Would you still lock your doors when you went out if there was no risk of being broken into?

What if that lake is Crystal Lake?
331fa4552e9c2863440940e6a100ad4c5f64ca5e_hq.jpg

(And it's a trick question, he's just going to smash through the windows anyway.)
LOL - We live within 10 miles of where that was shot and still don't lock our doors. :rotfl2:

We live in a neighborhood with a gate and guardhouse. There's also a security patrol that drives and bikes around the neighborhood and monitors the alarm systems for residents for a very low price. Theft is very rare here. We lock some doors because they will blow open if not locked but keep other doors unlocked. We do lock all doors if we're going out of town.

Some kid on a gaming forum said, "Ha, you have to find me first" and so from his posts on the gaming forum I figured out where he lives in the UK from my computer at home in Pennsylvania and sent him his address in a private message. I was correct.

It may not be as difficult to find you as you think.
But yet I'm not losing sleep...weird, right? :confused3

I do t care how “safe” people think their neighborhoods are, plenty of bad people will come into those neighborhoods or live among them and will jump on the opportunity.

I have lived in both “good safe “ and not so good safe neighborhoods.

Due to bad people coming into my supposed good safe neighborhood when I was younger, I am funny about locking the apartment up.
I lock my car up as well since I was a teen even when I had a car that didn’t lock while driving it and it may have saved from someone trying to do me harm.

Oh my, the drunk guy post. I've had two drunk guy incidents. One in an apartment and one in a quiet residential neighborhood. I had forgotten those until I read the other post!

I also avoided being victim of a midnight panty raid in my dorm room in college. My roommate refused to lock the door and it was an ongoing disagreement between us. Fortunately the idiots started on the 3rd floor, not the first because we were literally the first door and my roommate had come in late and hadn't locked it.(she agreed to lock from then on!)

Some kid on a gaming forum said, "Ha, you have to find me first" and so from his posts on the gaming forum I figured out where he lives in the UK from my computer at home in Pennsylvania and sent him his address in a private message. I was correct.

No kidding! It's not rocket science these days.

No kidding! It's not rocket science these days.
But yet why would you bother? Just to make a point? It’s pretty obnoxious, maybe even borderline creepy actually. :sad2: Mind your own business and lock whatever doors you want.

But yet why would you bother? Just to make a point? It’s pretty obnoxious, maybe even borderline creepy actually. :sad2: Mind your own business and lock whatever doors you want.
For my story, because it was fun in a group of anonymous online friends from around the world who's been racing online in a simulator for years. We all had a good laugh, including the subject of it all. Why would someone figure out where you are for evil intentions? How the heck would I know, I'm not evil. But I do know there is evil out there.

For my story, because it was fun in a group of anonymous online friends from around the world who's been racing online in a simulator for years. We all had a good laugh, including the subject of it all. Why would someone figure out where you are for evil intentions? How the heck would I know, I'm not evil. But I do know there is evil out there.
:rolleyes:

I didn't say that I was interested but there's a lot of people out there who are.

yes, doors are locked any time we leave the house, and definitely at night, and most of the time during the day. If kids are outside playing, door will be unlocked then, and then if we're outside like grilling or whatever, but if nobody is outside, doors are all always locked.

It's an illogical question as posed because there is never going to be such a situation where you KNOW there is no risk.

This is what I thought as well when I read the topic. Of course there's a risk....there's always a chance that someone can break into your home. No matter where you live or how safe you think it is. I've lived in this house for almost 14 years and never had any issues with anyone breaking into my home...or trying to drunkenly enter my home.... until last Sunday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter