Would you add another room night if...

We booked an extra night on each end of our trip at the Hilton Palace at Disney Springs for this very reason. I’ve got a ton of Hilton points so one night was free,,

As a solo traveler myself, I have never seen the flight cheaper than one night stay in a hotel. Often a Sunday flight is $50 to $70 less than a Saturday flight. Another room night at WDW will be more than that.

But it seems your question is more about flight time than cost.
When I flew solo I had seen a difference of $270 for one day and my hotel cost was $50 a night, so definitely worth that.

When I flew solo I had seen a difference of $270 for one day and my hotel cost was $50 a night, so definitely worth that.
There are always exceptions. Thanks for pointing that out.

Using points for a free hotel - worth the extra day.
Finding a room for $50 - worth the extra day.
Getting comped a room - worth the extra day.
The difference between a Saturday flight and a Sunday flight over $200 - worth the extra day.

How early on Sunday would the flight be?

If it required me to wake up at a super early hour (before 7 am) to rush to the airport, probably not. But if it was late enough that I'd get to stay out late on Saturday night to fully enjoy my last "Disney day" and still wake up rested the next morning, then absolutely!
The flight is early in the morning, but I wouldn't stay out very late the night before (I go to bed very early, even in Disney). The main reason I'm considering it is because the thought of going to the parks and then flying on a plane while I'm all sweaty and covered in sunscreen grosses me out. :crazy2:

Personally, even if the flight difference didn't make up the entire hotel cost, I might still do it to get the extra day.
I'm trying to weigh not just monetary costs, but my time and things like that. I would get to spend a whole day in the parks, as opposed to a half day, so I would be getting full value out of my ticket. And like I mentioned above, getting on a plane right after being in the parks for the day is not my cup of tea...

I'm trying to weigh not just monetary costs, but my time and things like that. I would get to spend a whole day in the parks, as opposed to a half day, so I would be getting full value out of my ticket. And like I mentioned above, getting on a plane right after being in the parks for the day is not my cup of tea...

I prefer to wake up early than stress about being back for DME, so I'd totally do an early flight on a sunday if i could swing the hit of the hotel room.

getting on a plane right after being in the parks for the day is not my cup of tea...
The main reason I'm considering it is because the thought of going to the parks and then flying on a plane while I'm all sweaty and covered in sunscreen grosses me out. :crazy2:
That's what I figured. In that case stay the extra night. Well worth it even if the cost of the hotel room is more than the flight savings.

We've done it a few times at the beginning of the trip, since flying Friday night was cheaper than Saturday morning. It gives me some more park time, so I'm happy with it even if I don't quite save money.

Yes. Enjoy your evening in Disney, get up early and take the early flight. You'll feel better arriving home in the daytime than late at night anyway (at least I would).

Yes, I would go home on Sunday instead. saving money on the flight to subsidize the extra night at the resort would do it for me.

So I'm staying at ASMo, but of course they didn't have any rooms available for the Saturday night, but ASMu did...is it worth it to switch since they're so close together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter