• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would Not Recommend Pre-Park Opening Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine.

Pre-opening breakfasts at any of the parks have issues like this fairly often in our experience. We've been held at MK until very close to 8am frequently during the slower times of year and then they get a whole flood of people wanting to be seated all at once. We've also had a number of times where they opened the park for the day 10-15 minutes early which makes you crazy when you don't expect it and aren't ready. When we've gone during slightly busier times of year they threw in a bunch of 8am park openings about a week out so our pre-opening breakfasts weren't any more..... We switched after more bad experiences than good to the mid-morning breakfast and had much better results. Rope drop and do a bunch of rides super quick then 10:30-10:45 breakfast followed by our 3 FP+s. At that point if we are hot or tired we can rest and swim for the afternoon and come back for the evening for a 4th FP we scheduled before leaving the park, dinner, a ride if we are lucky, and the evening shows.

We did the H&V lunch and had a very similar experience, aside from not being let into the park on time. It was disappointing, for sure.

We have an 8:05 ADR there on May 8th... but we won't be rushing to do any rides after since we'll be there twice previously (one evening with FP+ and one morning without). I think we'll utilize our morning there to meet whatever characters my son has missed. My son hasn't seen Star Wars and we won't bother with Jedi training.

Edited to add: this breakfast was a MUST for us. Not for getting into the park early but because for our trip it's the only way my son can meet Doc McStuffins.

We have an 8:05 ADR there on May 8th... but we won't be rushing to do any rides after since we'll be there twice previously (one evening with FP+ and one morning without). I think we'll utilize our morning there to meet whatever characters my son has missed. My son hasn't seen Star Wars and we won't bother with Jedi training.

Edited to add: this breakfast was a MUST for us. Not for getting into the park early but because for our trip it's the only way my son can meet Doc McStuffins.

You don't have to go to H&V for Doc McStuffins, though it will probably be easier?

Check out this KtP link to see

This was a great thread. I have an 8am ADR hoping to give my DS5 a way to wait in the a/c instead of the gates and still be in front for JTA signup in September during last weekend of Frozen Summer. Characters, nor the breakfast is the priority. Being at or nearest to front so we can hop out of the park is the priority for us. Oh the decisions! Guess I can just play it by ear.

It would have helped if I looked at your signature first, doh! Sorry!

This breakfast was one of the highlights of our trip! The atmosphere was great, and the food was good. We had an ADR prior to the park opening and had no problems. My nephew loved meeting his favorite characters! And my sister and I loved not having to wait in the long lines to meet them with a three year old.

Thanks for all the information. We have a pre-park ADR scheduled, where do we enter the park?

Sorry you had such a bad experience! I had a 8am ADR there in March...park opening was 9am. I arrived at 7:45.
They had a H & V Cast member there at the far left turnstile who verified my ressie and they let me in.
I was able to get photopass pics on an empty Hollywood Boulevard, then went to check in for my ressie and no one was ahead of me.
I don't go there for the characters so much...I eat there mostly because it's the only table service breakfast in HS.
I do enjoy their breakfast, even tho the restaurant is a bit loud but I don't mind that.
I wish they had another TS breakfast in Hollywood studios.

We also did not have a great experience at H&V. We've done pre-park opening at Crystal Palace 3 or 4 times and always had good experiences.

Any input on Tusker House? We have an 8:15 that I thought was a great idea but now I'm not so sure!

I'm sorry your experience was so awful. We've only had GREAT experiences there, and it is a must-do for each of our trips. We are usually out by about 9:05 which is fine as I always have a TSMM FP booked so no need to run anywhere :)

Any input on Tusker House? We have an 8:15 that I thought was a great idea but now I'm not so sure!

One of the best breakfasts on property IMO! SO great! Delicious food and fun character interaction. Just have your Safari FP booked so you don't have to run out afterwards :)

TH was one of the best meals on our last trip. I highly recommend it. The food was soooo good and we really liked the character interaction.

We had prepark opening ADRs at every park in November and only DHS was an issue. Each park has their own pre-opening ADR procedures so I wouldn't worry about it at all (our only issue with TH was the parking lot opening up much later than you would expect in the past, not a problem if you are taking the bus and not always a problem, in general). I would show up as early as possible if you want to be out by rope drop, but I bet it will be fine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter