves, and the parents will make precious memories (not to mention the pictures!).

Does this policy apply at home as well? No birthday parties until age 6, no Santa or Easter Bunny (presents or pictures), no local day trips to museums, parks, zoos, etc- because they are not old enough to remember it?

I say that as long as the parents know what to expect- slower pace, not seeing everything, having to change diapers and take naps, etc- then there is no reason NOT to go.

I think the trips ARE for the young children, as much as the parents. They will cherish the family pictures when they are older, and appreciate that their parents loved them and spent happy times together.

Yep, we took our DS at 12 months and again at 20 months. He will be going back at 27 months. Obviously I think it's worth it and we have a great time together. I'll never forget the first time he saw Mickey or the first time he rode Pooh or his first hair cut that was done at the Main St. Barbershop - so many wonderful memories!

We took our DD on her first wdw trip when she was 6 mo. in Aug. It was a big family trip so we did all the major rides using rope drop and fast pass. Our DD went on lots of rides and nursed during some shows. I would walk around the stores or hit up the baby care centers while the others rode those with height restrictions. We planned for the heat with afternoon breaks, stroller fans, sun shades, misting fans, lots of water and extra nursing. There wasn't a lot of extra fuss and we had a great trip. I will never forget her first time meeting Mickey and we have great pictures of our smiling, happy baby.

Also as others have noted, we love Disney and go every yr. I'm not going to skip vacation just because there's a little one in our house.

Do people keep their children locked up in a room with minimal necessities and minimal interaction until they are at a point where they can remember things? Do these people not take their children ANYWHERE oriented towards children until they are old enough to remember? Sorry, the whole they won't remember logic makes no sense to me :confused3.

Anyways, my parents took me for the first time at 13 months, and while I don't remember the trip (and they openly admit they went because they love Disney, not specifically for me) even now at 21 I look back at the pictures and video of the trip. I'm glad they started brainwashing me with a love for Disney at a young age ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter